☆ 3.10 ~ carry you

is anybody out there? can you lead me to the light?
is anybody out there? tell me it'll all be alright
you are not alone i've been here the whole time singing you a song
~ fleurie and ruelle, carry you

is anybody out there? can you lead me to the light?is anybody out there? tell me it'll all be alrightyou are not alone i've been here the whole time singing you a song~ fleurie and ruelle, carry you

Lydia found herself pushing through a set of heavy wooden doors and into a dimly lit foyer. It was an older building, lined with stone walls and had black candle holders starched to it. Lydia recognized it instantly because she had dubbed it "Count Dracula's Mansion" last time she was here. But she couldn't be bothered with that at the moment. This place still definitely gave her the creeps but her focus was on finding Kol.

Lydia slowly made her way down the hallway at the opposite end of the room, noticing that there was a scent of blood that grew stronger with each step but that was nothing new. This place always smelt like blood when she was there and at the end of the hallway, Lydia was greeted by a horrific sight. Dead bodies were scattered across the floor, some missing their heads and some with holes in their chests. She knew who some of these people were. The vampires she encountered in London. She knew who killed them too. This was the room where Jones tried to kiss Lydia and Kol returned to end his life.

But Lydia couldn't bring herself to focus on any of them because up ahead, she could see the person she came for. He sat on the blood covered couch, staring down at the ground as he gripped at his hair with his hands. Lydia wondered how long he stayed there for originally. She knew that when Kol returned to their hotel room, he was worried about what Lydia might think of him so she assumed that was still it. He was so lost in thought, he didn't even notice that she came in.

Slowly, Lydia made her way over to him, trying to avoid the bodies and pools of blood. Figuring it was best she didn't sneak up on him, Lydia called out his name softly which instantly sparked a reaction. Kol's head snapped in her direction and he shot up from the couch, staring at Lydia

"Lydia!" Kol sounded worried, glancing around and looking as if there was someway he could clean up this entire mess and make Lydia forget she ever saw it. Kol didn't know she already knew about this. Kol didn't know a lot still. This was months ago, back when they were in the beginning of their relationship. But Lydia couldn't help but feel a little bit happy. Even if he didn't have all his memories, in this moment, Kol knew Lydia. He knew that he loved her. He did love her. It took every part of her to restrain herself from running up and throwing her arms around him."What are you doing here?"

"I came to get you," Lydia answered honestly as she took a step forward.

"No," Kol shook his head, avoiding Lydia's gaze."Return to the hotel. I will be back shortly and I will explain. . . This. Please go."

"No, I'm not going anywhere," Lydia insisted. There was no way she was going to give up so easily."This isn't real. Well it is, but it's not current. This is a memory. You just have to come with me and we can leave here. Together."