🔹𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔🔹

Starting from the end of Lotus Pier, after just a while of paddling, one will see a large lotus lake, more than a hundred miles in length. The wide, verdant leaves and the smooth, pink blossoms brush shoulders against one another. As a breeze blows over, the petals and the leaves sway as if nodding their heads. Amid the purity and grace, one can also feel a naïve sense of clumsiness. Unlike the other clans' residences, shutting their doors and refusing to let commoners come within a boundary miles away, the docks in front of Lotus Pier's entrance often bustle with vendors selling seed pods, water chestnuts and all kinds of pastries. Runny-nosed children from households nearby also sneak into Lotus Pier's fields to watch cultivators practice their swords. Upon getting caught, instead of being scolded, they sometimes even play with the Jiang Clan's disciples.

The pier in front of the front gates of the Lotus Docks were brightly lit, causing the water to shimmer as it reflected the light. In the past, this pier rarely had the opportunity to amass so many boats of varying sizes. Not only were the front gate guards gawking, so were the old men in the vendor stalls who were selling midnight snacks.

Jiang Cheng was the first one to get off the boat followed by Jiang Yanli.

"Young Master Jiang, Maiden Jiang, you are back!" The commoners began cheering.

They bowed down to Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli showing their respect. The siblings too returned their bow with the similar respect and turned around, when they heard Wei Wuxian's voice.

"It feels good to be back!" He exclaimed.

"Young Master Wei!", "Shi-Xiong!" More noise came from the crowd for Wei Wuxian alone unlike earlier. Jiang Cheng scoffed.

Wei Wuxian waved to everyone, very friendly. He did not bow down nor did he want to anyone else to bow down to him. He liked this way more.

"I have got to introduce someone to all of you." He yelled, for the whole crowd to hear.

"Huh? Who is it?" An old man asked.

"Uncle, did you not get any news about me? That's strange!" Wei Wuxian said. Then he turned around and extended his hand, "Lan Zhan, come out."

Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian's hand and stepped out of the boat. Mutters and whispers soon filled the area.

The person that stood in front was quite tall. His skin was fair and his hair was black and long, certain amount of strands out to either side of him. The lines which outlined his waist and back were smooth, graceful yet holding strength. In simpler terms, he was a beauty. A natural beauty!

"Who is this?" A young lady questioned but before Wei Wuxian could answer, an old man beat him to it.

"He must be some one from Gusu!"

The Gusu Lan Sect had always been known for nurturing a lot of handsome men, especially the two jades of the clan's current generation. Even though the two were not twins, they looked extremely similar to each other, which made it difficult to tell who was the superior one. Yet, although their appearances were similar, their personalities were not. Lan XiChen was gentle and benevolent, while Lan WangJi was overly aloof and stern, keeping everyone at an arm's length and being the opposite of amiable. This was why, in the list of the best-looking young masters in the cultivation world, the former ranked first, and the latter ranked second.

Now looking carefully at the one standing in front of them, it was evident that it was none other than Lan Wangji, Second Sect heir of the Lan's.

"It's Lan Wangji!" A young man recognized.

"No wonder, he seems to be coming from a high clan!"

"He looks very handsome!"

"He is just my type!"

"Hey, hey!" Wei Wuxian interrupted, holding Lan Wangji's hand and standing side by side. He pointed at the young maiden who had just staid that Lan Wangji was her type, "You cannot say such things again. Don't even dare to!" Then he turned around to everyone and announced, "This is Lan Wangji, Second Master Lan. My husband!"

"What?!"

"You gotta be kidding me!"

"You are married?!"

"This is unfair! Two handsome male married to each other!"

Wei Wuxian laughed at their comments and reactions. Lan Wangji just stood by him, not yet accustomed to being the centre of attention and to such loud noises. He clutched Wei Wuxian's hand tighter.

"Young Master Wei, when did you get married?" An old woman questioned.

"A month ago." Wei Wuxian replied, smiling.

"But, how?" They were all confused and nodded their head in confusion.

Wei Wuxian was almost about to begin his long story when Jiang Yanli interrupted, "Everyone, please excuse us. Mother and father will be waiting for us and we have to go and meet them. A-Xian will tell you the story some other day when he finds time." She then turned around to her siblings and the disciples and said, "Let's get going."

Jiang Yanli gave a kind smile to everyone and soon took away her brothers and the disciples away from the crowd.

"Young Master Wei, you should bring your husband here soon." The crowd called behind them.

"Of course, I will." Wei Wuxian yelled back, turning around and laughing, feeling the warmth of Yunmeng radiating into him already.

"Wei Wuxian, you better not take Lan Wangji to the docks and ruin his name too, along with yours." Jiang Cheng spat.

"Jiang Cheng, are you jealous?" Wei Wuxian asked for which Lan Wangji raised his brows in confusion.

"Why would I be jealous? Marrying a Lan is just like being buried alive. I'd rather kill myself than marry a monk!"

"Jiang Wangyin!" Wei Wuxian yelled, fuming.

"Wei Ying, calm down." Lan Wangji said beside him. They were in public and it would seem bad if they had a fight!

"A-Cheng!" Jiang Yanli cried.

"Jie, did I say anything wrong?"

"Jiang Wangyin, you better apologise to Lan Zhan now!" Wei Wuxian roared.

"What would you do if I do not apologise?" Jiang Cheng was ready for a fight.

"Enough both of you!" Jiang Yanli intertwined. "Both of you, apologise to each other. Now!"

"Jie, what did I do?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Wei Ying, apologise." Lan Wangji said, instead.

Wei Wuxian looked beside him at Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji pleaded him to apologize through his eyes and Wei Wuxian gave in. He knew that Lan Wangji did not want to have a problem as soon as they arrived just because of him. And if it reached Madam Yu's ears, it would cause more trouble. He sighed, trying to calm himself down. Taking deep breaths in, he finally said,

"Jiang Cheng, I am sorry."

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. It did not seem like he would either apologise or would forgive him.

"A-Cheng, A-Xian said sorry!" Jiang Yanli hissed.

Lan Wangji had never seen this side of Jiang Yanli. She had always been kind and compassionate, loving every soul and being. But now that he thought back, if it weren't for Jiang Yanli, the two prides of Yunmeng would always be fighting.

Jiang Cheng knew that it was not easy to calm his sister if she got angry. She was worser than his mother. So finally, letting down his pride, he muttered,

"I am sorry too." It did not seem sincere but Lan Wangji did not seem to care.

"Wangji, I am sorry for his words. I know that A-Xian is very happy with you." Jiang Yanli said.

"Shijie, you do not have to say sorry. I did not mind his words." Lan Wangji said.

Jiang Yanli gave him an apologetic smile and a stern look at her brother. "Let's go." She said, finally.

Wei Wuxian held Lan Wangji's hand and walked wordlessly, following his sister. There was something strange in him but Lan Wangji decided to talk of it later.