☆ 4.22 ~ count on me

you'll always have my shoulder when you cry
i'll never let go, never say goodbye
you know
~ bruno mars, count on me

you'll always have my shoulder when you cryi'll never let go, never say goodbyeyou know~ bruno mars, count on me

Lydia was certain that she had never experienced this type of boredom in a while. It was the type of boredom that she used to experience back when she was in school. When winter break was almost over. When Christmas and New Years both came and went and there was nothing to look forward to. She hadn't done much the past week. Rae and Rebekah were usually together since they just started dating. Elena had come over a few times and Kol. . .

He followed through on his promise to talk to Lydia as much as they could. They video chatted in the morning and at night. Throughout the day, Kol sent her a thousand text messages about how his brothers were bugging him. It wasn't the same as having him with her. She knew that he hadn't been gone long, but they had only been back together for a few hours before he left. Right before that, they hadn't seen each other and months and Lydia hadn't been with him for half a year. Kol promised that things were looking better and the engagement party was set for next week. It was soon, but it was already January and the wedding would be in May so it did make sense. Then, Lydia would get to go down to New Orleans.

That was a week from now. It didn't solve her boredom today. She found herself wishing that something interesting would happen. She would rather be dealing with some magical threat then sitting here, but if the situation were reversed, she would probably be saying the opposite. This was the first time in a while that she had just for herself and at first, it was nice. She worked on some designs that she had been thinking about for a while, caught up on some of her favourite shows, and read some books. By now, she was bored. And hungry.

Lydia had grown bored of take out and decided to cook something for herself. What in her mind told her to make lasagna, Lydia didn't know. She could barely boil pasta. But she found a recipe online and it couldn't be that hard to follow, right?

Wrong. It didn't take much for Lydia to realize that something was already wrong. She had decided to make her own pasta since the ingredients and machine were already in the kitchen, but after over an hour, all she had was stringy dough that was falling apart and flour covered on her face and hands.

"What are you even trying to make?" A voice that Lydia hadn't heard in a long time spoke. Her eyes widened instantly and she stepped away from the counter.

"Stefan!" Lydia exclaimed, running forward and throwing her arms around Stefan. She hadn't seen Stefan in months. Not since he dropped her off at college. They kept in touch for the first little while, but since Lydia was busy with class and Stefan was traveling, it was hard."What are you doing here?"

"Well, a lot changed around here and I thought I'd come check it out," Stefan shrugged his shoulders."Matt's a vampire. You're engaged, you're disrespecting pasta. I'm guessing that's what you were trying to make?"