It's been two weeks since I talked to Ally. I suppose I just want to give her space to process everything. I've finally finished up the divorce papers, they're ready if she ever wants to go through with it. I've been going to butchery every day for lunch as usual, but she hasn't been there.

I assume she's just busy with other things, I mean I don't really know that much about her. I decided not to go today, only because I was slammed with cases. It's Friday and I don't wanna come back to a shit ton of paperwork. I finish the last of my work and shut down my computer with a sigh.

I grab my things and say my goodbyes to everyone before heading out. Getting into my car and slumping in the seat after cranking it up. My phone starts ringing, I ignore it as I don't have the energy. I finally open my eyes after my little moment of rest and grab my cell.

The screen lights up and shows one missed call from Ally. My eyebrows furrow and I quickly tap it to call her back. It rings a few times before she picks up and her voice almost startled me. "Hi!" she exclaims, "uh hey" I reply confused. "Oh... are you busy?" she asks, disappointment weighing heavy on her tone.

"No, not at all. What's up?" I ask softly, "well I was calling to see if you'd wanna come over for dinner?" She asks nervously. "Sure" I reply, "ok, fantastic. I'll see you at 7" she states. I agree and we say our goodbyes. She hangs up leaving me with a weird feeling in my stomach.

It's great seeing hearing her so happy, I'm just worried as to where it came from. It's a drastic change from before and I just wonder what's changed. I put my car in drive and head to my house, wondering what I'll wear tonight.

a few hours later...

I arrive at the address she sent and get out the car. Knocking firmly on the door and taking a step back to wait for her. Within seconds the door swings open and she has a big smile on her face. The kind where her tongue peeks out a little from behind her teeth. I smile in return and she pulls me into a hug.

I take my shoes off, closing and locking the door behind me. She leads me over to the table which is already set. Scurrying off to the kitchen to grab the food, coming back shortly after with two steaming plates. She sets one down in front of me and then sits next to me at the table.

It's silent for a while as I pick at the lasagna, it's delicious don't get me wrong. I just really don't have a good feeling about this for some reason. "What's wrong?" Ally asks, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turn to her and shake my head softly, "long day, that's all" I lie and she nods.

"I noticed you didn't come in today" she mutters, "you were there?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Funny thing, security cameras" she responds, I chuckle and nod taking a sip of wine. "You sound happier..." I note, turning to her so I can see her reaction. "Yeah. I guess I am" she shrugs, a little smile adorning her features.

"Any... reason for that?" I ask and she turns to me, a suspicious look on her face. As if asking me what I know. "Nope" she says simply, turning back to her food. "Well actually... I'm always happier when you're around" she adds with a shy smile. I hate to ruin a cute moment like this but I can't ignore it.

"As adorable as that is, I know you're lying. You do get that it's my job to do that right?" I remind her, "I'm not lying" she counters. I glance over her seeing that she's tense. I nod and turn back to my food letting silence fall over us again. "Y/n..." she mumbles, "mhm" I hum in response.

"If I... if I tell you the truth, you might not wanna see me again" she sighs, "well there's only one way to find out" I comment. She takes a deep breath and turns to look me in the eyes. Playing with her fingers as she bites her lip nervously. "I did something bad" she whispers, "I'm sure it's not that bad" I assure her.

"No. No- it is. I umm... I killed Ivy" she stutters and I struggle to hold back a laugh. "I'm sorry- I- I get like saying the worst thing to make it seem less bad but like... come on" I giggle. "I'm serious, y/n" she states, I look into her eyes and my smile drops. She's actually not joking.

I stare at her for a while without saying anything. "And it felt... it felt good. She didn't think I would do it either, she thought I was bluffing. And then I just watched- I smiled" she recalls, "Ally. Stop" I say standing up. "Wait! W-what do you mean? Where are you going?" She asks quickly, "Ally, I can't be hearing this" I mutter.

I slip on my shoes and grab my keys with a swiftness. "But you- I knew it" she sighs, chewing on her lip as she crosses her arms over her stomach. "For fucks sake, Ally. I'm a lawyer you can't just- you can't just tell me you murdered someone and expect me to have a good reaction" I point out. "But s-she deserved it, you-" "don't do that" I stop her.

"I never said she deserved to die. I mean yes, she was a fucking cunt and she treated you like shit. So of course I thought she deserved pain but to kill her? Fuck... Ally... you can't just kill people" I close my eyes tightly as I feel a headache coming on. "I- I didn't mean to upset you..." she sniffles.

"I just... I need time, ok?" I sigh, turning to see her with tears in her eyes. She nods quickly, her bottom lip quivering. "Don't cry" I whisper, stepping closer to her to wipe her tears. Despite how tricky this situation is, I can't just leave her like this. "I'm sorry" she mumbles, looking up at me as my hands are on her cheeks.

"I know" I reply, taking a deep breathing and sighing. "This is just complicated for me" I explain, "I know" she mutters. "H-how did you do it? I know I said I didn't wanna know but... tell me" I inquire, "I poisoned her. Arsenic in her pasta... b-but I would never-" "I know" I reassure her.

She smiles sadly and places her hands on top of my own that still rest on her cheeks. "I have to go now" I whisper, "ok" she replies softly. Letting her hands fall as mine do the same. I glance at her as I walk out the door and she waves slowly. "Good night, Ally" I say, "good night, y/n" she replies.