Chris's pov
Getting her in the house was no easy feat but I managed. Turns out she lives in a penthouse so that was interesting. I finally got her to the bed and sighed as I laid her on it. "Chris, don't go" she mumbles, "I think it's best if I do" I reason. "But I'm not tired yet. Just talk to me?" She mutters, opening her eyes for a few seconds.

Well she'll fall asleep soon, right? "Ok" I agree and settle down on the opposite side of the bed. Resting my back on the headboard and looking down at her. "I meant what I said" she whispers, tilting her head to actually look at me. I don't know what to say so I just don't say anything.

"I've missed you so much, more than you can imagine" she says softly, "you remember that one time we went to Vegas?" She chuckles, a smile comes to my face as I recall it. "It hadn't rained in WEEKS and we went out to the strip only to have it start pouring raining! God I was so fucking mad, but then..." she trails.

"Then I saw you... staring up at the sky with the biggest smile I'd ever seen. So I looked up too. It felt magical. The lights on the street allowed me to actually see the raindrops and then the stars as the backdrop. I think that's the best experience I've ever had" she reminisces. "Yeah, it was a pretty good night" I chime in.

"I want to make more memories like that... with you" she expresses, "Brie... you're drunk" I remind her and myself. "And? That doesn't mean I'm not speaking the truth" she claims. "I love you, Chris" she adds, "don't say that" I shake my head. "Why not? It's true" she professes.

"Please Brie... just go to sleep" I whisper, "will you stay until I do?" She questions timidly. "Yeah" I reply simply, "will you hold me? Like you used to" she expresses. "That's really not-" "please" she interjects and I sigh. I nod and she turns over with her back facing me.

I hesitantly lay down beside her and slide my left leg between hers. Our legs curling together to form an almost bow-like shape. I wrap my left arm around her waist and let my right rest underneath my head. She takes my hand in hers and plays with my fingers. "I miss this the most..." she whispers sadly and I sigh softly.

"Good night" she mutters, "good night" I reply. I lie awake until her soft snores fill the room. I then carefully slip out of her hold and head towards the door. Slipping my shoes on and closing the door so lightly like my life depends on it. In this moment in time, it feels like it does.

I order an Uber as I ride the elevator back down and exit on the lobby floor. Leaning against the exterior wall of her building as I wait impatiently. Scanning the area around me as I somehow expect her to pop out. I think about everything she's said in the last half hour and I groan.

Just when I thought I was over her she comes barreling back in my heart like a semi. I can't let her back in. I mean It's just like J Cole said, right? Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you. It's my responsibility to keep my heart safe and I really don't think I can trust her again.

I arrive at my house and rush in, throwing all my clothes off like they're on fire. I hop in the shower and get clean then get dressed and get in bed. I stare at the ceiling as I continue to reply everything that happened today. I eventually overthink myself into exhaustion and pass out.