🔹𝕿𝖜𝖔🔹

The main hall was crowded as he was informed earlier. He took heavy steps into the hall, standing at the farthest corner, trying to be invisible as much as he could although he was the centre of the attention.

Lan Wangji, being the most disciplined young cultivator ever, was kneeling in the middle, his eyes down casted and head hanging low. Wei Wuxian inhaled sharply, looking at the despondent look on Lan Wangji's face. He could see how Lan Wangji's shoulders were sunk down. Although all of the clans in the cultivation world used extravagant words to describe the Gusu Lan Clan's uniform as the best-looking uniform and Lan Wangji as an incomparable beauty who only appeared once in a blue moon, nothing could help the bitter facial expression that made him look as though his wife had passed away and Wei Wuxian did not fail to miss it. He knew that the image of Lan Wangji right now would be engraved in his mind forever!

Wei Wuxian could feel Madam Yu's piercing eyes on him, sending him shivers down his spine. He inched closer to Jiang Cheng, wanting to bury himself deep in the grounds.

"Wei Wuxian." Lan Qiren called out. Despite his best attempts sound calm and collected, Wei Wuxian still heard a hint of anger in it.

"Master." Wei Wuxian bowed, trying to be obedient as much as he could.

It seemed, only then, Lan Wangji had realized his presence for he whipped his head around to look at him. Their eyes met for a second and it was Wei Wuxian who pulled away his gaze first. Wei Wuxian saw the Lan Wangji turn around his head too, going back to his initial position.

"Do you know the consequences of your actions Lan Qiren asked, clenching his fists in mere anger.

"I..." Wei Wuxian was loss for words. What was he supposed to say anyways?!

Lan Qiren did not wait for his answer and continued, "Ever since you arrived to Cloud Recesses in the name of attending lectures, you have done nothing but stir up trouble! Not a single day had you behaved properly and did this or that to bring chaos. I tolerated you just for the sake of Sect Leader Jiang but now... I will not tolerate it anymore! I have had enough of your nonsense! Today, under the presence of your Clan members, I announce that you will be whipped 300 times for tarnishing Lan Wangji's reputation and for all the trouble that you have caused us since arriving!"

"Shufu!" Lan Wangji yelled.

Lan Xichen had seen this coming so he just closed his shut, helpless.

"Wangji!" Lan Qiren yelled back. "You better keep quiet. It's enough of defending him. He should know that we Lan's don't tolerate such things simply! He should know that we Lan's don't tolerate such shameless behaviour!"

"Shufu, it wasn't his fault. I was the one who tied it around him. We were choiceless and his life was at stake. I..."

"Silence!" Lan Qiren yelled totally forgetting that shouting was prohibited.

Wei Wuxian clenched his eyes shut by all the fuss that he had made. He knew that he shouldn't be silent any longer so he steeped forward, faced Lan Qiren, knelt down and bowed deep.

"Master, I... I am ready to take any punishments that you think I... I should be given!"

"Wei..." Lan Wangji was cut off by the most rudest woman ever!

"Wei Wuxian!" Madam Yu snapped. " How dutiful! No one would have seen such a docile disciple as you ever! Just wow!" She clapped, walking towards Wei Wuxian in slow steps.

Wei Wuxian knew the worst was coming yet he waited patiently, not daring to move an inch.

"Isn't this what you wanted? Huh? To bring shame on the Jiang's! Is this what you give back to us after all that we have done to you?! How grateful! Fengmian, look at your favourite son, he has brought you such honour!"

Jiang Fengmian sighed. He knew this was not the place for it.

"Fu ren, let's not..." he tried. He didn't want to lose face anymore!

"Let's not what?! You still have a soft corner for him, don't you? You will always have a soft corner for him, right! What has he done so much that you put him above your own son! But you know what, you really deserve what he has done now. If you had disciplined him properly back then, he wouldn't brought us such shame now! This is all because of YOU!"

Yu Ziyuan raged and before anyone knew what was happening, Zidain glistened by her side and with lightening speed, Wei Wuxian was whipped by it, leaving everyone's jaw hanging.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji screamed.

He was about to go to Wei Wuxian when Lan Qiren screamed, "Wangji, kneel!"

"Wei Wuxian!" Jiang screamed, running towards Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian fell on the ground, his face hitting the floor. He grunted in pain.

"A-Xian..." Jiang Yanli knelt beside him, trying to get him up. Jiang Cheng helped her.

All Lan Wangji could do was keep looking at the scene, biting his lips and clenching his fists.

"Are you alright?" Jiang Yanli asked.

"So what if he is not alright?!" Madam Yu hissed. "He never cares about others so why do we have to care about him?"

Saying so, another whip fell on Wei Wuxian.

"Ahhh...." Wei Wuxian screamed in pain and spat out blood.

Lan Wangji clenched his eyes shut, unable to take in the scene.

"Yu Ziyuan!" Jiang Fengmian spat. "Either stop it or get out!" He gritted.

"I don't want to stay here anymore either." She spat back, giving one final death glare at Wei Wuxian and stormed out, her two servants following her behind.

"A-Xian..." Jiang Yanli cried. "I am sorry for what mother did. Are you alright?"

"Wei Wuxian, are you okay?" Jiang Cheng asked, "Get on me, I will carry you to the infirmary."

"He is not dismissed yet." Lan Qiren said. He then turned towards Jiang Fengmian saying,

"Sect Leader Jiang, as you know our customs well, when a Lan ties their sacred ribbon on someone they are bound forever. And now that Lan Wangji had tied his ribbon around Wei Wuxian..." Lan Qiren inhaled sharply, "We should make preparations to their wedding ceremony. And that is only if you accept our marriage proposal. We hope you would not refuse as this holds the dignity and reputation of Gusu Lan and Lan Wangji."

"Shufu, please..."

"I accept." Jiang Fengmian said, holding hands with Lan Qiren. "I accept to this alliance."

Lan Wangji's breath hitched and Wei Wuxian too tried to breathe for he could not understand what was going on.

"Shufu," Lan Wangji said, not holding back anymore. "Wei Wuxian never accepted this alliance. He and I..."

"I accept." Came Wei Wuxian's faint voice. "I accept to be married to Lan Wangji if.... if he is willing to be married with me."

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian sharply who was refusing to meet his eyes.

"Wangji will accept. He tied the ribbon after all. He was already aware of it's consequences." Lan Qiren said.

Jiang Fengmian just smiled not knowing how he was supposed to react at that.

"Let's hold the wedding in a week's time if Sect Leader Jiang has no objections." Lan Qiren worded.

"I have no objections. And if you would not mind, can I excuse myself to take A-Xuan to the infirmary?"

"Sure. Thank you for coming here."

"It's what I should do."

Lan Wangji saw Wei Wuxian being carried away to the infirmary in hurried steps and bit his cheeks as he tried to hold back his tears.

This was all because of him! Wei Wuxian was tied into a marriage that he would never want and he was helpless in making things right! Wei Wuxian was suffering the consequences of his actions!