🔹𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗🔹

Lady Yu's mocking words from earlier actually turned out to be a prophecy – every day during their 'education' at Qishan, they only received meager fares. All the rations that Jiang YanLi had given them had been taken away. None of the Xianmen juniors had ever fasted before, so their suffering was undeniable.

Wen Chao's so-called 'enlightenment' was just him standing somewhere high in front of everyone while giving the same old tired speech. He would 'request' that everyone cheer for him in unison and go on and on about how they should use his every word and action as an example of model behavior.

When it was time for a night hunt, he would bring youths from several clans and urge them to run ahead in front of him to open up paths and attract the attention of whatever they were after. He would make the juniors fight with all their might, then come in at the last second, when the creature was already on its deathbed, to behead it. Then he would leave and brag about how he did it all by himself.

If there was a particularly pretty person, he would pick them out specifically to scold them in front of everybody else, reprimanding them for being worse than a dog.

Two years ago, at the QishanWen sect's great conference, Wen Chao and Wei WuXian entered the same arena for the archery contest. He was utterly convinced that he would come out ahead, because in his mind, it was only natural that the other participants would move out of the way for him. However, out of the first three arrows that he had fired, one hit nothing, the other hit the wrong paper person, and only one hit the correct target. He should have left the stage, but he stubbornly refused to leave, and everyone else was too embarrassed to correct him. After the final scores were counted, four others came out ahead of him: Wei WuXian, Lan XiChen, Jin ZiXuan, and Lan WangJi. Even though Lan WangJi had left the stage prematurely, his scores were still better than Wen Chao's.

Wen Chao lost a lot of face, so he had always hated these four people with a passion. Since Lan XiChen wasn't able to come, Wen Chao focused his hate on the remaining three, insulting them day after day. It wasn't pretty.

The most sullen one was Jin ZiXuan. He had a very sheltered upbringing, clasped between the hollows of his parents' palms ever since he was small. He had never received this kind of humiliation before. If it wasn't for the other LanlinJin sect juniors holding him back, as well as Wen ZhuLiu's malevolent presence, Jin ZiXuan would have rushed up on stage the first day and taken down Wen Chao, even at the cost of his own life. Lan WangJi was quite at peace with himself, so he ignored everything. It was almost like he had no spirit to begin with. Wei WuXian had already lived through years of Lady Yu's scolding back at the Lotus Docks, so he attached no importance to Wen Chao's words. He even smiled and laughed after Wen Chao was done insulting him.

Wei Wuxian did not seem. To be bothered by any of this. All that worried him was, Lan Wangji! Ever since he had come here, he had not hit an opportunity to talk to Lan Wangji. He had tried his, best but none of it had worked.

Every time he had been a little closer to Lan Wangji, Lan Wangji had seemed as if he wanted to be closer to him. There were pain and sadness in it. Wei Wuxian wanted to know what was wrong, but unfortunately, he could not!

Wei Wuxian had already arrived in Qishan and it had been more than a week already and he was more than glad to meet hid husband there. But it did make him furious to see his husband limping and his blood boiled in anger. If it weren't for Jiang Cheng who held him in place, he would have murdered that Wen Chao already. 

Wei Wuxian had tried his best to speak to his husband but nothing had succeeded. It had only made Wen Chao more furious who had thrown him into the dungeon with a wolf in it. And that was how he got all wounded and ended up on the roof, for fresh air and to get that beast out of his mind.