☆ 4.21 ~ i was made for loving you

hold me close, through the night
don't let me go, we'll be all right
touch my soul and hold it tight
i've been waiting all my life
~ tori kelly, i was made for loving you

hold me close, through the nightdon't let me go, we'll be all righttouch my soul and hold it tighti've been waiting all my life~ tori kelly, i was made for loving you

Lydia woke up to something that was somehow both familiar and foreign to her at the same time. For the past few months, Lydia had woke up to an empty spot on her bed. She always stuck to one side of the bed, like she was waiting for someone to come join her. At first, it made moving on from Kol much more difficult. She had went so long with him by her side that every morning when she woke up and saw that he wasn't there, it was a reminder of what had happened. Over time, she got used to it until Kol wasn't the first thought that popped into her head when she woke.

Slipping back into that old pattern was easier than she thought. While having him beside her was odd when her eyes fluttered open and so was the feeling of his arms wrapped around hers, it somehow felt like it had all those months ago when this was a normal morning for them. She had forgotten how much she loved it.

There wasn't much that changed between the two of them and that included the fact that Lydia usually woke up before him. Instead of getting an early start to her day, she chose to lay by his side. He was always so warm and she thought that it was cute that he continued to hold her so protectively even while he was sleeping. So after a quick glance of her phone, Lydia returned to resting her head on his chest and enjoying her time with her fiancé.

"Your staring is become quite obsessive, darling," Kol joked with her, keeping his eyes shut, but his voice was still raspy and low since he just awoke.

"Well can you blame me?" Lydia glanced up at him."You have a really nice face."

Kol breathed out a laugh and opened his eyes, peering down at Lydia and smiling. He leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss against her lips."Good morning, Angel."

"Morning," Lydia replied gently."I was thinking that we could go out for breakfast and spend the morning together."

"Or we could just lay in bed all day," Kol suggested.

"I would love to do that, but life says otherwise," Lydia sighed."I still need to take Bubbles to the vet. Rebekah already messaged me too. She wants to get our opinion on a theme for the wedding."

"We have not even set a date yet," Kol frowned.

"I know, but she wants the theme to be involved in the engagement party too," She reminded him."Plus, I have to tell Elena about the engagement. And Rae. And Stefan and hope that none of them want to take over the wedding planning because Rebekah will fight them. She said to be ready sometime in the afternoon, but she wanted to meet with some wedding planners first."

Kol opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it, his mind wandering someone else. His brothers wanted the party to happen in New Orleans. He didn't know if they would tell Rebekah that, so Kol figured now would be a good time to try and convince Lydia to have the party there.