🔹𝕾𝖎𝖝🔹

"I was waiting for you to finish teaching him." Lan Wangji stated.

"Waiting for me?" Wei Wuxian asked, doubtfully. This was unlikely of Lan Wangji.

"Yes." Lan Wangji affirmed.

"Why?" Wei Wuxian questioned next, now totally surprised.

"There is something that I would like to speak to you about."

"What is it?"

"I," Lan Wangji glanced over at Wen Ning and said, "I would like to speak to you alone."

Wei Wuxian was about to deny his request when Wen Ning said, "Excuse me." And with that he, ran off to who knows where.

Wei Wuxian looked at Wen Ning's retreating back and Lan Wangji waited patiently until Wei Wuxian returned his gaze to him.

"We are alone. Speak." Wei Wuxian said, still looking far away.

"Wei Ying, brother said that you have agreed to stay here in Gusu until the classes are over. Why?"

"What do you mean by why? I initially came here for classes. I cannot leave it halfway through." Wei Wuxian replied, still looking far away.

"I thought you would not want to stay here anymore." Lan Wangji tried in his best calm tone.

Wei Wuxian gave him a look that Lan Wangji could not understand and remained silent. Lan Wangji clearly saw Wei Wuxian narrowing his brows as if he was thinking hard for a reply but then he gave up, for his, brows returned to the initial state and fists unclenched.

Receiving no answer, Lan Wangji asked, "Brother said you agreed to live in Jinghshi with me. Is that true?"

"Lan Zh- Lan Wangji, do you have any problem in it? If yes, I could live separately. I will talk to Zewu Jun." Wei Wuxian said hurriedly.

Lan Wangji's heart ached when Wei Wuxian did not call him by his birth name. He ahd always fekt something special when Wei Wuxian called him as 'Lan Zhan'. It made him feel like he was closer to Wei Wuxian than anyone else. But now that Wei Wuxian addressed him as 'Lan Wangji', something broke in him. He tried to hide it under his stern gaze.

"I did not mean it that way."

"Then?"

"Wei Ying, this is unlike of you. You had always wanted to leave Cloud Recesses for it always bored you by its rules. Now that you have got an opportunity to leave, you are staying back. Wei Ying, you do not have to do anything that you don't like."

"Who said that I do not like?" Wei Wuxian muttered under his breath but Lan Wangji did not miss to hear it.

"I know."

"You don't know anything." Wei Wuxian snapped.

"Lying is forbidden in Cloud Recesses."

Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes and turned his back towards Lan Wangji. He really did not feel like talking to him right now.He never really give a shit to their rules, damn their rules!

"Wei Ying, I... I know that you do not like to marry me and I am sorry for all this."

"I never told that," Wei Wuxian interrupted.

"But I know the truth." Lan Wangji said. "Wei Ying, I don't want you to stay here after marriage. Let's go to Yunmeng."

"I am not heartless to drag you away from your home."

"You are not dragging me away."

"Lan Wangji, please! Let's stop talking about this. I have already decided that we would be staying here until the classes are over."

"Uncle will try to pick up on you for every small mistakes that you make."

"I knew it already when I decided that I would marry you. I am prepared."

"But I am not!"

"You don't have to be!"

"I cannot stand silent when he tries to punish you for nothing!"

"You have to!"

"Wei Wuxian!"

"Lan Wangji!"

Lan Wangji sighed. What was he doing? He had come here to convince Wei Wuxian to leave to Yunmeng. He did not Wei Wuxian to stay here after the marriage for he knew his uncle was furious with him and would try to punish him fir nothing. Lan Wangji did not want that to happen and he knew if it happened, then he wouldn't stay quiet. Lan Wangji did not want these unnecessary problems and all this could be solved if they left Cloud Recesses. But here was Wei Wuxian, saying that he did not want to drag him away from his home. Lan Wangji was furious right now and he did not know what he was supposed to say.

He looked at Wei Wuxian's back for quite a while, waiting in silence. Neither of them spoke for few minutes and Lan Wangji could not continue this any longer. So he said,

"Wei Ying, I do not want us to live here after marriage. It will cause unnecessary problems."

"I don't care!"

"But I care! You will not get the respect that you deserve, if you continue living here with me. You must have already heard the rumours that had spread about us, so please, leaving Cloud Recesses would be a better option for both of us."

"Lan Wangji, I did not act improperly in the Cold Pond Cave. I never really knew what your forehead ribbon meant. If I had known, I would have never asked you tie it around me. I am sorry for tarnishing your image, but now, I will rectify the mistakes I have done. I will not take you away from your home and I will make things right between me and your clan. As for rumours, I don't give a damn to it. So neither should you."

Wei Wuxian said so much but Lan Wangji heard only a particular sentence, 'If I had known, I would have never asked you to tie it around me.'

Suddenly, Jiang Cheng's words flashed in his mind, 'He would rather die than marry you.'

Lan Wangji felt a stab in his heart. He found it hard to breathe. Wei Wuxian's words shattered his heart into pieces and he could feel his eyes burning, threatening his tears to fall.

Without replying Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji turned around to leave. He took very small steps hoping that Wei Wuxian would call out to him, to tell him that he had not meant to say those words, to say that he was sorry. Lan Wangji walked very slowly but there was no sign of Wei Wuxian calling out to him.

Finally, accepting the reality, Lan Wangji walked away, his tears flowing down his cheeks.