🔹𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙🔹

That night Wei Wuxian slept on a high branch of a tee.

And the next morning, he woke up to the sounds of hustling and bustling. He looked down from the branch only to see that the Wen remnants were packing, running here and there, appearing to be very busy.

Wei Wuxian flew down from his place and soon spotted Wen Qing around the corner.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked, puzzled.

Wen Qing turned around and smiled for the first time in ages before saying, "Good morning."

Wei Wuxian yawned sleepily and mumbled a good morning before repeating the question again.

"Of course we are packing. We are leaving." Wen Qing announced.

"Leaving? Where?"

"Lan Wangji did not tell you?" Wen Qing asked

Well, Lan Wangji indeed had said that he wanted to say something last night but then, they had got into the fight. And so, he did not know.

"No." Wei Wuxian shook his head.

"Last night, Lan Wangji received a letter from his brother. The Lan clan has accepted to take us into Cloud Recesses."

"What?!" Wei Wuxian was stunned for a moment and could not believe his ears.

The Lans' had decided to take them in?!

"Where is Lan Zhan?" Wei Wuxian asked looking around for a sign of his husband.

"Lan Wangji left already. He said that he needed to help his brother to prepare the arrangements for us."

"Lan Zhan left?" Wei Wuxian yelled. "How could he leave alone? He did not tell a word to me?!"

"You were sleeping."

"He could have woken me up. What was he even thinking? How could he ride all alone to Gusu?" Wei Wuxian was furious at the same time, worried.

He was immersed in his own thoughts that he did not see Wen Qing leaving and kept on ranting to himself.

Time flew by and it was already evening. Their were Gusu cultivators waiting outside the ward and soon they helped the Wen refugees mount the sword with them and before long, Burial Mounds was left behind.

The mountain was as empty as it used to be and Wei Wuxian looked back one last time before inhaling sharply.

If anyone knew how dangerous Burial Mounds could be, they knew very little for Wei Wuxian had, been here alone and then had built life on it. No one knew better than him about the dark forest for he had experienced every single wrath of this mountain.

He was glad that finally they could leave!

-

Almost a day later, they found themselves under the foot of the mountain and soon Lan Xichen came to escorted them to their quarters.

Wei Wuxian looked behind Lan Xichen for a sign of Lan Wangji but unfortunately he could not find his husband.

"Xichen Ge, where is Lan Zhan?" He asked finally, feeling very nervous.

"Wangji is in." Lan Xichen replied shortly before diverting his attention towards the Wen refugees.

"Some of you can live in this wing over here," Lan Xichen told them after everyone had eaten, leading the Wens through the Cloud Recesses to show them around their new home. "We rebuilt the compound to its previous specifications just a few months ago, but we lost so many disciples during the war that there's more room than we know what to do with. Does it look suitable, Maiden Wen?"

"Thank you." Wen Qing said, her eyes full of approving and gratitude.

"Where will A-yaun stay?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Everyone turned to stare at the boy nestled in Wei Wuxian's arms, cooing like a turtledove against the boy's neck. The child reached up for Wei Wuxian's red ribbon, and Wei Wuxian laughed and kissef A-Yuan's tiny fingers in an attempt to keep them out of his hair.

Lan Xichen considered the yearning look, and then turned to Wen Qing and Wen Ning.

"Who is A-Yuan's guardian?" he asked. "You said he was kin to you, but his parents..."

"He's our y... younger cousin, Zewu-jun," Wen Ning explained. "Our great-aunt has been looking after him, but her age...she was hurt, you remember, and even Jiejie couldn't treat her because we didn't have any supplies."

"Would she agree to let him be adopted into the main clan? He would live near all of you, of course, and come back to visit whenever you and Madam Wen wish it."

Wen Qing blinked in confusion. "I suppose?" she said, glancing at Granny Wen and then back at Lan Xichen. "But why?"

"Then, can I keep him with us in Jinghshi?" Wei Wuxian asked, hurriedly.

"That's yours and Wangji's decision. I have no say in it." Lan Xichen spoke dryly and it made Wei Wuxian feel strange. Lan Xichen was really acting cold towards him.

May be... Lan Wangji had already told him of their fight last night?

"He would be brought up as a Lan," Lan Xichen clarified to Wen Qing. "Unless you would rather he keep the name Wen."

"No, it would be better for him to be a Lan, but I am afraid if the Lan Clan elders would agree for it." Wen Qing said.

"I will speak to them. They would agree."

"That's good then. Thank you, Lan-Zongzhu." Wen Qing bowed.

"Thank you, Lan-Zongzhu." The other Wen refugees bowed too.

"Have some rest then. Everyone must be tired after the long journey."

And with that, Lan Xichen bowed turned around and left.

"You should rest too." Wen Qing said to Wei Wuxian.

"I have to see Lan Zhan first." Wei Wuxian said.

"What happened between you two? It seems like you are on a fight with him?"

Wei Wuxian looked at Wen Qing and shrugged it off. "Which couple don't fight? The more you fight, the more your love grows." Wei Wuxian cried, handing over A-yaun to Wen Ning and walking off to the direction of Jingshi.

"This is Lan gege's home?" A-yaun asked for the nth time day.

He had been asking the same question again and again since they departed Burial Mounds.

"This is." Uncle Four nodded.

"We will stay here from now on." Granny Wen added.

Wei Wuxian heard this conversation and he fact so glad that finally the Wens did not have to live in that haunted place. That finally clouds would be clear above them.

The only worried and concerned thought that he had in him right now was: Lan Wangji.

He hoped that things would get sought out between him and Lan Zhan soon so that all the tragedies could finally come to an end. He really hoped that things would turn out to be alright.

But little did he know that things had already gone wrong. Very wrong.