🔹𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊🔹

Wei Wuxian could not sleep for much longer. The thought that Wen Chao would be here any time, haunted him.

He pulled himself away from Lan Wangji who was sleeping beside him, peacefully. He took his red ribbon that lay around the corner and tied it around Lan Wangji's leg, to secure his bandage. He then tied up Lan Wangji's robes properly and tucked him in the blanket.

Wei Wuxian got out from the bed and slowly peeked through the door, only to see two Wen guards standing outside. It was good that they had used silence talisman on the room or the guards would have heard them earlier.

Wei Wuxian hopped back into the room and racked his brain for a solution. He knew that Wen Chao would come here to execute his plan on Lan Wangji. He knew that Wen Chao would be here anytime now. And he did not want that to happen. He did not want Wen Chao to come closer to his husband.

Lan Wangji was sleeping right now but that doesn't mean, he wouldn't wake up. And if Lan Wangji woke up, he would ne let Wei Wuxian do any thing defensive as it would bring them more problem. Wei Wuxian knew that he was running out of time. He knew that he had to come up with an idea sooner.

Wei Wuxian did not know how long it had passed but finally, he came up with an idea. He drew a talisman array on the thin air, which he had invented long time ago, just to protect himself during the night hunts, and put it on Lan Wangji using his spiritual energy.

This array, which he created, would detect any danger that was within the radius of one meter. And no one could surpass this array and reach to Lan Wangji if they had any ill intentions and this Lan Wangji could be safe. But, it had a small issue and that was this talisman would only he effective for seventy two hours since the moment it was activated and Wei Wuxian knew that this talisman could only save Lan Wangji for the next three days from Wen Chao. And he had yet to figure out how he would protect Lan Wangji later for he could not use this talisman every time as it would drain out his energy.

The talisman was invisible so even Lan Wangji would not know that he was under the protection array. Wei Wuxian was very grateful to himself for having created such a talisman and that it had come in handy to save his husband.

One problem solved, another problem arose. And that was, once again, Wen Chao. If Wen Chao entered the room, even if he could not pay his disgusting hands on Lan Wangji, it would bring disgrace to Lan Wangji's reputation if the word gets out that Lan Wangji had spent time in the same room as Wen Chao. And even if rumours do not spread, Wei Wuxian was sure as hell that Wen Chao spread the rumour himself just to dishonour Lan Wangji. He would not let that happen and the only solution for it was, Wei Wuxian should not let Wen Chao enter the room.

But how was that possible?!

Wei Wuxian was so confused that he did not know what he was supposed to do. He looked over at Lan Wangji who was in a deep slumber and looking at that beautiful face of his husband, Wei Wuxian broke. He cannot let any harm come upon his dear husband!

Quite confused, Wei Wuxian sat there, racking his brain for a heavenly solution.

His deep thoughts were disturbed by the knock on the door.

"Lan Wangji," Came Wen Chao's voice.

Instantly, Wei Wuxian stood up, on guard. He knew that he was too late and Wen Chao had arrived already. He was very sure that Wen Chao would not let him go if he found him in the room of Lan Wangji. Wei Wuxian did not mind the danger on himself but he could not let his husband in. He had to save him at any cost.

"Lan Wangji, open the door before I barge in!" Wen Chao yelled.

Lan Wangji seemed to be still in the deep sleep and Wei Wuxian did not want it to he disturbed. He soon took out his paper-man talisman and transferred some of his spiritual energy to it. He sent a message to Jiang Cheng.

'Please keep Lan Zhan safe for me. Please, take this as my final words.'

Just when he was done with sending the message, Wen Chao kicked the door open.

"Lan..." Wen Chao was dumbstruck to see Wei Wuxian there. "Wei Wuxian, what the hell are you doing here!"

Wei Wuxian inhaled sharply. It wasn't as if he was afraid of Wen Chao but he was just afraid of Lan Wangji's safety. He glanced back at Lan Wangji and tried to maintain his calm demeanour.

"I am his husband. So, naturally, I would be here."

"Who let you in?!" Wen Chao barked.

"Why are you so loud? How about we speak outside?"

"How dare you order me around?"

"I don't think you would want your father to know what you have done, right?" Wei Wuxian knew that he was speaking non sense but he had heard that Wen Chao was afraid of his father.

"What... What did I do?" Wen Chao stuttered.

"Do you not know?" Wei Wuxian asked. He himself did not know what he was speaking.

"What... What are you talking about?"

Seemed like, Wen Chao had done so many things behind his father's back.

"Let's go out?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Finally, Wen Chao nodded. Wei Wuxian followed Wen Chao out the door, glancing at Lan Wangji for one last time, his peaceful face engraved in his mind, he muttered, "Good bye, Lan Zhan."

For he knew, walking out the door, death awaited him.