☆ 1.10 ~ take care

dealing with a heart that i didn't break i'll be there for you, i will care for you when you're ready, just say you're ready when all the baggage just ain't as heavy and the party's over, just don't forget me cause if you let me, here's what I'll do I'll take care of you
~ drake featuring rihanna, take care

dealing with a heart that i didn't break i'll be there for you, i will care for you when you're ready, just say you're ready when all the baggage just ain't as heavy and the party's over, just don't forget me cause if you let me, here's what I'll ...

"I hate doctors."

Those were the first words to leave Lydia's mouth as she sat in a small waiting room with a few other people, leaning her head against the wall since her chair was pressed against it. Kol was right beside her. After the drive to the city, arriving at the hospital and checking in, Lydia sat down to wait with Kol since they arrived a bit ahead of time, luckily. Actually, it was lucky that they even arrived. Kol was a terrible driver.

"Come again?" Kol asked, she had been fairly quiet since they arrived and was surprised that those words were the first to leave her mouth, she didn't seem like the type to hate anything.

"I hate going to them I mean," Lydia corrected her statement."I always have since I was a kid. It's always bad news, I always have to get these uncomfortable tests and it just makes me scared. I don't like it."

Kol tried to figure out how to comfort her. He couldn't remember the last time he saw a doctor and he had never been to a modern one and since medicine had advanced significantly since he was a child, he didn't exactly know what happened. He did know that Lydia was upset, however, and it was his job to help her."Everything will be fine, darling. You said it yourself, this is a routine check up."

"I know," Lydia whispered, looking down at her lap."I'm just kinda scared. I hate the whole, bright lights, bloodwork, needles. . . All of it. I already did that, but the feeling is there whenever I'm in a hospital"

"I will be right by your side," Kol promised her, taking her hand into his easily since both their arms were laying on the armrest."That is if you wish for me to come with you."

"You don't need to come in," Lydia tried to assure him that she would be fine on her own."I got tests done a few days ago and the results were sent here. So we're just gonna go over stuff and they'll probably ask me a few questions."

"I know I do not need to, Dia, but do you want me to?" Kol questioned, to which Lydia didn't have an answer to give him. She wanted to say yes because she wanted him to be with her, she felt safe when he was around. On the other hand, he had already drove her all this way and sat with her while she waited, he had already helped her, she didn't want to ask for too much.

"No. It's fine," Lydia declined his offer, but Kol shook his head in response.

"I'm coming," He decided, knowing that Lydia wanted him to but that she was too afraid to ask. He was glad when he saw her relaxing a little bit, her lips curling up in a smile as she exhaled.

"Thank you," She breathed out."For offering. And taking me here. And waiting."

"I would do anything for you, Dia," Kol told her sincerely, which caused Lydia to pause, not sure how to respond to that. This was one of those moments where she couldn't quite figure Kol out. The way he spoke made it seem like they were friends for years. As if he really cared for her. Lydia couldn't figure out why he did, or why he appeared to. He seemed fo actively want to be around her, which Lydia didn't understand since she wasn't exactly the most fun person to hang out with. It wasn't even just hanging out that he wanted, he was fine with just sitting next to her in a doctor's office, something that some of the people closest to her didn't want to do.