🔹𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊🔹

Wei Wuxian could not describe how he felt right now. It had been almost three months since he had felt like these. Warm.

Wei Wuxian walked hand in hand with Lan Wangji to who knows where. He just kept on walking, unable to compose himself from all the bottled up feelings and emotions.

He was finally with Lan Wangji! With Lan Zhan, his husband!

Lan Wangji was dazed. He still could not believe his eyes. Was Wei Ying really back? He could not find the answer.

Wei Wuxian was holding his hand and was taking him somewhere. But his mind was too occupied to know where they were going.

Lan Wangji stared at the back of his husband, who had been no where for the past three months, and finally, he got back to himself.

Wei Wuxian was really back!

Alive!

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji said in a low voice, unable to bring himself to talk louder in case he was dreaming.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Wangji spoke a little louder this time, for Wei Wuxian had not heard him the previous time and waited until the other turned around and answered.

But still, there was no reply.

The figure in front of him kept on walking in a fast pace unaware of the world revolving around him. Unaware that Lan Wangji was calling him.

"Wei Wuxian!" Lan Wangji yelled this time and pulled away his hand hardly from the other's tight grip.

Even if he was dreaming, he still wanted Wei Wuxian to talk to him!

He wanted Wei Wuxian to see him!

He wanted Wei Wuxian!

Wei Wuxian stopped in his tracks at the loud voice and instantly grabbed onto Chenqing, his dizi. He looked around frantically for any danger and was almost about to play Chenqing when he regained his consciousness.

He was with Lan Wangji. His husband has called him!

His heart began to tremble with unspoken sadness and with tear strained eyes, Wei Wuxian turned around.

Turned around to meet his husband's eyes. For the first time in three months!

Despite himself, Wei Wuxian's eyes welled up with tears. His throat was tight and aching, and he couldn't hold them back. Not anymore! For the first time since he had left the Burial Mounds, he let himself weep. Cry his heart out!

His hands trembled slightly, and he knelt down in front of Lan Wangji. He could no more keep his feelings and emotions hidden!

He lost control of his own tears and sobbed, finally letting go of all the pain and anguish he had been carrying. When the tears eventually stopped, he thought he should feel better, but he didn't.

He sobbed again!

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji was soon by him, kneeling beside him and cradling his face in his warm hands.

"La...lan Zhan...!" Wei Wuxian cried his eyes out. He wailed harder. He was in floods with his own tears.

Three months!

It had been three months!

Lan Wangji could not see his husband crying. But he could not help himself either. His tears too came flooding down his cheeks. He had missed this feeling very much.

Missed the feeling of being together with Wei Wuxian!

Missed his sunshine smile!

Missed his warmth!

Missed his love!

Lan Wangji missed Wei Wuxian!

"Wei Ying....!" Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian's face closer to his, plastering their foreheads together, and cried.

He cried.

Wei Wuxian cried.

They cried!

The empty road was filled with nothing but tears of longing and affection. Of true love!

-

Wei Wuxian had fled away from Burial Mounds two months ago and for the last one month, he had been roaming all over the place. Wherever his legs took him to.

He had wanted to go home. To his family. To his Lan Zhan. But he could not. He could not go home.

It wasn't that he didn't know where home was. He remembered it well – the warm wooden paths, the scent of the lotus flowers, the way the sun glinted off the ripples on the lake. He remembered.

He even remembered the way to Cloud Recesses. To Jingshi. To that sandalwood scent of his husband.

But he could not!

Home didn't exist anymore, for him. He was covered in blood and littered with bodies. He was filled with evil and hatred. He was dead.

He did want to stain his family with his evil. He was dead and so was his home.

What had emerged from the Burial Mounds hadn't been anything like human. He knew that much. Whatever he had been, whoever he had been, before his stay there – that was gone forever now.

He had dreamt

He had dreamt of Lotus Pier and Cloud Recesses. How. He had lived and had been loved there. But they were all gone.

To the world, he was dead and so be it! H ejad thought.

Wei Wuxian had dreamt of a lonely mountain, of agony that threatened to consume him, of emptiness that did.

He had dreamt of the dark, of the voices that asked if he wanted revenge, of the ice-cold feeling of resentful energy in his veins, of the taste of blood in his mouth.

He had dreamt of men screaming, of corpses emerging from their graves, of death and destruction and glory.

He couldn't go home, his heart had clenched tightly at that thought.

He couldn't go home, but he couldn't bring himself to stay away.

Home, for him, didn't exist anymore. But it did still exist for others. He ventured close sometimes, close enough to hear the voices, close enough to hear the news of pregnancy, close enough to hear that he was going to be a father. It made him ache inside, made the hollow place in his chest threaten to swallow him whole. There were days and nights – especially nights – when he was desperate to go inside, but he never did.

It wasn't his home anymore. There was nothing left for him there.

Neither Cloud Recesses nor Lotus Pier would welcome him. Not for who he was and not anymore!

So he roamed the countryside instead, although he never stayed too far away.

He couldn't go home, but he could still protect it.

He had not wanted to appear in Koi Tower earlier today. He should not have done that. But he just could nit bring himself to allow that Jin bastard to force his husband to do something that he would never do. He just could not stand his husband to be looked down on!

Before he could have had even a little considering, his mind had screamed to kill. And he had acted on rage!

He do not regret it. Meanwhile, he could not dwell on this either!

He was evil. And he could not let Lan Wangji associate with evil. Not with him!

But he had promised that he would return and he just wanted to return!