🔹𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊🔹

In the deep darkness of the Yiling forest, the night was deathly still. In these parts, few animals made their home in its desolate and inhospitable woods, so with the exception of the occasional fluttering of wings or creaking of branches; silence reigned.

There were few od men standing in an uneasy crowd beyond the boundary of Wei Wuxian's wards. The unnatural wind of the Burial Mounds tossed the hems of their robes like weeds in a current, their hair unruly about their throats and faces. At the sight of Wei Ying and Lan Wangji they stand straighter. Some of them begin to whisper to each other.

"Young Master Wei, you are back." They cried, when both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian made their way through the ward.

"Yeah, how have you guys been?" Wei Wuxian questioned.

"Good. We have begun to grow potatoes." One of them replied while they walked behind Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian could hear the whispers gradually getting louder at the sight of Lan Wangji, so he announced,

"This is Lan Wangji, my husband. He will be staying with us from now on."

"Young Master Wei, your husband?" Another man commented, "We never thought you would bring him here."

"What do you mean you two will be staying here?" Another old man asked. "Aren't you returning back to your sect?"

"Let's discuss all this later. Now get back to your works. I will show Lan Zhan around." Wei Wuxian stated and the old men complied, leaving both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian alone.

"They are all Wen Qing's family." Wei Wuxian to Lan Wangji.

"Mn." Lan Wangji hummed, looking around as this was the first time he had been in Burial Mounds.

"Lan Zhan, this isn't Cloud Recesses or any other sects." Wei Wuxian remarked at Lan Wangji's curious gaze, "This is Burial Mounds."

"I know." Lan Wangji responded.

"Then what are you looking at for, here and there?" Wei Wuxian teased.

"I want to know more of the place where Wei Ying had been the past three months."

"Once again, HanGuang-Jun, you are at the Burial Mounds. There is really nothing much to see except for the trees." Wei Wuxian reminded, repeating his words from earlier.

Lan Wangji looked at him, brows furrowed and jaw tightened, "I know." He said more sharply this time.

Wei Wuxian laughed at his husband's little stoic tantrum, so loud that Lan Wangji could not help but smile either.

"Lan Zhan, you acting more and more cute these days. Is it because of the pregnancy?" Wei Wuxian whispered.

"No such thing." Lan Wangji said, his ears turning red.

"Second Master Lan, if having you pregnant makes me see different sides of you, then I wouldn't mind stuffing more babies into you." Wei Wuxian winked.

"Wei Ying...!" Lan Wangji's heart thundered in him. His husband was shameless as to talk such things in the broad daylight.

Just when Wei Wuxian was about to tease his husband some more, a little shout came by.

"Xian gege...! Xian gege...!"

"Hey, A-yaun!"

"Xian gege!" A-yaun screams again, running towards Wei Wuxian and jumping on him, who carried him swiftly.

"Little radish, here you are!"

"Xian gege, toys?" A-yaun asked, giggling.

"Toys, toys, toys!" Wei Wuxian repeated, "You always want toys. Don't you want Xian gege anymore?" Wei Wuxian pouted.

"Hehe... I want... I want toys too...."A-yaun giggled harder when Wei Wuxian tickled him.

"Here, I brought you a handsome gege so you could play with." Wei Wuxian said pointing at Lan Wangji, who stood there slightly confused.

"Whose child?" Lan Wangji could not stop himself from asking at the mention of his name.

"Mine. I birthed him. See, does he look handsome like me?" Wei Wuxian plastered his face with the little boy's, waiting for Lan Wangji to comment.

But all that Lan Wangji did was, huff in his own way which earned an even more loud laughter from Wei Wuxian.

"Handsome gege..." A-yaun said, waving his hands towards Lan Wangji asking him to be carried up.

Lan Wangji followed, taking the little boy from his husband's arms.

"Oh, A-Yuan has forgotten his Xian-gege!" Wei Ying continues to wail. "What will this Xian-gege do now?"

"Wei Ying is being dramatic." Lan Wangji commented.

"Can I not be, husband? This is so unfair. A-yaun, you stick to your handsome gege I don't want you anymore. Don't come to me when you have no one to play. And you know what, soon you have a little brother or sister and I won't let him play with you."

A-yuan being the smartest boy caught the main in point, "Brother or sister?"

"Yes." Wei Wuxian beamed proudly.

"How?" A-yaun looked puzzled.

"There, your handsome gege has one already in him." Wei Wuxian winked at Lan Wangji who looked away.

"Where?" A-yaun whipped his head around, wriggling in Lan Wangji's arms to find a brother or sister.

"A-yaun," It was Lan Wangji, "Xian gege is-..." Just when Lan Wangji was about to correct Wei Wuxian's sentence, Wen Qing came in.

"Wei Wuxian, you better make things clear now." She demanded.

"What things?" Wei Wuxian asked, muddled.

"About your and your husband's stay in Burial Mounds."

"What about that? Can we not stay here?"

"You cannot. You two belong to your own sects. Get yourselves out of here right now." Wen spat.

"Wen Qing, you should be a little kinder. Shouldn't you? It's Lan Zhan's first time here." Wei Wuxian muttered.

"No one asked you to bring him over." Wen Qing spat back.

"Aiyaa, now what makes this Wen Guniang so hot tempered today?" Wei Wuxian asked, placing his hands over his hip, demanding for an answer.

"Wei Wuxian, could you stop playing around? Do you even know what you are doing? You have done more than enough for us by saving our lives. There is no need for you to do all this. You are going against the world!" Wen Qing's tone was almost pleading.

"Wen Qing, Jin's are after you all." Wei Wuxian stated plainly.

"So what?" She yelled. "It doesn't mean that you have to kill yourself to protect us."

"Wen Guniang," Lan Wangji spoke, "Wei Ying will never forgive himself if anything happens to any one of you."

"Lan Wangji," Wen Qing barked at him too. "What's gotten onto you? Shouldn't you be the one to knock some sense into his shitty brain?"

"Wei Ying is on the right." Lan Wangji declared.

"He may be on the right but his path is wrong."

"The path does not matter as long as the final destination is right." Lan Wangji stated more ginrky this time and his words warmed Wei Wuxian so much that he could not control the tears that burned his eyes.

His husband, so noble and righteous!