☆ 6.12 ~ the way

so if you need it, i got it, i got it everyday
be your lover, your friend, you'll find it all in me
stay by your side, i'll never leave you
said i ain't going nowhere 'cause you're a keeper
~ ariana grande featuring mac miller, the way

20 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: how would you want to see this book end? i realized i never asked or even have a hint as to what i'm planning.

Lydia didn't know why she thought she would get the chance to wake up peacefully, wrapped in her boyfriend's arms in a room that was quiet. With only two people inside of it. She thought that they would laze in bed for a little bit before heading downstairs to get some breakfast and just relax. After dealing with the prison world, she certainly needed it. But her time away made her forget what house she was living in, and what family she was living with.

She woke up to the sound of her drawers being pulled open. Technically they were Kol's, but this was mostly her room too. Most of her stuff was in it and she only went to her room when her or Kol wanted to be alone for a little bit. She lifted her head up to see what was going on, blinking a few times and waiting for her vision to clear. The room was still on the darker side, like the sun would be rising soon. Lydia wasn't expecting to get up for the next few hours, but Klaus had other plans.

"Nik, what the hell are you looking for?" Lydia sighed, rubbing at her eye with her hand. She could see him going through the dresser.

"The datura that you brought from Maxfield's office," Klaus answered without even looking in her direction."You used a bit of it for me to kill you."

"And why do you need it?" Lydia asked tiredly. She knew that it wasn't to be used against her. She didn't know how much she had left, she took his whole supply, not wanting it to fall into the wrong hands. She was pretty sure she destroyed most of it.

"Because it can kill you," He responded quickly."Or make you incredibly ill if it spills. I cleaned up your things after you passed, but I do not remember where I put it. I didn't think it would matter, since you were dead."

"Can't you do this later?" Lydia huffed, glancing at Kol who was still fast asleep. He had wrapped his arms around a pillow when Lydia pulled away from them. She wanted to wake him up to get Klaus to leave, but she didn't want to disturb his sleep. She imagined the last few months were hard on him. If he was anything like her, he hadn't been getting proper rest.

"And risk you getting hurt?" Klaus almost laughed at the thought of it.

"Of course not," She responded sarcastically as she laid back down."Just be quiet."

She figured that she could fall asleep through the noise. She was used to sleeping through Damon blasting music from the 90's and arguing with Bonnie, so she could sleep through this. Or so she thought. Just as she began to drift back off to sleep, a new voice joined them.

"Niklaus, what on earth are you doing?" Elijah demanded of his younger brother. He was walking by the room when he saw the door was open and could see Klaus inside. Lydia knew he meant well, he wanted to get Klaus out, but Klaus had grown quiet and Lydia would've rather had that.

"Where are Kol's clothes?" Klaus asked suddenly, confusing Lydia. She sat back up to see that Klaus had now moved to the closet. Which was about ninety five percent Lydia's clothes. The other five was clothes that belonged to Kol but she used more than he did.

"Kol keeps most of his clothes in the dresser," Lydia explained to him as Klaus turned around to face her.

"You have two closets then?" He raised his eyebrow."No wonder my credit card bill is so high."