☆ 1.28 ~ ease

i've been lyin' to them all i don't need it anymore
don't you worry about me i'll be fine if i can breathe
i've been hidin' for too long taking shit for how I'm wrong
~ troye sivan, ease

Lydia stared down at the yellow rain boots she was pulling over her dark pair of jeans, a type of clothing she hadn't worn in quite a while since the weather in Fiji didn't require it

Lydia stared down at the yellow rain boots she was pulling over her dark pair of jeans, a type of clothing she hadn't worn in quite a while since the weather in Fiji didn't require it. But she was now trading water splashing against her feet as she walked barefoot on the beach for water splashing against her when she accidentally stepped in a puddle on the sidewalk. The temperature change was an odd adjustment, she forgot how cold Mystic Falls was in the winter. She wished that she could've been away for longer, but Rebekah needed help from Kol and so they returned. Kol offered to go back himself and return to her once he was done but Lydia didn't want him to go back by himself. For one, she didn't think she was comfortable enough with being alone, she didn't want him to be alone and she couldn't help but feel worried for him.

The dream that she had about Kol dying hadn't occurred since the one night where she saw him on fire and because it hadn't, Kol and Elvira were both certain that it was nothing. Well, at least that's what Kol said but Lydia didn't know if he just didn't want her to worry. The dream still made her feel uneasy when she thought about it. She didn't know if it was real or not but there was no way in hell she was letting Kol go anywhere near her childhood house. Luckily, today he was only going to the school to meet his sister so she didn't have to worry. He assured her he wouldn't go near her former house, but Lydia was sure it was just to ease her mind.

It was odd returning to Kol's home since Elijah was gone, Rebekah wasn't living there anymore and Klaus was out so Lydia hadn't seen him yet. It was almost sad, it was such a large house built for a family but no one was really ever there. That didn't seem to bother Kol though, he seemed rather glad that he didn't have to worry about being dragged into drama by his brothers.

"I will return in a few hours," Kol informed her from over by his dresser, shrugging on a dark green coat as he walked over to Lydia."Will you need a lift back?"

"Rae will drop me back off," Lydia answered with a slight nod of her head. Since Kol was going to be out, Lydia figured it would be a great time to catch up with Rae who she hadn't seen in almost three months.

Kol nodded his head as Lydia stood up from the bed, leaning forward and kissing her lips sweetly. The past few months had been good for them, it was now nearing the end of January which put their trip at about three months long and Lydia couldn't have been happier. They had gotten much closer and both learned more things about their pasts, they also both opened up to each other more and Lydia couldn't wait until they could get back to it just being the two of them. They had only returned the previous night and now that it was morning, they had to return to their drama filled lives.

"Be careful," Kol mumbled against her lips.

"You're the one who needs to be careful," Lydia reminded him."You're picking something up for your sister and then going to meet her to deal with something supernatural. I'm just going to the Grill."