🔹𝕳𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉🔹

"La...lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian stuttered. "What do you m..mean?"

Wei Wuxian stops in his tracks, tears frozen on his face.

Lan Wangji turns his head a fraction and Wei Wuxian swears that single sweep of amber eyes pierces through him like a thousand arrows. His heart skips a beat. He doesn't know whether to swoon or cry.

"Brother had agreed." Lan Wangji continued.

Wei Wuxian's words died in his throat, drowned in a rising tide of guilt and regret. Swallowing, he looked up but Lan Wangji shifted away the second their eyes meet. The tightness in Wei Wuxian's chest increased. Finally, he caught the sight of Lan Wangji's clenched fists, half hidden beneath his sleeves and he could no longer stand it.

He wrapped both his hands around one of Lan Wangji's. This time, Lan Wangji did not dodge his touch. Wei Wuxian gently, carefully, uncurled those long, slender fingers, smoothing them out until they lie straight. They rested there in the palm of his hand and, for a moment, no one moved.

"If Wei Ying wants, I could visit you once a month."

Wei Wuxian's own hand trembled. He could hear hurt in Lan Wangji's voice, a tiny wisp of a thing, but it was enough to take his breath away. He had the sudden urge to slap himself. Instead, his fingers find and intertwine very naturally — subconsciously — with Lan Wangji's which instinctively tighten around his.

"N...no..." Wei Wuxian hesisted. He was about to explain himself when suddenly Lan Wangji's fingers disappeared from between his and Wei Wuxian looked up at Lan Wangji to see his husband's eyes welling up with tears.

Lan Wangji pulled his gaze away and nodded, once, twice and thrice before finally wording out a, "I understand."

"Wh...what do you understand?" Wei Wuxian asked, blinking.

Lan Wangji got up from the bed, straightened iyt his robes and said, "I understand that Wei Ying do not like me to visit you once a month."

"What?!" Wei Wuxian yelled, getting up from his feet and turning around Lan Wangji to meet his eyes only to see that Lan Wangji's tears have made its way down his cheek.

"Lan...Lan Zhan, why are you crying?" Wei Wuxian shook the other. "Lan Zhan, look at me."

Lan Wangji obeyed. He looked up at Wei Wuxian only for more tears to flow down.

"Lan Zhan, sweetheart, please... please don't cry." Wei Wuxian's heart clenched. He could not stand the sight of his husband crying.

Lan Wangji sobbed harder. He could no more control his tears. Unable to steady himself, he almost fell down when Wei Wuxian caught him. Wei Wuxian took Lan Wangji into his embrace and held him tight while helping themselves to sit on the floor.

"Lan Zhan, I am so sorry. Please don't cry, Lan'er..." Wei Wuxian pleaded, he too breaking down in tears in his husband's embrace.

"...Wei Ying...!" Lan Wangji wailed.

"Lan Zhan, I am... so sorry.... I didn't mean my words last night, please... I am really sorry...."

"...I am boring for Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji sobbed.

"No, no... Never... you are not boring... not all, Lan Zhan... please don't cry..."

"Wei Ying wasn't ha...happy with me..." Lan Wangji could not control his tears.

"No, no... I was happy... I am happy... I had never been so happier, Lan Zhan... I swear..!"

"I wasn't good enough for Wei Ying..." Lan Wangji could not contain the ache in him.