☆ 6.13 ~ i get to love you

i get to love you
it's a promise i'm making to you
whatever may come your heart i will choose
forever i'm yours, forever i do
~ ruelle, i get to love you

comments until the next chapter: 20
question of the chapter: since it's nearing the end and i don't really have any plans, are there any ships from the show you want to be endgame in this story?

We might have to move here.

That was Lydia's first thought when she answered her phone and heard Klaus' voice on the other end. He was being annoying, as usual, complaining about something. Lydia would be bothered, except for the fact that the warm sun, nice weather, and sound of the waves made him just more tolerable. Her and Kol had arrived on the island last night. Today was their first day on the beach. They had been on the beach for a few hours, sitting on two lounge chairs and soaking up the sun. The beach in front of the resort was mostly empty, with the exception of a few people walking down by the water. Lydia was pretty sure some compulsion could explain the lack of people.

Kol had gone back to the bar to get them some drinks and while he was gone, Klaus called Lydia.

"I believe that when you are going to be gone for almost twenty four hours, it is common curtesy to let the people you live with know," Klaus huffed through the phone."It is not as if you were not kidnapped three months ago. Or killed. In our lives, silence means something is wrong. We do not have the luxury of ignoring phone calls."

"I thought Kol told you!" Lydia said in her defence, though she didn't see why she had to defend herself. Though Klaus usually did answer when Lydia called.

"All he did was hand me Bubbles and say that I had to watch him for the next little while, he did not tell me that you two would not be returning for nearly two weeks," Klaus informed her. Which sounded like Kol. But Lydia didn't want to worry when he said he had everything handled, so she didn't.

"Sorry, but we'll be home soon," Lydia assured him."And Bubbles loves you."

Klaus grumbled something about a spoiled fox before he sighed and gave in."I'll call you later."

"I'm sure you will," Lydia leaned her head back and closed her eyes once she put her phone down, taking a deep breath. She didn't know why they didn't go somewhere nice in the prison world instead of staying in Mystic Falls the whole time. She wished Kol would hurry back, having the beach being practically empty was nice when he was around, but now it was beginning to remind her of the prison world. Right now, she couldn't see anyone in her line of vision. Except for if she looked behind her.

"Here you go, darling," Kol smiled at her as he handed her a drink which she accepted."Who was that?"

"Your brother," Lydia answered him before she took a sip of the drink."He sounded annoyed that we left on short notice. But I'm sure he'll get over it."

"He better, I'm sure this will not be the last time you and I decide to leave town," Kol replied bitterly, sitting back down on the chair besides Lydia's.

Lydia shifted up in her chair, flipping her hair over her shoulder and turning to get a better look at Kol. She figured that his relationship with his older brother would've been damaged after Klaus daggered him. She hadn't seen the two interact much, but she only just got back.

"How have things been with Nik?" Lydia asked him.

Kol sighed and shook his head."Not well. Or back to normal I assume. I believe Rae is right. He is never going to change."

"I don't like to say this about people, but I think he needs to date someone," Lydia said."Get his attention away from his family. What happened to the bartender? Camille? Was her name? Maybe then he'll relax a little bit. Or maybe he needs more friends."