🔹𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔🔹

It was an ordinary enough market day in Yiling Town. Neither Wei Wuxian nor Wen Ning was truly relaxed, but they were doing a good imitation of it.

Wen Ning was at their current sales spot, softly calling out "Radishes and turnips! Turnips and radishes!" to passers-by.

Wei Wuxian had just finished a satisfying haggle with a tall, lanky, lady merchant selling rice. After his accusations of short weight, stones in the grain, vermin smells, and trick scales, and hers of short strings of cash and fake coins; after threats of walking away and threats of coming crawling back; after prices that danced up and down wildly before converging on the approximate number they both knew they'd get; finally, the two bowed to one another with the respect of opponents who've finished a solid sparring bout, while Wei Wuxian hoisted one half-full sack.

After exchanging a nod with Wen Ning and stowing the rice, Wei Wuxian contemplated the sad remainder of their silver, the space that would be left on the cart once he finished loading up assuming all their produce sells, and his deep desire for wine, and sighed heavily.

Wei Wuxian decided he would lounge near one of the wineshops, gossip, and then go back up the mountain.

Just when Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning were done for the day and had almost made their way into the bustling street, did Wei Wuxian spot familiar robes of Gusu Lan, Yunmeng Jiang and Qinghe Nie.

His eyes opened wide as he turned towards them with Chenqing in hand. Wen Ning too followed his gaze of sight.

"Never knew you were interested in vendor." Jiang Cheng spoke first.

Jiang Cheng and the others looked up and down at Wei Wuxian, who wore simple black robes which were stitched over the bottom and looked very plain.

"What are you all doing here?" Wei Wuxian asked instead.

"Why else would we be here if not for you?" Jiang Cheng asked back.

Wei Wuxian sighed and looked at the cultivators in front of him. There stood Jiang Fengmian, Jiang Cheng, Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue.

Wei Wuxian glanced at Wen Ning who stood beside him and took a deep breath. "I thought I was clear when I said that we do not hold any connections with any sects."

"A-Xian, we are here to help you." Jiang Fengmian spoke.

"Uncle Jiang, I am very sorry but we are good on our own. I don't want to be a trouble anymore. Wei Wuxian spoke politely as he could, trying to hide the sadness behind it.

"Wei Wuxian," It was Lan Qiren. "The cultivation world has decided that if you do not surrender the Wens' by the end of this week, they will declare a war against you. Is that what you want?"

"I can fight them. I will fight them." Chenqing shook in his hands.

"You can fight them but do you think that it will be of any help? How long can you fight? For how many days? Sooner or later the Wens will be in danger." Lan Qiren stated.

"Wei Wuxian," Lan Xichen began, "Even if you fight, what about others. Wangji cannot fight much with his current state. Except Wen Qing and Wen Ning, I think other Wen remnants would not know how to use a sword. How can you fight against the whole cultivation world alone? Please, let us help you."

"Help? As if?" Wei Wuxian inquired.

"Let us inspect Burial Mounds." Nie Mingjue said.

"We can come up with a solution then." Jiang Fengmian concluded.

Wei Wuxian looked between the new unexpected guests and then back at Wen Ning. He did not know what he was supposed to do. If he go according to them, then it will be unnecessary trouble for their sect. Wei Wuxian did not want to impose any trouble on anyone.

Meanwhile, he could not fight alone either. Of course, he could but it will put others in more danger.

After a long moment of consideration, "Wei Wuxian finally uttered a low, "Fine."

Everyone looked happy and especially Wen Ning who began his way towards the Burial Mounds, others trailing behind. Wei Wuxian sighed once again and began walking too, while bickering with Jiang Cheng.

They were almost up the mountain and into the ward when they heard a loud yell.

"Xian gege....!"

Wei Wuxian instantly turned around and in a second, Wei Wuxian felt the entirety of Wen Yuan's weight crash full-force into his leg, dragging him abruptly from his thoughts. "Xian-gege is back!"

Wei Wuxian beamed, "Of course," he said, and knelt to bring himself to A-yaun's eye level. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be inside with Granny?" He asked, lifting the child up into his arms.

Except Wen Ning, all the others, felt their jaw hung open. Lan Qiren could not imagine how such a young fragile boy could live in this place. They were astonished.

"I was waiting for you." A-yaun spoke and Nie Mingjue remembered his little brother instantly. Nie Huisang too had been like this once.

"Waiting for me? What for?" Wei Wuxian asked, oblivious to the stunned expressions around him.

"Lan gege bought me something. I want to show you."

"Oh? What did Lan gege give you? Are you his side now?" Wei Wuxian asked, tickling the child.

Jiang Cheng felt his eyes would pop out. He had never seen Wei Wuxian like this!

"Come, I will show you." A-yaun said. And that was when A-yaun saw the new arrivals. With big eyes he asked, "Xian gege brought friends?"

"A-yaun, this is my brother." Wei Wuxian said pointing at Jiang Cheng, "My uncle, that is Lan gege's uncle, Lan gege's brother and this is Lan gege's brother's friend."

"Wei Wuxian, how will he remember if you say like that?" Jiang Cheng found himself speaking unexpectedly.

"Then how do you want me to say?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I-... I don't know but still, he would not remember any one of us if you say like that?" Jiang Cheng stuttered.

Wei Wuxian pffted at Jiang Cheng and asked A-yaun, pointing at Nie Mingjue, "A-yaun, who is this?"

"Lan gege's brother's friend." A-yaun recited and Lan Qiren's eyes went wide.

Wei Wuxian laughed at them and spoke proudly, "A-yaun is not like others. He is not ordinary."

"How is he different?" Jiang Cheng questioned.

"He is the son of fearsome Yiling Patriach and the righteous HanGuang-Jun!" Wei Wuxian announced, laughing out loud.

And he not stop his laughter when he saw the others expression. Lan Qiren looked as if he was about to Qi deviate!

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

I am very sorry to inform you guys that I won't be able to update another chapter by tonight as I am hella busy 'Cause my mother is not well. She has been not well for the past few days so I am really busy. I will try my best to update tomorrow morning so please be patient with me. I am very sorry once again. Thank you so much for understanding.