☆ 5.30 ~ darling

i have a place that reminds me of us no not much was said there but for me that was enough
i like to remember what it was to be at your side
no, not in body but in spirit and in my mind
~ rothwell, darling

i have a place that reminds me of us no not much was said there but for me that was enoughi like to remember what it was to be at your sideno, not in body but in spirit and in my mind~ rothwell, darling

30 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: this might sound odd but i talk about it more in the note at the end. why don't you ship klaus and lydia?
(was very popular the first time i published this book, it's not my intention for you to ship them i'm just curious about the change)

It had been over a month since Lydia last saw a Mikaelson. She went out of her way to avoid all of them. She blocked their numbers, and would leave the area if she saw Rebekah. She even blocked Elijah's number, but she let him know before she did. He understood. He said that he would reach out to Rae if he really needed to get in touch with her. It was better that way. For her and for those around her. Sometimes she worried that something were to happen and she wouldn't know, but she tried not to think about that. They knew where she lived, if they wanted to see her, they still could. She just hoped that they wouldn't want to.

But the fact that they didn't meant that Lydia had one month of peace. It was nice in a way that she didn't expect. She didn't have to worry about supernatural threats or about anything really. Her days were normal. They were good. She would wake up after a good rest, have breakfast, head off to class, then have lunch with her friends, complete her work, and go out with Stefan. Sometimes it was a bit boring, but she liked that. It was much better than experiencing more traumatic moments every time she stepped out her front door.

"Lydia, are you even paying attention?" Caroline said from in front of her, causing Lydia to be pulled from her thoughts.

"Yes, I most definitely am," Lydia nodded her head quickly, even though she had no idea what Caroline had just said. They were all sitting at the dining table in Lydia's and Rae's house. Apparently Rae had been given some assignment and she wanted to practice. So they invited Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie over for dinner.

"Really? What did she say?" Elena asked with a small laugh, watching as Lydia opened her mouth to respond, but she couldn't figure out what to say.

"Sorry, Care," Lydia apologized."It wasn't that what you said was boring. Because I honestly have no idea what you were saying."

"I was saying that we should all go to the fall festival in the town over this weekend," Caroline repeated."It seems like a lot of fun."

"Yeah, it does," Bonnie agreed, taking a sip of the wine from her glass after picking it up by the stem."It'll give us something to do."

"I can't, I have to fly out to New York for a board meeting," Lydia said with a small shrug. She was on fall break so she figured now would be a good time to go.

"Want me to go with you?" Caroline offered, but Lydia just shook her head.

"No, it's just gonna be boring and stuffy," Lydia declined her offer."And I'm leaving early Saturday morning. Be back Sunday. Maybe late Saturday after it's over."