☆ 4.26 ~ just hold on

just hold on don't lose control now
just hold on don't lose your soul now
~ presence, just hold on

just hold on don't lose control nowjust hold on don't lose your soul now~ presence, just hold on

Elena didn't know what to do in that moment. It all happened so fast. One second Lydia was holding her heart in her hand, ready to pull it out. The next, she was watching a stake go through her sister's heart and her boyfriend standing behind her when she fell to the ground. Dead. Elena didn't know how to respond or what to do. It happened so quickly. Elena had seen this once before. A stake gone through her sister's heart. Each time it was done by a loved one. Last time it was Jeremy and now. . .

"Y-you killed her," Elena didn't know what else to stay, shaking her head and bringing her fingers to her lips."She wasn't going to kill me, Damon. Why would you do that?"

"You don't know that," Damon shook his head, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself rather than Elena."I was trying to save your life."

"She's my sister!" Elena exclaimed, not even wanting to look down at Lydia's body. She didn't think she would be able to handle seeing her like that."She wasn't going to kill me and I would have rather had it been me than her."

"Well I wouldn't," Damon snapped back."I didn't want to kill her, but her hand was wrapped around your heart. I did what I had to."

"The only thing you have to do now is run," Elena responded coldly."Because I can't save you from what the Mikaelsons will do to you once they find out."

Damon opened his mouth to respond, but before he was able to, he heard an odd sound that he didn't expect to hear. Laughter. And it was coming from the person that he thought he just killed. His eyes trailed downwards and so did Elena's, seeing Lydia pulling herself up against the couch and laughing to herself. That was a shock to both Elena and Damon. Lydia was a vampire. Vampires were killed by a wooden stake through the heart and that's what just happened to Lydia. So why wasn't she dead? Why was laughter escaping her lips, why was she looking up at both of them? How was she alive?

"Wow, you should've seen your face, Elena," Lydia shook her head."You got all worried and scared, that's sweet, but you didn't think to notice that I was so not desiccating. But you, Damon? Wow. You just screwed up your relationship with Elena big time. And as for running. I think Elena's actually right about something for once. You should do that. But you better hope you're fast enough. Before someone-"

Lydia quickly flashed up, her hand tightly wrapped around the stake that Damon had used against her and shoving it into his stomach, grabbing his shoulder and pushing him down in front of her."Catches you."

"Lydia!"

The next thing Lydia knew, a fast blur when by her and she was grabbed roughly, pinned against the wall on the opposite end of the room.