🔹𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊🔹

The day finally arrived. It was the day they would be departing to Yunmeng since their lectures were over.

"Wei Ying, have you packed your belongings?" Lan Wangji asked.

Wei Wuxian was currently sitting on the edge of the bed. Their bed! Well, ever since, Lan Wangji had put on a talisman on him making him unable to love and had put him to sleep on the bed beside him, Wei Wuxian had got used to it. Since that day, he and Lan Wangji shared the bed and although he teased Lan Wangji numerous times during the night, he was careful not to do or say anything that would make Lan Wangji uncomfortable. And not that he was ready for it.

Wei Wuxian actually was confused right now. It wasn't like that Cloud Recesses was a place full of fun and it would be joyous to stay here. But, Cloud Recesses was Lan Wangji's home. Lan Wangji was born and had lived here all his life. He just felt something to take Lan Wangji away from his birth place.

Moreover, during his stay here, he too had come to like Cloud Recesses for it was nice, beautiful and fun on its own way. Although it could not be compared to Yunmeng, it still felt peaceful to live here.

"I already packed." Wei Wuxian answered shortly.

"Is something bothering you?" Lan Wangji asked next for he had noticed Wei Wuxian being thinking something since last night.

"Huh? No!" Wei Wuxian hurried.

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji sat beside him, "You can tell me anything." He said.

Wei Wuxian smiled looking at his husband. He knew how much Lan Wangji liked him. It was beyond his imagination. And he knew that he too had begun to develop feelings for Lan Wangji. And he was glad about it. It felt nice to live and to be loved! Although he had not confessed his feelings for Lan Wangji, he knew that he loved Lan Wangji just more than a friend.

"Lan Zhan," he said, "If you want to stay here, we can stay back."

Lan Wangji knitted his brows. "Wei Ying, what do you mean?"

"Lan Zhan, this is your home. I don't want you to leave your home for me. Please!"

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji said, not understanding just how much more noble his husband could actually be. "This is my home and so are you. I want to go to Yunmeng with you."

Lan Wangji's always made Wei Wuxian's heart flutter in happiness. "Sure?"

"Sure." Lan Wangji affirmed.

"Lan Zhan, if you feel like you can no longer stay there, you have to tell me. Okay?"

"I will although I do not think it will happen." Lan Wangji said smiling and squeezing Wei Wuxian's hand in assurance.

"It could happen. Yunmeng is very different from Gusu. Lotus Pier is also very different from Cloud Recesses. So, if you ever feel uncomfortable even for a second, you have to tell me. Alright? Promise?"

"Promise." Lan Wangji's heart was bursting in happiness. Wei Wuxian was the best of humans and he was lucky to be married to him despite the circumstances!

"Wei Ying, let's go and bid farewell to brother and uncle."

"Alright. If you say so!"

Wei Wuxian followed Lan Wangji outside the Jingshi. He would surely be missing this calm and serenity!

-

"Wangji, you have to take good care of yourself when you are away." Lan Xichen said, trying to hide his sadness.

"Wangji will take care of him." Lan Wangji bowed.

Wei Wuxian sighed. They were brothers! Why were they acting like strangers! He had never been like this with Jiang Cheng nor would he ever be!

"Aiyaa, Lan Zhan, what's up with you? Stop being like this and hug your brother. Come on!"

Lan Wangji looked up at him, embarrassed. Lan Xichen too stared at Wei Wuxian, awkwardly.

"What are you two looking me at? Aren't you brothers? It's not anything abnormal."

"But..." Lan Xichen was cut off by Wei Wuxian.

"Zewu Jun, here, come," Wei Wuxian pushed Lan Wangji into Lan Xichen who held his brother in his arms.

"That's it. See, it's not hard, right?"

Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen looked at each other and finally Lan Xichen embraced his little brother, letting his tears roll down. Lan Wangji too hid his face in his brother. It felt really comforting.

Wei Wuxian smiled. He could see the comforting smile on Lan Wangji and he was glad that Lan Wangji had not struck to the stupid rules and had let himself dwell on the moment with his brother.

Later that day, once they had bid their farewell to Lan Qiren who had advised them to stay stay abd always follow the rules, they had mounted on their sword and had flown down the mountain.

When they reached Caiyi Town, they boarded on boats and began their journey to Yunmeng. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli boarded on the same boat while Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian boarded on another. The rest of the Jiang Sect disciples shared two boats.

-

Yunmeng had many lakes, and the Lotus Docks were built right next to one of those lakes.

Someone setting out from the pier didn't have to row their boat for too long to encounter a large lake filled with lotus flowers called Lianhua Lake. The lake was hundreds of meters across, its bluish-green waters covered with pink lotus flowers that grew tall enough to brush up against a boatman's shoulders and head. Winds often blew across the waters, causing the flowers and leaves to rustle like nodding heads. It was fresh, beautiful, and filled with a sort of charming naivety.

The Jiang clan's Lotus Docks didn't have a tightly secured front gate like most other Xianmen families' residences. While the inner courtyard was inaccessible to ordinary people, the pier outside the front gates was always bustling with activity. Merchants gathered there to peddle lotus seed heads, water chestnuts, and other pastries. The children of nearby families could also sneak inside the training grounds of the Lotus Docks to peek at the activities there. Even if they were caught, they wouldn't be scolded; sometimes they would even be allowed to play with the Xianmen youths.

"Lan Zhan, welcome to Yunmeng!" Wei Wuxian cried.

"Mn." Lan Wangji hummed, feeling happy, all over.