🔹𝕿𝖊𝖓🔹

"Do you need any help?"

Wei Wuxian whipped his head around to see Lan Wangji standing there. Looking ethereal! His breath got struck in him. Lan Wangji was on his night robe, his hair drawn loose.

"You.. You are done bathing?" Wei Wuxian asked, turning around, not wanting to see Lan Wangji anymore.

"Mn."

"Drying your hair?"

"Done."

"So soon?"

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian huffed. "Then sleep."

"Let me help you first." Lan Wangji said bit waiting for Wei Wuxian's approval, he walked up to him, stood face to face with him. Their gazes mate and Lan Wangji could feel Wei Wuxian's gaze was hot. And he flushed red instantly.

Soon, he distracted himself from Wei Wuxian's gaze by helping Wei Wuxian undo his robes. Within seconds, he was able to take off the layer.

"Let me help you with your hair." Lan Wangji said, avoiding Wei Wuxian's gaze.

He made Wei Wuxian sit on the edge of the bed and stood behind him, trailing his fingers over Wei Wuxian's long, smooth and soft hair and removing the head clips, one by one.

Wei Wuxian leaned into the touch. The fingers against his sling was warm, comforting and very welcoming.

"Thank you." He breathed.

Lan Wangji smiled hearing it and his ears reddened for no reason. And deep down he knew that he was beginning to like these things! With Wei Wuxian!

Time passed slowly. Very slowly. But neither kf them wanted to complain. The silence was very welcoming. When Lan Wangji was finally done helping Wei Wuxian with his hair, he said,

"It's done. I have run a bath for you. You could use it."

"Lan Wangji, stop helping me with each and everything." Wei Wuxian was a little angry that he was taking works from the Second Master of Lan. "I can take care of myself."

"It wasn't anything strenuous." Lan Wangji replied.

"Lan Wangji, let this be the first and last time you are doing these things for me. I have already ruined your life enough by tying you up in this marriage with me. I don't want to tarnish your image any more. You are the Second Master Lan. So be just like one. You do not have to serve me."

Wei Wuxian's words pained Lan Wangji to the core but he swallowed the lump in his throat and said, "Wei Ying, you did not ruin my life. I... I am happy that I married you than someone else."

At once, Lan Wangji felt his heart lightened. He was flooded with relief. He had not meant to say out those words loud but right now, he thought, he needed to speak out. He looked at Wei Wuxian who was not standing right in front of him, expecting him to continue. Lan Wangji looked down at the bed and continued, afraid to meet Wei Wuxian's gaze.

"I knew what I was doing when I tied the headband around you. And I was prepared for the consequences too. And I... I don't regret what I did either."

"Lan Wangji, what nonsense are you sprouting?"

"Wei Ying, you are equal to me in every ways. In cultivation and in every other way. I... I had always wanted to marry someone who would be equal to me. And, it was only you who could stand next to me. I... I know that you do not like this marriage but I... I just wanted to let you know that... That I...."

Lan Wangji tried hard to get those words out but he simply could not! It was as of he was dumbstruck! He looked up at Wei Wuxian, hoping that he would understand his meaning but all that Wei Wuxian said was,

"Sleep! You must have knocked your head somewhere!" With that, Wei Wuxian left for the bath.

Left all alone, Lan Wangji sat on the edge of the bed, thinking back on his words. He really did not know what he had been trying to say Wei Wuxian. All that he knew was, he did not dislike this marriage as Wei Wuxian had mentioned!

Lan Wangji looked around the room. Wei Wuxian's robes were tossed all over. He sighed, this was the first time his room has been so messy but he did not feel anger like before. In fact, he seemed to like it in a way.

Lan Wangji began collecting all of Wei Wuxian's robes and folded them. He would send them to be washed tomorrow.

He cleaned up the room and waited for Wei Wuxian to return. And did not take much time for his husband to be back.

"You did not sleep still?" Wei Wuxian questioned.

"Was waiting for you."

Wei Wuxian sighed. When did Lan Wangji change so much?!

"Lie down on your stomach. Shijie asked me to apply this ointment on your wound." Lan Wangji said, showing Wei Wuxian his ointment that he needed to apply every night on his wound that was caused by Madam Yu earlier that week.

"I will do it myself." Wei Wuxian said, walking up to Lan Wangji to take over the bottle.

"Lie down." Lan Wangji commanded.

"Give it to me."

"Lie down."

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji sharply. He really did not understand the stoic guy in front of him.

"What do you want?" He asked, clenching his teeth.

"Apply medicine on your wound."

"Thank you. I can do it myself."

"Shijie entrusted it with me. I will do it myself."

"Lan Wangji, can you please stop getting on my nerves?!" Wei Wuxian screamed.

He really did not like this side of Lan Wangji, being so adamant. He knew that this marriage was just something that happened out of no choice. Why did Lan Wangji had to take it so seriously? He was trying to help him by distancing himself from Lan Wangji but it seemed like, he wanted to get closer.

"Sorry." Lan Wangji muttered, retracted his gaze from Wei Wuxian, placed the ointment bottle on the bedside drawer, pulled up the blanket and got in it, covering himself half way with it.

"Put off the candles when you are done." With that said, Lan Wangji closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Wei Wuxian stood there, staring at Lan Wangji in a dismay. What was wrong with Lan Wangji?

He did not know how long he stood there but when he saw roll over to the other side, that was when he realized he was still standing, staring at his....

Wei Wuxian shrugged off his thought and with a swift motion from his hand, he put off the candles. He grabbed a pillow from Lan Wangji's bed, and took the ointment bottle from the drawer and we r out of the room.

Wei Wuxian tried his best to apply the ointment on his wounds but despite his efforts, he still could not apply it. Wei Wuxian regretted not letting Lan Wangji apply it.

Sighing for the nth time that day, Wei Wuxian slept by Lan Wangji's guqin table.