4

We make our way into the bedroom and I grab some pyjamas for the both of us. I wear the long pants and she requests the shorts. We both take showers and while she's taking hers, I go downstairs to take my meds. I come back up and as soon as my body touches the bed she comes out of the bathroom. Perfect timing I suppose. "Well hey there" she says sliding in next to me and turning on her side to face me. "Hi" I say shyly and she smirks a bit moving closer to me. "Are you nervous?" She teases and I just look into her eyes getting lost.

"No" I say confidently and her smirk just seems to get wider. "So what are we gonna do? Movies... talking..." she suggests and I shrug a bit. "Anything is good with me" I say struggling to keep my eyes open because they're heavy from the meds. "Maybe just a little talking since you seem tired" she says softly and I nod. "I'll ask you answer?" She says and I nod again not really wanting to think about questions. "How are you?" She asks quietly, "I'm good" I say looking at her.

"No. I mean HOW are you?" She says slowly and I shrug. "You do that when you know the answer but don't wanna say it" she says sternly. "I'm here am I not? I feel like that's good enough" I say honestly. She glances down for a moment before her eyes return to meet mine. "You know you're amazing right?" She questions, "sure" I chuckle and she moves even closer. "I'm serious" she says, her eyes quickly flickering to my lips and back.

"Can I ask a question?" I say smiling lightly and she nods. "Do you wanna kiss me?" I ask boldly and she smiles softly before biting her lip. "Do you want me to kiss you?" She asks smugly, "you're not supposed to answer a question with a question Ms.Anderson" I said closing my eyes for a second. When I opened them her face was mere centimetres away from mine and I could feel her breath on my lips. "Yes" she breathed out and my eyes widened a bit.

"Stop looking so surprised" she whispered before gently placing her lips on mine. I know it seems like bullshit when people say they feel tingles and sparks. But THIS kiss made my body vibrate in a way I'd never felt before. When she pulled away I almost whimpered from the loss of contact. We just looked at each other for a moment, catching our breaths. I didn't want to speak, I didn't want to ruin it and most of all I didn't know what to say.

"Why're you so quiet?" She asks and my body automatically wants to shrug but I refrain. "I don't wanna ruin it" I confess and she shakes her head. "You couldn't" she says simply and bite my lip nervously. She opens her arms and I scoot towards her allowing myself to find comfort in her warmth. "You're so precious" she whispers and I feel like she might want to continue so I stay silent. "Are you ok?" She asks after a few minutes of silence and I still can't find the courage to speak.

I sniffle trying to hold back tears and her grip tightens around me almost instantly. "Sorry" I say stopping the tears before they have a chance to flow. "Don't apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for. You wanna tell me why?" She asks and I shake my head a bit, "don't think you're ruining anything because you're not" she states. I can't hold back any longer and the tears start to cascade down my face. She pulls me on top of her and my face tears in the crook of her neck.

"Why do you- you don't even know me" I say shakily. "Sure I do. I know you're a good person and you're probably the nicest human I've ever met. Besides you don't really know me either and you invited me in your house" she chuckles. "Yeah because how am I supposed to say no to Gillian Anderson" I say. "The same way you say no to everyone else" she says slightly confused. "Then I'll always tell you yes... because I never say no" I blurt out.

She pulls me up for a moment to look at my face and I rest on my elbows to wipe my tears. "You have every right to say no. If someone doesn't respect that, they don't deserve to be in your life" she states. I don't know if that was meant to have the meaning it did, but fuck did I wanna cry even more. I held myself back and buried my face in her neck again and soon I drifted off to sleep.