☆ 1.24 ~ use somebody

TW: sharing of a sexual assault/rape experience if you don't feel comfortable please don't. i'll put a warning right before the scene so you can stop then if you just don't wanna read that scene and i'll say when it ends too or message and i can tell you about the charter

you know that i could use somebody
someone like you and all you know and how you speak
~ kings of leon, use somebody

 i'll put a warning right before the scene so you can stop then if you just don't wanna read that scene and i'll say when it ends too or message and i can tell you about the charter•you know that i could use somebodysomeone like you and all you kn...

Lydia couldn't help but feel nervous as she walked down the sidewalk in the warm sun with the rather cold wind brushing against her face. She had this sinking feeling in her stomach ever since she woke up this morning and it hadn't gone away since. Lydia had a hard time processing what Elijah told her the other day. In all honesty, she had ignored it and hoped that he got it wrong. It still didn't make any sense to her. She understood that her "powers" had been stopped by the herbs she had been given since she was a child, but even with that knowledge she didn't understand. She felt human. She didn't feel any different from all the people they passed as they walked, but she was. The only person she wasn't different from was Kol. He was the only one who wasn't human either. He was also the only one who made her feel less nervous, the only reason she wasn't entirely freaking out at what she was about to learn about herself.

The past few days had been amazing for her. They spent their time going to see different parts of the city. Kol took her to every place he knew and as they discussed, she did in fact buy a new wardrobe. Each moment they spent together, Lydia found herself growing closer and closer to Kol. She always learned something new about him, about his past. Now, it was time to learn about hers.

"So how exactly do you know this person?" Lydia wondered aloud, squeezing Kol's hand gently as they turned a corner.

"I have an admiration for witches," Kol answered simply."Since I once was one. When I was not with my family, I was often with a coven of witches."

"That's not what I mean," Lydia clarified though she was interested in knowing more about witches and would definitely have questions for him later."If you were daggered for one hundred years, aren't they dead? Or really really old if they were young when you met?"

"This witch, last I saw of her, was using her magic to stall her aging," Kol explained with a slight chuckle."Besides, it is a coven, darling. Even if she is dead, there will be others willing to help."

"Why would they help someone they don't know?" Lydia asked. She didn't see why any of them would want to help her discover more about who she was. Unless they were doing it because it was a favour for Kol.

"Psychics and witches often run in the same circle," Kol answered for her."They are all for protecting the balance of nature. Though your kind is much more rare, I have never met one myself. They will help you, I will make sure of it."

"Please don't threaten them," Lydia sighed. She didn't want anyone to be forced to help her."You know, offering to threaten or kill or hurt someone for me isn't as romantic as it sounds."