☆ 5.26 ~ miss movin' on

everything is changing and i never wanna go back to the way it was (the way it was)
i'm finding who i am and who i am from here on out is gonna be enough
~ fifth harmony, miss movin' on

everything is changing and i never wanna go back to the way it was (the way it was)i'm finding who i am and who i am from here on out is gonna be enough~ fifth harmony, miss movin' on

25 comments until next update
question of the post: if you could be friends with one character from the vampire diaries/the originals who would you want to be friends with?

Lydia thought that returning to her apartment in New York would trigger something in her. She spent the last few weeks trying to avoid everything that reminded her of what she did while her humanity was off. But when she stepped out of the elevator and onto her main floor, she didn't feel any different. Everything still felt okay. It had been a hectic last few days, with Lydia and Caroline trying to rush through some last minute preparations for the party. She wasn't able to make it, but Lydia didn't come alone.

"You okay?" Lydia's thoughts were interrupted as she felt a hand slip into here, squeezing it reassuringly causing Lydia to smile.

She turned to face Stefan, nodding her head and leaning forward, wrapping her arms around his neck."I am. Thank you. By the way. For coming with me. And for coming to the party, which I know you'll hate."

"Well, what are boyfriends for, if not for you to hold at your side at an event like an accessory?" Stefan asked sarcastically.

"I didn't realize you were capable of making jokes, Stefan," Lydia laughed.

"It's a skill of mine that not many know about," He nodded his head once, smiling once he heard her giggle and saw her pull away from him."Are you sure being here isn't weird for you?"

Lydia shook her head and shrugged."No. Not really. I thought it would be. But I honestly didn't spend much time in this place. I was busy working, remember?"

"Well, according to the news article you-" Stefan began, but Lydia just widened her eyes a bit, shaking her head and laughing before pushing Stefan jokingly.

"Don't even go there," Lydia laughed."Okay, I have to go run some errands, pick up my dress, make sure everything is set for tomorrow, but I'll be back in a few hours. And we can go to dinner then, or something. You're free to do. . . What exactly do you like to do?"

Stefan chuckled a bit at her question, watching her furrow her brow and purse her lips in thought."I'll see you later, Lia."

Lydia quickly smiled, leaning forward and quickly pressing a kiss against his lips before she hurried off to plan for the rest of the evening.

Rae tapped her finger nervously against the round marble tabletop before her, staring at her laptop screen in front of her, as if that was going to magically make words appear on her screen. She hated this part of the application process. Writing a personal statement. She never knew what to write. She felt like she needed some dramatic life event that occurred that made her want to go to culinary school. She didn't have one. She just loved it. But she didn't want to talk about how it came naturally to her. She didn't want to risk seeming arrogant. She thought that sitting in a cafe might help, and so she went to the one where Lydia once worked. She thought the smell of baked goods would help her. But it didn't. So, she called for backup.