🔹𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓🔹

Red is considered a lucky color that is commonly used in homes, celebrations and especially weddings. Red represents happiness, fertility, good luck, success, and good fortune. No wonder it's popular at weddings! And it was no wonder why the entire Cloud Recesses was decorated in red for it was the wedding day of Second Master Lan and Young Master Wei!

Wei Wuxian sat facing the mirror in front of him, looking at his own reflection, contemplating of he was supposed to be happy that he was marrying or sad now that he was marrying!

The wedding of his dreams was never a very clear image in his head. He didn't know who he'd be marrying or how big of a scale it would be. But the one thing he thought he was sure of was the fact that Jiang Cheng Jiang Yanli and Jiang Fengmian would be there. He doesn't have any other family so he always imagined the Jiangs would be where his family was supposed to be.

"A-Xian, you look so handsome." Jiang Yanli commented, combing his hair. "Let's hope that you and Second Master Lan does not catch any evil eyes."

"There is nothing to be envious of us." Wei Wuxian replied, "An arranged marriage with no love is nothing to be envious of."

"A-Xian, stop thinking that way. I am sure this, marriage would turn out just the way you expect it to be!"

"The way I expect it to be?" Wei Wuxian questioned.

"Yes."

"But, how do I really expect it to be?"

"You will find out soon." Jiang Yanli assured him

Wei Wuxian was confused but Jiang Yanli's assuring smile made him feel better.

When Wei Wuxian was almost done with his dressing, Jiang Cheng came running in.

"Wei Wuxian, are you done? Father asked to bring you to the main hall."

"He is done." Jiang Yanli answered.

"So soon?" Wei Wuxian questioned, as if he wasn't expecting it.

"What do you mean by so soon?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Nothing." Wei Wuxian sighed, his heart feeling very heavy. "Let's go."

And so they walked off, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli holding Wei Wuxian by his arms, leading the way to the main hall.

On the way, Wei Wuxian could not help but admire the beauty of Cloud Recesses. It really looked very different, now that it was decorated in all red and purple for the wedding.

The usually plain and idyllic looking Cloud Recesses is looking more decked out then ever. Most of the décor is flowers and paper lanterns but he has to admit that he's happy the Jiang sect brought some colour into the place. Between all the decorations with cloud patterns, are red lotus flowers scattered around the paper decorations. They walk by the dowry on which Wei Ying immediately comments that the Lan sect must be broke now, earning an elbow in the side from Jiang Cheng explaining that this amount of gold for a dowry is reasonable.

'This is even more than we prepared when Yanli got married' He doesn't say it out loud but as the brothers look at each other it hangs in the air between them. Wei Wuxian really did not know that the Lan were so luxurious when it came to dowry.

Once they reached the main hall, Wei Wuxian stood in the middle of the crowd, attracting everyone's attention as whispers. He stood the wedding altar and heard Lan Qiren say,

"Xichen, bring Wangji over."

Wei Wuxian could feel the anger rising in him thinking of Lan Wangji dressing all alone for his wedding, his heart broken and sad. Wei Wuxian clenched his fist. He knew what exactly what Lan Wangji must be going through right now. He must be going through the same emo crisis just as him. And Wei Wuxian had wanted his sister beside him for him to feel better. And he was sure, Lan Wangji too would need his brother beside him to geek better. But the Lans, being the Lans, had left Lan Wangji alone!

Wei Wuxian tried to calm himself down, not wanting to cause any problems. He just could not understand how much more heartless the Lans could be!

The sight of Lan Wangji dressed in all red and in wedding attire, finally, made Wei Wuxian calm down. Unknowing to him, a smile crept up his face.

-

Lan Wangji could feel Wei Wuxian's eyes on him and he could not help but raise up his head to look at Wei Wuxian. Their eyes met and Lan Wangji's breath hitched.

Wei Wuxian was looking at him, smiling!

Once again, Lan Wangji's heart began to thunder in him and his brother had to use a little strength on his arm to get him back to his senses.

Lan Wangji pulled his gaze away from Wei Wuxian and walked up to him, standing beside him.

-

Wei Wuxian realized that Lan Wangji's beauty was incomparable. Well, the man could wear rags and Wei Ying thinks he'd still look like a God but the whiplash he gets from seeing him in such a colour nearly knocks him of his feet and Jiang Cheng needs to give him a jab with his elbow to bring him back to earth.

Wei Wuxian just smiled, at his own silly thinking. He gave one last glance at Lan Wangji before the wedding ceremony finally started.

-

Lan Wangji stood beside Wei Wuxian, contemplating if he should take Wei Wuxian's hand in his, just like all the other couples do at their wedding. But then he instantly remembered that this wedding was different. It was different from all the other weddings. Every other couples loved each other but they did not love each other in romantic terms. They just considered each other as friends. Lan Wangji was not sure if Wei Wuxian even considered him as a friend anymore, after all that they had gone through.

Lan Wangji sighed, trying not to remember what Wei Wuxian had told him the other day, 'If I had known, I would have never asked to tie it.'

Finally deciding that he should just stand as he is and not do anything that would make the situation worse, he removed off all the thoughts on his mind and concentrated on the ceremony, his wedding ceremony!