🔹𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙🔹

There was still no sign of Wei Wuxian.

It had been three months previous that the Jiangs and the Lan's had found out at the Indoctrination Bureau that Wei Wuxian had been cast into the Burial Mounds by Wen Chao. Lan Wangji had requested a battle assignment in Yiling, and received one. But nothing in Yiling had been as he had expected. The Yiling Supervisory Office had been targeted by somebody else. The soldiers there had all been killed, using dark magic that made Lan Wangji's skin crawl. Wen Chao had escaped, but they found him a week later – or at least found what was left of him.

There had been a grim satisfaction in seeing how Wen Chao had suffered before his death, in finding the corpse of Wen Zhuliu hanging in the gate of the stronghold where they had taken refuge. It wasn't as good as having killed them himself, but at least somebody had. Nobody knew who, but after some discussion and some research, everyone agreed that it was some sort of internal matter. Somebody in the Wen sect was clearly trying to seize power from Wen Ruohan. Why else would this person be using the same dark magic? Where else could he have learned it? There were many branches of cultivators in the Wen sect. Given Wen Ruohan's actions, who could be surprised that there might be an uprising or a rebellion?

Both Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng had wanted to go to the Burial Mounds to try to find any trace of Wei Wuxian he could. It was a stupid idea, and they knew it. The Burial Mounds weren't a place where one could trespass lightly. Yu Ziyuan had asked Jiang Cheng to stay back and had said that there was no need to find someone who must have been already dead. And Jiang Cheng unable to oppress his mother, had kept quiet. But not Lan Wangji.

If Lan Qiren had not reminded him that he was pregnant and had to keep himself safe, Lan Wangji would have already been deep in the darkness of Burial Mounds.

The scene at Nightless City was eerily similar to that at the Yiling Supervisory House.

When they had finally gotten to Nightless City, they had found Wen Ruohan dead, along with all his cultivators.

As to who killed Wen Ruohan, the truth was that nobody knew. Meng Yao, who had been deep in his confidence, told them that Wen Ruohan had assumed that whoever was taking out those outposts was a rogue cultivator. If he was a member of the Wen sect, then even Wen Ruohan hadn't known who he was.

And there was still no sign of Wei Wuxian. And this thought haunted Lan Wangji day and night!

-

The Jiangs had been quite happy with the news of Lan Wangji's pregnancy except Yu Ziyuan.

Jiang Yanli had been so glad that for some time she had forgotten the sadness of missing Wei Wuxian and had been overjoyed about the unborn baby. She had been grinning from ear to ear and had come all the way to Gusu to take good care of Lan Wangji.

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Fengmian too had joined her. Although Jiang Cheng had been grumpy to Lan Wangji all these time, he too showed some soft emotions to the unborn baby.

Jiang Fengmian had been so glad that he had been moved to tears as he was reminded of late Wei Cangze whose bloodline was still to be continued.

-

"Wangji, I have made you some soup. Please have it." Jiang Yanli cried, coming into the Jingshi with a tray on her hand.

Lan Wangji, who sat across the table, meditating, snapped his eyes open at the sudden intrudence.

"Oh, I am sorry. The door was open so I just came in. Sorry for not knocking." Jaing Yanli said.

"Shijie is always welcome." Lan Wangji replied getting up to take the tray from Jiang Yanli.

"Aiyya, sit down. Let me serve if for you."

"It's alright."

Lan Wangji helped Jaing Yanli put down the trays and both sat down, Jiang Yanli helping Lan Wangji with the soup.

"The Lotus Ribs that I brought from Yunmeng are all over. So I just made some vegetable soup for you. I hope you would not mind." Jiang Yanli soke kindly and it eased Lan Wangji's agitated mind.

"I do not." Lan Wangji too replied.

They sat in silence. Neither of them had much to talk and Lan Wangji was too tired to talk. His mind was filled with the thoughts of Wei Wuxian. And Jiang Yanli too was occupied in her own thoughts.

The silence prevailed until Jiang Yanli said, "Tomorrow, we will be travelling to Lanlin. Will you be alright?"

Lan Wangji put down his spoon and waited until his mouth was empty before replying, "I am not interested in attending the feast but brother has insisted me to come along. I must be alright."

"Zewu Jun must need you very much by his side if he has insisted you to come along. Anyways, i will be there too. If anything, you can come to me."

"Thank you." Lan Wangji was really grateful for this kind young lady.

"If you feel nauseous during travelling, let me know. I will bring some herbs and medicines along."

"Shijie is too kind. Please don't trouble yourself with me."

"How is this trouble? You are my brother, just like A-Xian. Of course, I will care about you."

"Wei Ying has told a lot about Shjie. He had always mentioned of your soup."

"He is too exaggerating. Its nothing much. As long as he has tasty food cooked for him, he will like the cook no matter who he or she is." Jiang Yanli laughed but tears threatened to fall, being reminded of Wei Wuxian.

"Shijie is different. Wei Ying never misses a day without praising you." Lan Wangji went on. It felt so good to he speaking of Wei Wuxian. His Wei Ying!

"Yeah, yeah... I know." Jiang Yanli said, wiping away her tears, "I must really make him Lotus Rib soup once he returns. He mist be missing it a lot."

"Mn." Lan Wangji hummed, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Not bothering Lan Wangji anymore, Jiang Yanli excused herself. And soon Lan Wangji was left alone, with his own thoughts and heavy heart.

-

It had been around three months since Wei Wuxian disappeared. Life had been great. The common folk calmed down and continued their lives as if the Wen tyranny had never happened. Life finally seemed to take a good turn.

But not for Lan Wangji. Neither for him nor his family. They awaited Wei Wuxian's arrival.

Lan Wangji hadn't felt real since Wei Wuxian disappeared. Nothing had felt real since Wei Wuxian disappeared. Nothing except the little bundle of joy that grew in him.

Well, nothing has felt real since Wei Wuxian had been thrown deep into the evil of Burial Mounds!

And he wished, he hoped, that soon, life would be as joyous as it had been once in his life!

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Your long wait is over! Wei Wuxian will make his appearance ok the next chapter!! 🥳🥳🥳