🔹𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝🔹

The sun was setting down and so had the date of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian had come to an end. They wanted to stay a little longer but since they had to return to Cloud Recesses before the curfew, they had to leave now.

"Lan Zhan, I want to ask something from you?" Wei Wuxian's voice was serious.

Lan Wangji looked at him and waited for him to ask. He knew that Wei Wuxian would ask him anyway so there was no need for him to give approval. Moreover, Wei Wuxian was one of the fewest people who could understand him, without him using words for which he was very grateful. But at times, Wei Wuxian too tended to be oblivious and Lan Wangji was the only one to blame for it.

"I know you wouldn't lie but still, let me tell you. Please tell me the truth."

Lan Wangji realized that Wei Wuxian was not going to ask anything simple, so he nodded, indicating that he understood and wouldn't lie.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian began, looking at the passers-by's, "Did you... did you really enjoy your day with me today? I mean, this date? Did you like it? Please tell me the truth."

Lan Wangji thought it was something very serious so he almost smiled at Wei Wuxian's silly questions.

"Wei Ying, I liked it." He affirmed.

Lan Wangji wanted to tell a lot of things to his husband. Like, how much he had really liked it, how much Wei Wuxian had made him happy today, how, much he was looking forward for another day like this, he wanted to say so much and many more. But his words struck in him. He just could not get them out.

Lan Wangji knew that Wei Wuxian was still not sure of their relationship. Their relationship was, very sensitive right now. His brother had always advised him to use a little more words in order to avoid confusion and misunderstanding in any case. And Lan Wangji knew his brother's words applied this too. Right now, he was in a situation in which he must use words. He was scared that Wei Wuxian would misunderstand if he does otherwise. And Lan Wangji tried his best to get his words out! Unfortunately, looking at Wei Wuxian just made him dumbstruck. He could not get his words out, no matter what!

"You really liked it?" Wei Wuxian asked again, disbelief evident in him.

Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxian's hand in his for he believed that actions speak more than words. He held Wei Wuxian hand tight and emphasized every single word, "Wei Ying, I really liked this date with you. And I... I am looking forward for... another date with you." He squeezed Wei Wuxian's hand tight, hoping that it would convey his feelings and emotions.

Lan Wangji looked down for he could not look into Wei Wuxian's eyes. Those eyes did something in him that he could not comprehend in words.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian asked, his heart beating very fast and by now, he had already got used to it as his heart would never keep quiet and stay in place when Lan Wangji was around. "If you liked this date, if you liked spending time with me, why don't you... why don't you reward me too?"

Wei Wuxian's heart was pounding in him. Faster than ever! Louder than ever! What was he doing?! He just could not understand! Had he gone crazy! How could he ask Lan Wangji to....!

Wei Wuxian cursed himself for he saw Lan Wangji's face change instantly. He closed his eyes fir he had done the same mistake again which he does every single time something good happens to him. And it was none other than, 'fucking up'!

Wei Wuxian saw Lan Wangji knit his brows and knew that the worst was about to happen. He had exceeded his limits! He knew Lan Wangji accepted him as his husband and that he accepted this relationship, whole heartedly. Wei Wuxian knew that Lan Wangji had feelings for him and that it was way too deep than he could imagine and dese

But right now, looking at Lan Wangji, looking at his expressionless face, Wei Wuxian realized that he had broken everything that he just mended with Lan Wangji!

Wei Wuxian's heart sank. He did not know what he was going to do more did he know how he was calm Lan Wangji down. Afraid of Lan Wangji lashing out on him, Wei Wuxian soon pulled away his hand from Lan Wangji's grasp and put on his fake smile.

"Huh, Lan Zhan, why are you so angry? I was just... teasing you! You.. You don't have to be so an...angry, alright? Look, it's already getting dark. Let's go back and not waste any more time."

Wei Wuxian turned around quickly for he was afraid that Lan Wangji would notice his tears. He felt a sharp pain in his heart and he tried to ignore it. Wei Wuxian walked fastly, not wanting Lan Wangji to ask him stop. He did not dare to turn around and look at Lan Wangji and walked as fast as he could.

He did not know how long he had kept walking nor did he know how far he had walked and he only stopped when he felt someone pull at him forcefully. He did not grab a chance to look at the intruder and when he did, he was already standing face to face with Lan Wangji, who was looking straight into him.

They stood on a corner an empty stall and since it was day break, not many people walked around this place. It was quite empty and silent, giving these two young couple a moment for themselves.