☆ 5.41 ~ echo

sometimes when i close my eyes,
i pretend i'm alright but it's never enough
'cause my echo, echo is the only voice coming back
~ jason walker, echo

20 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: what do you think lydia and kol would be like as parents?

Bonnie tapped her foot impatiently as she waited outside of the classroom door. It had been approximately eight minutes since she left Lydia alone with Professor Maxfield. She didn't know what was taking so long, but she didn't want to leave Lydia behind with him. So she stayed. But she didn't want to interrupt either. So she didn't go in. But something didn't feel right. Lydia didn't like talking to Maxfield, she would've been in and out of there.

She figured that she could interrupt. If anything, Lydia was probably hoping Lydia would. So Bonnie moved forward, placing her hand on the door handle and pushing it open, expecting to see Lydia and the professor at the front. Only she didn't see either of them. The classroom was completely empty.

They didn't come through the door, Bonnie knew that for sure. She was standing there the whole time. But there was a second door at the front. Without hesitation, she walked towards it quickly, pushing it open and stepping out into a hallway, which was also empty except for one student walking down it. A student that wasn't Lydia.

"Lydia?" Bonnie called out, hoping that Lydia was in one of the rooms off to the side. They were all labs. And they were all locked when she tried to get in. She didn't think anyone was in any of the rooms. And when she got to the one that had Maxfield's name on it, his was unlocked. But when she opened that door, the lab was completely empty. Not a person in sight.

Bonnie immediately took out her phone from her pocket, quickly calling Lydia and raising her phone to her ear. The phone rang. And it continued to rang until she reached Lydia's voicemail. Lydia always kept her phone on in case anyone needed to reach her. And now that she was waiting to her back from Elijah on Kol, she was practically glued to it. All of class she kept looking at her phone. But now she wasn't answering it and she was no where to be seen. Something wasn't right.

Opening her eyelids should've been the easiest task she could complete. She shouldn't even have had to think about it when she woke up, but right now, her eyelids were stuck to her under eye, as if they had been glued shut. Once she managed, Lydia blinked a few times to try to clear her vision, but she soon came to realize that there was nothing wrong with her vision. It was just dark. She remembered what happened before. She was talking with Maxfield, then everything went dark.

She could make out a dark ceiling above her, and she could feel the hard floor against her back, and on the palms of her hands. She knew she wasn't in her bed or even in her house. And she wasn't at the school anymore either. Lydia quickly sat up in her spot, looking around and pulling herself to her feet. To her left, she saw bars. And to the sides and behind her, there was just a brick wall. She was in a cell of some sort.

Lydia rushed forward, placing her hands on the bars and pulling at them. Pulling them apart, pulling them towards her, but nothing worked. She wasn't strong enough and her arms felt too weak. She didn't know if it was because of whatever he injected her with or if it was because of the datura she ingested. Maybe it was both.

"Are you aware of the high number of people I have seen try to do that?" A voice echoed throughout the room, but she couldn't tell where it was coming from until she looked a little closer. She could make someone out sitting in a cell in front of her? Another cell. Where the hell were they?

The person moved forward, shifting towards the small bit of light so that she could get a better look at them."

"Multiple that number by zero, and you will get the amount of people who succeeded," He continued.