It took me a few days to muddle the idea in my head. Chances are I won't get the case, so it's not really a conflict of interest. Besides, she seemed a lot better and how can I get mad at her for that? Yes, killing is morally wrong and I especially take that to heart as a lawyer.

However, as a human, I can acknowledge that she had her reasons. She did a bad thing, but she had her reasons. I mean, isn't it really for the greater good in the end? No one could possibly have benefited from Ivy's presence on the earth. Then comes my logical brain, reminding me of the solid ethics in this scenario.

Could she have improved? I think the answer's no. I mean her behavior had been pointed out to her several times. She always failed to acknowledge any wrong she'd done in a situation. Even if she did, she always felt she was justified. But in reality, she wasn't, her actions weren't even reactionary. She was simply an antagonist in the lives of every person she ever met.

So maybe Ally did a bad thing, but maybe it can be justified? I decided to pop in on my lunch break, I've been skipping out on it for the last few days. Just trying to get my head together before I decided to see her again. I walk through the doors and sit at my usual table. Amber coming to take my order and leaving to get it ready.

Does that girl ever have a day off? As I'm scrolling on my phone, looking for something to distract me, I hear someone clear their throat. I look up to see Ally with a hesitant smile on her face. I don't say anything at first, I just stand and wrap my arms around her. She quickly reciprocates and sighs into my shoulder.

"Hi" I whisper, "hi" she echos in the same tone. I pull away and smile widely at her, getting an even bigger smile in response. No words about it are exchanged, there seems to be a mutual understanding. Either that or an unwillingness to break up the moment. She sits down across from me and we start talking like normal.

She tells me more about her and I let her in on a little bit of my life too. Amber brings over my things and I share them with Ally. Even though she insists I don't have to, I make her. I remember her telling me how she forgets to eat when they get busy. After I'm done, we just continue to talk well past the end of my break.

"Oh shit! You have to get back" she exclaims after glancing at her watch. "Don't worry about it. I'm enjoying myself" I utter while staring at her. "W-well I would want you to get fired because of me. Though I'd happily let you work here" she jokes. "They won't fire me. I'm not even supposed to be working today" I explain.

"Oh... so that means you're... free?" She asks, "I suppose you could say that" I tease. She rolls her eyes playfully then gets serious all of a sudden. "Would you like to go dinner with me?" She asks softly, her nerves peeking through. "Of course" I answer without hesitation and she grins, her eyes crinkling a bit.

"Umm... can I tell you something?" She asks nervously, "Well considering... I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can't tell me" I giggle. She looks down shyly before raising her eyes and locking her gaze on mine. "I really like you, y/n. I know it's really soon and maybe I should be grieving but... I don't know. It felt like her and I weren't really married anymore, for a long time..." she confesses.

I can't find the words but a wide smile just continues to spread on my face. "Uhh... can you say something? I can't tell if that's like a 'awww you're so cute' smile or a 'this bitch is out of her mind' smile" she giggles shyly. "Definitely the first one" I whisper and she blushes while biting her lip.

"Wait... did the Ally Mayfair just ask me on a date?" I question funnily, "maybe..." she smiles softly. "Are you saying yes?" She asks quietly, "maybe..." I whisper leaning closer to her. She glances down at my lips before her eyes flicker back up to mine. "Aww do you wanna kiss me, Ally?" I ask teasingly and she blushes.

"I-If you'd want that..." she mumbles, I don't reply with words. I get up and gently ease her further into the booth, taking the space next to her. Her chest starts to move more rapidly as she glances over me. "Go on then" I mutter, she stares into my eyes for a moment and I nod letting her know it's ok.

She scoots a bit closer to me, our thighs touching now. She hesitantly brings a hand up to cup my cheek. I just let her get comfortable, waiting for her to be ready. She keeps looking to my eyes to check and I just look at her, smiling reassuringly. Her hand cautiously caresses my waist as she leans in closer.

"Are you sure?" She asks in a hushed tone, her voice much more steady than before. "A hundred percent" I reply and she nods, looking down at my lips while licking her own. She finally closes the gap between us, our lips moving together gently. She slowly deepens the kiss, her hand on my cheek moving to the back of my neck.

The hand resting on my waist trailing down to my inner thigh. She squeezes it gently making me let out a soft whimper into the kiss. She pulls away and we both open our eyes quickly. I don't miss the smirk on her face as she stares at me. A completely different look in her eyes than before.

"Damn" I breathe out and she laughs, her face scrunching in the cutest way. "You're cute when you're in shock" she giggles, "and you're adorable when you blush" I counter. She blushes a bit at the comment and I don't even hesitate before leaning in to kiss her. One of my hands coming to rest near her neck and the other rests on her thigh.

She puts both her hands on my cheek as we kiss passionately. I move my hand up higher on her thigh and squeeze. I feel her shudder and pull me closer so I move my hand higher. Almost touching her pussy I squeeze again, a bit harder. She moans softly and pulls away with a heavy blush on her cheeks.

"Fuck you're hot" I whisper, caressing her cheek. She looks at me wide-eyed but in an almost lovey dovey way. "You're so beautiful" I tell her, she smiles and buries her face in my neck. "How are you so sexy and then so sweet?" She mumbles, "I'm like the ultimate sour patch" I chuckle.

"Let's go, hmm" I hum questioningly, she nods and intertwines our fingers. We both get out the booth and head outside but she won't let go of my hand. "Honey, you have to let go if you ever wanna get anywhere" I chuckle, "fine" she mutters with a pout. She pecks my lips and quickly pulls away.

"Oz might come to dinner with us tonight. It's just that I've been leaving him with the babysitter so often and-" "that's perfectly fine, love. I'd love to have dinner with the both of you" I say, stopping her rambling. "Ok good" she sighs, grabbing both my hands and coming in for a longer kiss.

"Well I love you too" I giggle and she blushes, biting her lip softly. "I love you" she whispers, placing one more kiss on my cheek before reluctantly pulling away for good. "I'll see you later" she says, "see you later" I reply. She stands there for a minute before jogging off to her car like she has to force herself to go.

She glances at me one more time before ducking inside her car and closing the door. I get in my own and start it up, watching as she pulls out the car park. That woman may very well be the death of me and I'd welcome it with open arms.