We walk in silence as the breeze whistles through the streets. The bit of remaining sunlight illuminating the pieces of pavement that the streetlamps don't reach. Stars begin dimly twinkling in the sky with no other motive than simply existing. I turn to look at Fiona who looks like a disgruntled child.

Gripping her cigarette firmly in one hand while the other is crossed over her torso. "Listen. I understand that you're used to running things around here. I'm not one to usurp authority or anything but the way you do things is wrong. Being feared isn't a good thing" I comment, "it gets people to do what I want" she claims.

"I thought you might say that. Manipulating people into doing what you want them to do, takes away from their humanity. If people controlled you all your life, you'd be a completely different person. The only reason you are the person you are now, is because people never corrected you" I point out.

"I know you're not this harsh person, you can't be. You have Cordelia and I know you love her, you have to. I also understand life being a complete pain in the ass and often feeling like a waste of time. I mean if you're not getting what you want out of it, what's the point?" I say and she turns to me, tossing her cigarette and coming to a stop.

"What could you possibly know about hardship? About strife? You've barely lived long enough to get out of diapers" she asserts. "Everyone's life moves at a different pace, Fiona. However that's not the point I'm trying to make, which you very well know" I challenge and she turns back forward and keeps walking.

"There's someone inside of you, just like all of us, that is sweet and kind. I know people in the past may have not made it a safe environment for you to be that person. Don't get me wrong, you're badass and that's awesome. Yet when it's at the expense of love, is it really worth it? I just want you to think about how your actions affect everyone else" I voice.

"Who gives a damn? I've always been this way and they get with the program" she mutters. I stop and turn her by her shoulders so I can look in her eyes. "Fiona. You have to let it go. I don't know what it is that you're holding onto, but you have to let it go. If not for yourself, or the girls... do it for Delia. She needs you Fiona" I stress.

"And not the kick ass take questions later Fiona. She needs her mother. I can tell you know what it's like to not be cared for by the one person that's supposed to love you unconditionally. Delia isn't like you, she can't just shut off her emotions. So, naturally, her response to your treatment is different than yours with your mother" I state.

"Don't talk about that" she mumbles, trying to turn away from me but I keep a hold on her. "You have to face it. It fucking sucks. Everyone wants parents that, at the very least, give a shit about them. It's not like that for some of us, and it hurts. It's ok to feel like that. It's NOT ok to take that out on others, especially your own daughter" I reply.

"You don't wanna leave Delia feeling like she's unwanted, Fiona. She's one of the most forgiving souls I've ever met, but she struggles with you. A lot" I note. She's silent for a while and I move my hands off her shoulder to put them in my pockets. "Do you think she still loves me?" She asks softly, "of course she does" I affirm.

"I'm dug too deep. I can't fix it now" she assumes, "yes, you can. She's not that hard to win over" I joke. "You're good for her" she whispers, I smiled shyly and roll my eyes playfully. "Thanks" I mutter, she takes a deep breath and runs her fingers through her hair. "Well it's colder than a mother-in-law's love out here. Let's head back" she says.

I chuckle and shake my head at her saying and grab her hand. "Oh no you don't. We're going to get a gift for Delia" I state as I pull her further towards town. "What in gods name are you on about?" She inquires, allowing me to pull her though. "I promised I'd get her something for going out so late. I've got no clue what this 'surprise' is but I've gotta get her one" I say.

"Just tell her you forgot" she utters, "oh no no no no no. If I promise her, she expects it, and I don't break a promise. Therefore, we're going to go look for a present and you're going to get one for her too" I exclaim happily. "I can see why she likes you" she grumbles, "oh shut it you old coot. Cheer up! She's going to be really surprised when she sees you got her something" I promise.

"Alright, alright" she agrees, I let go of her hand and we walk quickly side my side. Ducking in and out of various shops in search of good gifts. Once I've got mine I go over to Fiona and see her picking something out. "Why that?" I ask, "she'll know why" she smiles.

I settle for her answer and we pay for our pickings before leaving and heading back home. "Thank you" she mumbles, "sorry? What was that? Did you just... thank me?" I tease her and she pushes me. Damn near making me fall off the sidewalk and onto the street. "You're welcome" I say softly and she produces a small smile.

"You know, this version of you... reminds me a lot of Delia" I mutter. "That means a lot" she expresses, "well enough sappy shit, right? Let's get back in here and get ready for dinner. Also wait to give her your gift until tomorrow" I mention. "I don't know what sort of plan you've got going on, but ok" she chuckles deeply.

We go in, both of us going to our separate rooms. "Hi, baby" I greet Delia as she sits on a chair and lotions her legs. She smiles widely and gestures for me to come over. She pulls me on her lap and kisses me passionately as if we haven't seen each other in days. "Sweetheart I was only gone for like an hour" I tease, "and I missed you terribly" she pouts.

Her face suddenly perks up and she starts shaking me gently. "Gimme my present" she exclaims like a child on Christmas Day. "Ok ok you little gremlin" I joke, I pull out the bag from behind me and hand to her. She squints as she opens it and pulls out the item.

"Y/n

"Y/n... it's beautiful..." she smiles up at me, "know what it means?" I ask and she shakes her head, holding it up for me to put it on. I go behind her and unclamp it, pulling it back and around her neck as she lifts her hair. "Well... the sapphire is your birthstone, so I thought that was a nice touch. I also know how you love blue" I whisper.

"I got it in the shape of a butterfly because whenever I see them, they make me think of you" I clip the necklace and move so she can see me again. "And why's that?" She smirks, "well for one, they go through an immense metamorphosis. I've seen you change so much in the short time we've been together and I'm always in awe of you" I express.

She blushes and smiles softly as I continue. "Also because of how beautiful they are and how effortless they make everything look. It's mainly about their wings, though. They can't always see just how gorgeous they are, but the rest of us do. So I'll be there to remind my butterfly, how irresistible she is" I grin.

Tears fill her eyes a bit and she blinks them away. Pulling me in swiftly for a tight hug and thanking me. "No need" I whisper, we stay in each others arms for a few minutes before she lets go. "So, not to ruin the mood but, do we have to cook tonight or..." I ask, "oh fuck no, I'm ordering take out" she decides.

"Oh my gosh! The headmistress swears" I gasp, "I do a lot of other things too" she teases. "God help me" I sigh, "I think I can handle that" she whispers pulling me in for a kiss.