☆ 6.18 ~ main thing

it's time to go, take it nice and slow
tiptoe to the bedroom, lookin' at me like when it's cold you gon' keep me warm
all i wanna do is spend my time with you
even when the learning's done and nothing's new
~ ariana grande, main thing

15 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: should i bring in freya, hope, josie, lizzie, and hayley? i have a way to do it since there will be a time jump soon and i can make it all happen without having to go into too much detail. but in this story everything's happy and seasons 4-5 of the originals don't really happen/don't happen how they play out.

Lydia felt like she had to force her eyelids to open when she woke up, as if someone had glued them shut in her sleep. She wanted to close them again once she opened them and go back to sleep. But she couldn't. The room was way too bright. The curtains weren't closed so the sun filled the room and shined directly in her eyes. She didn't want to get out of the bed and close it. Under the covers was warm and cozy. She could feel Kol's arms wrapped around her and she didn't want to wake him up either.

She let out a small sigh and glanced at the clock on her nightstand, seeing that it was a little after one already.

"Hmm, morning, Angel," Kol mumbled tiredly. She turned her head over to face him again, seeing him rubbing at his eyes tiredly.

"Try afternoon," Lydia replied, sighing again and leaning back against her pillows."I thought vampires didn't get hung over."

"Our bodies still need time to heal, it'll pass soon," Kol assured her."Perhaps we drank a bit too much."

"What's the last thing you remember?" Lydia asked tiredly. It would take a moment for her to remember what happened the previous night, which meant she must've drank way too much."

"You talking to Nik and I about a surprise for us," Kol said."As a prize for winning."

Lydia squinted her eyes at Kol, trying to remember what she offered them. Then trying to think about what she would offer them."Did I follow through on a surprise?"

"You tell me," He replied, not having a clue what it was either.

Lydia frowned as she thought about it. She wondered what it could've been, but thought that Klaus might know, so she made a mental note to ask him about it later whenever she saw him.

"Hmm, I just wanna lay in bed with you all day," She mumbled tiredly.

"As wonderful as that sounds, and as much as I hate that I'm the one to remind you of this, we have dinner with your siblings," Kol responded, causing Lydia to groan. They had been planning the dinner forever, and Lydia didn't want to cancel. She didn't think she'd be able to convince Kol to agree a second time.

"Ugh," Lydia huffed."Right. I'm gonna go shower."

Lydia had to gather all of the strength within her to push the covers off of her and step out of the bed. She made her way over the bathroom before looking back at Kol, noticing that he had closed his eyes and put his head back on the pillow. Lydia smiled softly before she placed her hand on the handle to open the door, but when she did, she noticed something on her finger. She couldn't tell what it was, it looked like ink from a pen or a marker. She raised her hand to look at it and once she saw what it was, her eyes instantly widened.

"Uh, Kol, I think I know what my idea was. . ." Lydia turned around slowly to face him. He opened his eyes and raised his head up so that he could look at her. She held up her hand to show him, spreading her fingers apart."Look!"

"Darling, I don't see anything," Kol shook his head slowly. Lydia sighed and made her way over to Kol, sitting down at the edge of the bed and showing him her fingers.