"Why are you so n-nice to me?" She questions softly, I stare at her trying to see if she's talking to me or herself. She turns and widens her eyes at me, awaiting an answer. "I'm nice to you because you deserve it" I state honestly, "bullshit" she scoffs.

"Ally I don't understand where this is coming from" I utter, confused at her sudden behavior. "All the compliments a-and the smiles. What do you want from me? Did Ivy put you up to this? I ju-" "you really think I would do all this... for Ivy?" I ask sadly, my voice no louder than a whisper.

"Well..." she questions, keeping up her cold persona. Her body language read completely different, she's practically shaking. "This isn't you Ally. Tell me what happened" I note, taking steps closer to her. She backs herself into the counter and I give her space so she doesn't feel trapped.

"H-how would you know who I am?" She stutters, "because the Ally I know is sweet, and caring, and trusting. I know Ivy has fucked with you more times than I can count on both hands. But I'm not out to get you, honey. I care about you, that's why I'm here" I explain slowly and calmly.

She stares at me, her arms crossed over her stomach. "Jesus" she mutters under her breath, turning away from me and leaning against the counter with her hands supporting her. I don't say anything for a moment, giving her a minute to collect herself. "I know. I'm weak and pathetic. You don't d-deserve this... y-you should go" she whispers.

"Ally..." I mutter sadly, "please..." she begs. "I'm not leav-" "please hold me" she cries and I rush over to take her in my arms. She shakes in my arms as sobs escape her. It brings tears to my own eyes as I watch her break in front of me. I hold her tightly, keeping my arms around her in hopes of protecting her.

Protecting her from the world, from herself and her deprecating thoughts. Once she's calmed down a bit I pull away slightly. Just enough so I can wipe her tears with the end of my sleeve. I try my best to get the makeup off without smudging it all over her face. "God I probably look a fright" she giggles, "you look beautiful" I smile as she looks at me seriously.

"Y-you don't think I'm crazy?" She asks in a whisper, tears finding their way back to her eyes. "Of course not. You're not crazy for having emotions, Ally. We all have them. And this is incredibly overwhelming for anyone in your position. You know, Charlotte Brontë once said, crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive" I tell her.

"You're so... sweet" she mutters, "not as sweet as those desserts. My god I'm drooling just thinking of them" I moan jokingly. She nudges my arm and pulls away to dab her face with a napkin. "Jokes aside... I'm just not used to people being so kind to me" she explains, "well I hope I can change that" I wink.

"Thank you, y/n. For everything" she expresses honestly, "no need. I'm just doing what any person should do for someone as wonderful as you" I dismiss. "You are certainly not like most people I've met. You're far more amazing" she blushes, "as are you" I counter.

"I should probably clean this up now" she sighs, "I'll help you, don't worry" I offer. Rolling up my sleeves and walking over to the sink. "You don't have to do that. I invited you, you shouldn't be washing dishes" she pouts. "After all your delightful cooking, trust me, it's the least I can do" I smile.

Picking up a plate and starting to scrub it, "fine. But I'm drying them" she argues and I just chuckle. Handing it to her when I'm finished, seeing her smiling shyly at me. Once we're all finished up we grab our things and she locks the door. "Thank you again for tonight" she states, turning towards me.

"Again, you don't have to thank me for that. We're friends now, that's what friends do" I shrug. Though I'm beginning to think I like her a bit more than a friend should. "Of course... well. Have a good night" she whispers, "you too" I reply. Just before we separate and walk to our respective cars she surprises me.

She almost tackles me into a hug, wrapping her arms around me in a death grip. I cough a bit and return the sentiment, a chuckle leaving my lips. "Tonight meant more to me than I can ever express. I really appreciate you" she whispers in my ear, "I'm glad I could help" I reply as we pull out of the hug.

She bites her lip and waves at me as she backs up to her car. I wave back and turn around to get in my own. I look out my rearview mirror to make sure she got in safely. Starting up my car after and smiling to myself. I watch as she pulls out the spot, honking her horn twice at me. I beep back and start heading my own way home.