☆ 1.15 ~ always and forever

you said you're gonna love me full and i said, "how could that be?" when i've never been whole and i've never been free oh, we're alive, but we're still asleep
won't you meet me in the dark? won't you tell me what you see?
~ lily kershaw, always and forever

you said you're gonna love me full and i said, "how could that be?" when i've never been whole and i've never been free oh, we're alive, but we're still asleepwon't you meet me in the dark? won't you tell me what you see?~ lily kershaw, always and...

When Elena and Jeremy got the call from Caroline saying that Lydia was at the hospital, they didn't know what to expect. They knew that they could get that call at any moment or that they could be the ones to make it, but that didn't make it any easier and unfortunately, the fact that Caroline couldn't tell them exactly what was wrong made it even worse. Upon their arrival, they expected it to just be Caroline in the waiting room, since she was the one who rode in the ambulance, but they were wrong. Kol was there. Of course Kol was there, though he was leaning against a wall and further away from the others.

Stefan was there too, along with Matt who sat next to Caroline on a chair as she cried softly, trying to comfort her. The second she saw Elena, she stood up from the chair, rushing over to her.

"I'm really sorry, Elena," Caroline's voice cracked as she spoke."But I-I think it's bad this time. It's really bad. She. . . She wasn't making any sense, she was just shouting random things and hearing things and she started to bleed from her eyes."

"What did the doctor say?" Elena bit down on her bottom lip, trying to keep from crying as she heard the news about her sister. She didn't wanted to hear all the facts first.

"Nothing because the doctors in this town are imbeciles," Klaus answered for Caroline, suddenly appearing behind her. Elena didn't even realize that he had been over at the front desk arguing with a doctor. She was too focused on her sister to care that Kol and Klaus were there at the moment."She has been here for half an hour and they have not the slightest idea as to what happened to her."

"Testing can take time," Stefan spoke up, sitting up from one of the chairs and walking over to the small group."Nothing was visibly wrong with her. They are looking for an explanation."

"Does blood coming from one's eyes not count as visibly wrong?" Klaus shot back at Stefan, who was a bit surprised that Klaus seemed to care at all. He was surprised that Klaus was even here to begin with.

"How does heart failure cause that anyways?" Jeremy asked the group, noticing that none of them seemed to think about that.

"Maybe it has something to do with how her heart pumps the blood," Stefan shrugged his shoulders, searching for a reason since the doctors couldn't seem to give them one."Could affect the blood vessels in her eyes."

"And the hallucinations?" Caroline wondered, not sure what word to use to describe what Lydia was going through. Lydia did seem to be having a conversation with someone who was not there."Or whatever that was?"