🔹𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓🔹

It was almost midnight and they still had a few more hours until morning for Wei Wuxian's punishment to be over. It would not have been a problem to Wei Wuxian if it was Lotus Pier but this was Could Recesses. It was located in the mountains and it was so cold at night!

Wei Wuxian was brought up in Lotus Pier so he had never experienced such cold. This cold was not something he could bear with his weak body that was whipped by Zidian just a week ago.

Lan Wangji glanced at Wei Wuxian who was struggling to keep his posture. Lan Wangji knew that it was due to cold. He did not have a problem with the cold as he was accustomed to this. But he knew it wouldn't be same for Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji glanced down at Wei Wuxian's hands which were trembling in cold. His breathing was shallow and his body was shivering. Lan Wangji moved closer to Wei Wuxian, took his hand in his and rubbed their hands together, to make Wei Wuxian feel warm. Wei Wuxian tried to pull his hand away but Lan Wangji held it tight.

"Wei Ying, let's go back."

"N...no..., L..lan Zh...Zhan..." Wei Wuxian stuttered as he was in too much of cold.

"You are not well."

"I am g...good."

Lan Wangji sighed. He knew Wei Wuxian would not go back so it was on him to take him back. He would talk to his uncle tomorrow.

Lan WangJi calmly held Wei WuXian by the back of his collar and dragged him toward the jingshi. Wei WuXian staggered, wanting to shout, but Lan WangJi spoke coldly, "Those who make noise will be silenced."

"Lan Zhan, let go of me!" Wei Wuxian still shouted.

Lan Wangji eyed him, almost in a glare and warned, "One more word, you will be silenced."

"Lan... Mhmm mhpmm..." Wei Wuxian tried but not a sound came from him. He was silenced by his cruel husband!

Lan WangJi carried him to the jingshi, walked straight toward the inner room, and put him down onto the bed with a thump. Wei WuXian yelped from the pain. He couldn't get up at the moment, wriggling upright after a while. He originally wanted to whine a few times in a flirtatious manner, so that he would detest him. However, as he raised his head, he saw that Lan WangJi was holding Bichen with one hand, looking down at him commandingly.

After the effort of carrying and throwing him on the bed, Lan WangJi's collars, which were closed in the beginning, came slightly apart, showing his distinct collarbone. Wei Wuxian could not help but stare at Lan Wangji's skin for a while. He did not know why but he gulped hard. Following his gaze, Lan WangJi lowered his eyes. He pulled his collar so that it covered his collarbones, becoming the indifferent HanGuang-Jun once again. Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes.

"You will be sleeping here." Lan Wangji said.

"Mhmppmm..." Wei Wuxian wriggled. He pointed to his mouth, asking to be taken off the spell.

With a huff, Lan Wangji took off the spell.

"Lan Zhan, you fuddy – duddy! Are you trying to get me thrown out of the sect? If your uncle know that I have not obeyed his command, he will go crazy!"

"I will talk to uncle." Lan Wangji said.

Without giving Wei WuXian a chance to reply, he walked over to the other side of the Jingshi, leaving Wei WuXian alone, sprawled on the bed alone and feeling confused.

Wei Wuxian huffed and puffed on the bed. He thought of going back to Library Pavilion and continuing his punishment but he chose not to fir he thought Lan Wangji would cause an uproar in the middle of the night, if he did so.

Wei Wuxian took off his robes and sat on the edge of the bed, with his inner layer on, for Lan Wangji. He knew Lan Wangji would not allow him to sleep anywhere else tonight.

Lan Wangji returned shirt after, with his inner rove on. He silently glanced at Wei Wuxian and without uttering a word to him, he walked to the other side of the bed and got on it. Posturing himself to sleep.

Wei Wuxian just stared, dumbfounded.

Wei Wuxian wasn't sure what to make of the current situation—in the past, no matter what he did, Lan WangJi wouldn't tolerate anything, but now, even though he used whatever methods he had up his sleeve, Lan WangJi could still tolerate him. Should he be congratulated because of his progress?!

After a while of staring at Lan Wangji who seem to be fallen asleep already, Wei WuXian turned around and walked over to the other side of the bed, where Lan Wangji was.

Lan WangJi lay sideways on the bed, appearing to be already asleep. Without making a sound, Wei WuXian approached him. His breath hitched when Lan WangJi's long lashes fluttered, and he opened his eyes.

Wei WuXian quickly made up his mind. He threw himself onto the bed.

He remembered that Lan WangJi hated physical contact with other people. In the past, just with one touch and the offender would have been hurled out. If, even like this, he endured it, then the person was definitely not Lan WangJi. He would even doubt that Lan WangJi's body was taken!

Wei WuXian's entire body was above Lan WangJi's, with legs separated, kneeling with one on each side of his waist. His hands were against the wooden bed, trapping Lan WangJi in between his arms. He gradually lowered his head. The distance between the two faces became closer and closer. Closer and closer. At the point where it became hard for Wei WuXian to breathe, Lan WangJi finally opened his mouth.

He stayed silent for a few moments, "Get off."

A pair of pale-colored eyes looked at Wei WuXian at a very close distance. Lan WangJi stared fixedly at him, and repeated, "... Get off."

Wei WuXian spoke, "No. I won't. Did you not ask me to sleep on the same bed as you? If you allowed me to sleep here, you should have known that something like this would happen."

Lan WangJi went red and asked in a low voice, "Are you sure that this is what you want?"

"..." For some reason, Wei WuXian felt that he should carefully consider his reply.

As he was about to curl his lips into a smile, a numbness suddenly came from his waist, and his legs gave out. With a thump, he fell onto Lan WangJi's body.

The curvature of a half-smile was frozen on his lips. His head was at the right side of Lan WangJi and he couldn't move at all. They lay sideways, hugging each other. Lan WangJi's voice came from beside him.

His voice was low and deep. His chest vibrated slightly as he spoke each word.

"Then stay like this for the whole night."

Wei WuXian didn't expect it to end up like this at all. He shifted around, wanting to get up, but his waist continued to ache and felt limp. He could only be attached to another man in such an awkward situation, feeling a bit befuddled.

Just what in the world happened to Lan Zhan in the past few days, turning him into a person like this?

Was this the same Lan Zhan as before?!

Suddenly, as his thoughts were as jumbled as a hurricane, Lan WangJi slightly shifted. Wei WuXian's spirits lifted, assuming that he finally couldn't bear it any more. However, Lan WangJi simply waived his hand.

The lights went out.

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji's voice came through the dark. "Good night."

And it settled down in his heart!