☆ 2.6 ~ everything happens for a reason

trigger warning: discussion of past physical/verbal abuse
can't get no relief time moves on with the seasons
but i still can't find a reason you'd wanna hurt me so bad and what in the world did i do to deserve such a pain in my heart?
~ madison beer, everything happens for a reason

trigger warning: discussion of past physical/verbal abusecan't get no relief time moves on with the seasonsbut i still can't find a reason you'd wanna hurt me so bad and what in the world did i do to deserve such a pain in my heart?~ madison beer,...

The next morning, Lydia awoke to a pounding headache, feeling like her brain was about to jump out of her skull. Her eyes felt like they had been glued shut as she sat up in her spot, glancing around the room. It was dark inside since the curtains were drawn but the clock on the nightstand told her that it was a little bit past one in the afternoon. She noticed that Kol wasn't by her side which wasn't surprising, he tended to wake up later than her but not this late. She assumed the only reason she sleeper this late was because she was tired from her night of drinking of which she only remembered bits and pieces.

"Look who is finally awake," Kol's accent rang out through the room, causing Lydia to glance over in his direction. She saw him leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed in front of his chest. His amused grin instantly dropped as he got a better look at her face. She looked rather pale and tired, which would to be expected if she wasn't a vampire.

Lydia sighed and stood up from the bed, but almost immediately her legs gave out beneath her. In a flash, Kol instantly moved by her side, grabbing her before she hit the ground and pushing her back onto the bed.

"Lydia, what's wrong?" Kol immediately asked, knowing fully well that vampires didn't pass out for no reason. She couldn't get sick. He knew the reason for this, but since he hadn't found a way to save her yet, he tried not to panic so that Lydia wouldn't worry.

"I-I don't know," Lydia whispered shakily, not knowing what was quite wrong with her but she felt weak and sick. It wasn't just a bad hangover though, this felt different.

"When was the last time you had any blood?" Kol asked curiously, watching as Lydia frowned and tried to think about it. Even before Lydia was a vampire, Kol noticed that Lydia definitely ate less than she should have when she was anxious which was often. As a vampire, Kol noticed that same habit was passed on and since Lydia was having trouble keeping it down, he figured it had been a while since she last had some.

"I think the night I threw it up?" Lydia answered hesitantly, knowing that she should've been drinking more of it but she just didn't feel the urge to. She had gone a few times to get blood from the fridge but whenever she held it in her hand, she felt sick.

"Lydia that was two days ago," Kol exclaimed, raising his voice slightly which made Lydia wince so he softened and lowered his voice. It was difficult to find out what exactly was wrong with Lydia when she wasn't doing what she was suppose to. Perhaps she wouldn't be feeling sick if she drank blood. Or perhaps it was the fact that she felt sick that was keeping her from drinking blood, worsening her condition ."I will get you some. Stay here."