Chapter 92

It's been a while since I saw the Zhou brothers. Bai Li felt a little guilty about this partner. Before he could speak, Zhou Yue raised his hand to stop him: "I'm just going to check on your situation. It's my younger brother who has something to do."

Zhou Linshan walked up from behind him and greeted Bai Li and Lu Zhao.

"Long time no see, Major General Lu!" Shaking hands with Lu Zhao, Zhou Linshan said with a smile, "I haven't had a chance to thank you, and now I finally met.

" , I was a little surprised by Zhou Linshan's change.

After the differentiation period, Zhou Linshan did show some omega-specific appearance, the lines of his face are more rounded, and his height is estimated to be fixed at the current height.

But his own body does not seem to be weak because of the gender differentiation, the arm muscles are tight and the lines are obvious, and the whole body still contains explosive power under the thin clothing.

"I haven't given up on training," Zhou Linshan said shyly, noticing Lu Zhao's gaze, "After becoming an O, my strength and endurance are indeed not as good as before, but I personally think it just requires me to work harder." Lu Zhao nodded in

agreement .

If we must talk about changes, it is probably that the temperament has become more.

Compared with the people in Lu Zhao's memory, Zhou Linshan in front of him was calmer and calmer.

I have probably fully accepted my differentiated gender, faced the reality calmly, and thus strengthened my goal.

After all, not everyone will have such an experience as him, and will be hit hard at the moment when he is about to embark on a bright future. It's a big blow, so it's not unusual for people to survive.

"I'm really sorry to disturb Mr. Bai Li while he was in the hospital. I originally talked about this idea with Mr. Si," Zhou Linshan scratched the back of his head, embarrassed, "but he said it depends on your opinion."

"What's the matter?" Bai Li asked.

"When I was using the simulation cabin in the research institute, I learned that there was no substitute for the competition. Teacher Si has been contacting people everywhere for the past two days." Zhou Linshan paused, "What do you think of me?" Bai Li was stunned

, Subconsciously glanced at Zhou Yue.

If it was Zhou Linshan who was not differentiated, Bai Li might consider using him. There is really no one available in the research institute. This kid can squeeze out many alphas to be promoted to the first army. He has strength. He is inexperienced, but he is much better than a student like Si Dong. He is a professionally trained talent in the military.

It's just that he's differentiated into O now.

It's not that Bai Li thinks that O can't play, but that once the game is lost, the scene may be ugly.

This in itself is a game in which Bai Li puts all his effort into the last game. In fact, it is possible to win or lose. No matter who plays, it is okay to win, and most of the losers will have psychological pressure-after all, they will always feel that they have failed their trust. .

Compared with others, in addition to the pre-match pressure, if he loses, Zhou Linshan's gender will make him face a more extreme situation.

——"Because you are an omega, it's not surprising that you lose."

Bai Li can almost think of the attitude of those people who used the tone of "this is normal" as a comfort, with contempt in the relief and ridicule in the regret.

Not to mention that Zhou Linshan is going to enter the world, and gossip will overwhelm him.

Sensing Bai Li's gaze, Zhou Yue only nodded.

Bai Li was a little surprised, it seemed that Zhou Yue had acquiesced in his younger brother's choice.

"I know my experience is poor, and I have checked the opponents in the final." Seeing that Bai Li was silent, Zhou Linshan could only speak again, "But I have driven heavy armor, and I am also very familiar with white01, and I am very familiar with both sides. Besides you, I should be the only candidate, and I personally feel that I still have a worthy choice." "

I am an omega," Zhou Linshan said, "If I can win, it will better reflect the white01 model Meaning."

Lu Zhao glanced at Bai Li.

This kind of thinking is also one of the reasons why Bai Li has always insisted on playing the game by himself. As a driver with severely damaged legs, if he wins, the characteristics of white01 will become more prominent.

Bai Li asked: "What did Situ say?"

"Teacher Si said that he is a research and development personnel, and the specific situation is up to you to decide."

Teacher Si actually kicked the difficult question over! Bai Li rubbed his forehead helplessly.

"My grades in school have always been excellent, and my grades in the First Army Corps were also ranked among the top. Before entering the First Army Corps, I also received recruit training in the affiliated Army Corps and participated in some small-scale actual combat," Zhou Linshan said. , "I may not be the best candidate, but I think I deserve your consideration."

To be honest, Bai Li didn't want to use such a young substitute.

In addition to the consideration of actual combat experience, young people's mental instability is also a problem.

At this point in the solicitation competition, the degree of attention has already exceeded Baili's expectations. This is not only the attention of the mecha circle, but also because of the scandal of Lin Sheng and others. After Tang's dirty behavior was exposed, the match between Tang Kaiyuan and Bai Li became a hot topic of discussion.

As soon as Bai Li's image was rectified, he was seriously injured and hospitalized. This is not only Bai Li's regret, but also a pain point in the hearts of many supporters who pay attention to the game.

The person who replaces Bai Li will be under more pressure than Bai Li himself.

"Have you ever thought that once you lose..." Bai Li hesitated for a moment, "The situation you might face?" The

words were very euphemistic, and both Lu Zhao and Zhou Yue understood, and they both looked at Zhou Linshan.

The young man was stunned: "Oh, you are talking about the situation where you will be sprayed to death, right?" The

straightforward answer made Bai Li smile: "Not only that, but also..."

"And I am an O In fact, if you lose, you will be caught and ridiculed for a long time." Zhou Linshan understood and scratched his neck, "I thought about it, it is indeed a bit scary." "So this is not a very simple

matter," Bai Li said, " The pressure before the game is also great."

"I do feel horrible, and I feel nervous before the game," Zhou Linshan was quite frank, and then said, "But from another perspective, I will be in this class, or even this year. The only omega pilot in several mecha competitions."

Bai Li and others were stunned.

"Then I'm just like white01 entering the heavy-armored jungle, entering an area that no one has stepped on?" Zhou Linshan waved his fist, "Just thinking about this, it's too late to think about the pressure and tension!

" A symbol of change, fragility and an urgent need to grow.

It also means hot-blooded and fearless.

Bai Li suddenly realized that it seemed that he could understand it that way.

Thinking about it carefully, he has actually come this far. He rushed into a battlefield where only healthy and strong people could participate, and made a big kill.

People have long realized that he is still that Major General Bai.

Of course there are regrets. I can't sit in the simulation cabin of the finals in person, but looking back at the road I have traveled, every step has left clear and incomparable footprints, and I told him it was worth it.

He opened up a path to a battlefield where there was no room for people like him, and now someone has to continue on this path. No matter how you go, the road will not be easily closed again.

The rest of the people in the room were stunned for a moment, Zhou Linshan realized that his words were a little childish, and said awkwardly: "No! I'm just that..." Bai Li laughed: "A

hot-blooded young man!"

"He is easy to get on." Zhou Yue had no choice but to say, "I'm laughing."

Lu Zhao patted Zhou Linshan's shoulder to show his encouragement, and the latter wanted to cover his face and find a crack in the ground.

"Also, I don't think I need to worry about my personal problems after losing," Zhou Linshan rubbed his nose and said, "I'm still a nobleman after all, although it sounds harsh to say that, but with this status, I can reduce a lot of worries..." After a pause, he added, "Of course, I also understand that winning or losing should mean more to you."

Bai Li smiled and didn't answer his question. Let's discuss it later."

The final round is just around the corner, and Bai Li didn't have much time to think about it, so the Zhou brothers nodded and agreed, and said something else before Lu Zhao sent him out.

"No matter what the result is, you don't have to feel that you didn't give Zhou a proper explanation," Zhou Yue said before leaving, his expression was still as usual, but his voice was very calm, "Anyway, I didn't do it for profit. Be Bai's partner."

Just as Bai Li was about to be moved, Zhou Yue continued.

"Of course it's better to be profitable."

Bai Li: "..." A businessman, this is a real businessman.

Lu Zhao closed the door of the ward, and heard Bai Li's scolding from inside.

Because he went down to find Old Zheng, Lu Zhao went downstairs with the Zhou brothers.

In the conversation just now, Lu Zhao keenly discovered that Bai Li actually did not consider him as a substitute from the very beginning, that is to say, when he proposed to stay on the main star, Bai Li did not refute on the spot, but he did not let Situ stop either. Find other substitutes.

Bai Li allowed him to be confused, and gave him enough time to escape and be self-willed, but he was not allowed to remain depressed.

People can be crushed by setbacks and dominated by emotions, but they can't stand up all the time.

"I've been working hard on the Third Legion recently," Zhou Linshan said, "I heard from people in the Legion that both the First Legion and the Second Legion are sending people to the fringe satellites. I thought that Major General Lu would also go there. It!"

"I'm going, but I have to wait for the second batch." Lu Zhao replied as he descended the stairs.

Zhou Yue said, "Did you delay because of Bai Li's hospitalization?"

"No, it's me," Lu Zhao paused, trying to find a suitable description, "I'm at the top."

Zhou Linshan didn't quite understand, but Zhou Yue did. Now, he smiled and said "oh", "It's cooling down now."

"Well," Lu Zhao sent the two of them out of the gate of the hospital building, and said calmly, "After all, the time for self-will is over."

The car stopped nearby, and Zhou Yue Going to drive, Zhou Linshan stood at the door waiting for his brother.

"It's good to see you before you leave." Zhou Linshan was a little nervous facing Lu Zhao, but he still smiled, "You can rest assured that the mission, I believe that Mr. Bai Li will have recovered when you come back It's gone."

Lu Zhao said "Yes".

"Actually, many students in the military academy also want to be substitutes. Now many people from the outside world are paying attention to this competition, but they all have to go through an audit," Zhou Linshan said

. I really want to play a game." Lu Zhao looked at him, "There is a lot of pressure." "

Well, I can't say that I really want to play a game, but I really want to do something." Zhou Linshan put one hand on his hip and touched his chin with the other Thinking, "After all, I really want to follow the path opened by Mr. Bai Li. He is very tired from walking in front. We who follow behind can't just take advantage of the advantages and not work.

" Work." Lu Zhao was a little funny, but also a little happy for Bai Li.

"I respect people like Mr. Baili, and I also respect Major General Lu." Zhou Linshan whispered embarrassedly, "You are all people who are at the forefront, and it is right to do something for such people." Zhou

Linshan Yue drove the car over, Zhou Linshan said goodbye to Lu Zhao, got in the car and left.

The afternoon sun was very strong, Lu Zhao crossed his arms and looked at the clear sky for a while. There are no dark clouds, the sky looks high and wide, the air is no longer damp and musty, and the rainy season is really over.

He remembered what Bai Li said.

The world won't get better, but people will.

The people in the front are for the stability of the people behind. When the people behind see the people in front, they know they have to get better.

"I'm so small," he thought, "that I could hardly be an ant."

After taking the nutrient solution to be taken today and going upstairs, Bai Li has already operated the wheelchair and came out of the ward, facing the window in the corridor to breathe.

Bringing him back, he quickly patted the wheelchair: "Hurry up, go downstairs and take a walk. Do you believe this thing can go down the stairs? Try it quickly." The

excitement on his face was completely gone from the temperament of Boss Bai just now. Lu Zhao wanted to laugh, but he still didn't refuse Bai Li's invitation to go down the stairs.

"I will contact Jiang Hao." Lu Zhao walked down the stairs with small steps, and he had to wait for Bai Li on the next floor. The speed of the wheelchair going down the stairs was not very good, but the victory was smooth. It was Bai Li himself who changed from excitement to impatience , "He said that the second batch will start in three days. He didn't say the exact time, but I can finish watching the game.

"

After a while, he said again: "I want to give Han Miao the command right this time."

Bai Li was a little surprised, one was surprised that Lu Zhao told him this matter, the other was surprised by Lu Zhao's choice: "Why?" "

Emotions Unstable people are not suitable for commanding," Lu Zhao said flatly, "Let him go."

Bai Li said "Oh" and went down two more steps to figure out the taste.

Major General Lu, who really can't speak softly, admitted in disguise that he is not clear-headed and is indeed negligent, and promised Bai Li in his own way that he would not do this again.

Major General Lu felt that he had let Young Master Bai down.

"Very good!" Eldest Young Master Bai made a statement and waved his hand. Lu Zhao leaned down, and before he could react, Bai Li rubbed his head hard, "Very good, very good, little Lu Zhao has grown up." Lu

Zhao His hair was messed up, and he couldn't help laughing out loud.

After the wheelchair climbed down a flight of steps and stopped on a platform, Lu Zhao said, "Thank you."

Bai Li looked up at him.

"Pull me back to the right path," Lu Zhao said, "but let me act like a spoiled child."

After so many years in his life, he finally acted like a spoiled child.

It's okay to be willful, and even forget about your responsibilities and missions, just rolling around on the floor and playing a fool without hesitation.

"After all, I have to be responsible," Bai Li said, "I was the one who pulled the Imperial Eagle to the ground, and I have to release it by myself, right." There are not many choices left for the

Bai Institute.

The old friends and comrades of Bai Li and others are basically in the first-line legion, and most of the few who are in the affiliated legion have not piloted mechas for many years, and have no experience with white01 at all.

After a short and tense discussion, Situ gathered together a few substitutes who had been patched together, and simulated a small test using the data of some of the battles that Bai Li had experienced in the game.

Through various investigations, Zhou Linshan successfully obtained the substitute qualification on the grounds that he still had a lot of energy after the victory and the damage was relatively low.

The staff must be down, that is, the registration form and other follow-up work in the chaos of war, Bai Li did not participate in these anymore, he was asked by everyone to sleep in the ward, and he also took the opportunity to learn about the news from the outside world.

In just two or three days, the empire was shaken up and down.

First of all, the Police Department finally announced the results of the investigation. Lin Sheng's command error led to the fact that the cover-up after the rescue mission failed was confirmed. The royal family also had to come forward to explain. He made amends with the soldiers and decided to remove Lin Sheng from the royal family.

Without the protection of the royal family, Lin Sheng was exposed to more scandals overnight. It was also revealed that he and the first heir had visited the Fuli club many times and had improper relationships with several 18th-line starlets or models. information.

The citizens of the empire suddenly remembered that some time ago, there were rumors of starlets and models going in and out of the club. The timeline was consistent with the time in the news, and they almost laughed out of anger.

On the day when the news broke, the first heir was called into the study by His Majesty, and he didn't show up for several days after that, all diplomatic affairs were taken over by the second heir.

There is evidence for this revelation, and the evidence involves another nobleman, the Tang family.

Tang Xiao fell ill in the middle of the night and rolled down the stairs. When the police department and medical staff arrived at the scene, they not only found Tang Xiao's sick number, but also found Mrs. Tang who was bruised and bruised. She was also the one who testified to the police department.

The photo of Bai Ying's bruised nose and swollen face was uploaded on the star network, and anyone with eyes could see that it was a trace of violence. Who can beat a noble lady like this? The answer is self-evident.

Bai Li glanced at the photo and immediately swiped over it. Even though he has realized that he cannot pull Bai Ying out of the quagmire, and he will not blame himself or take responsibility on himself, he still feels suffocated.

Fortunately, the news didn't particularly make him breathless.

As if to confirm everyone's conjecture, the police department received another recording not long after. The content of the recording was not released to the public, but it only affirmed everything Bai Ying had experienced.

So many years after the omega protection law was promulgated, such atrocities still occurred in the empire, and the citizens of the empire were greatly angry after a short shock.

Immediately, an insider broke the news that in the recording received by the police station, Tang Xiao openly expressed his interest in Bai's property.

The insider didn't say too much, but only revealed that Tang Xiao felt that Bai Li was the only one in the Bai family. It is equivalent to Tang Kaiyuan's hands.

Although he was somewhat puzzled that "Bai Li is the only one in the Bai family", in everyone's thinking, Bai Li and Lu Zhao would have children who would inherit the family business sooner or later. Tang Xiao's idea was really greedy and ridiculous.

Therefore, the citizens of the empire believed that Tang Yuanyuan's attack on Bai Li was Tang Xiao's gesture. The father and son were dead, and they wanted Bai Li to be completely disabled and unable to support the Bai family.

How can people be so vicious!

It was only when Bai Li saw the news that he realized that Lu Zhao had submitted the recording in Xiaobaiqiu to the police station. In addition to Tang Xiao and Bai Ying, the conversation between the two actually revealed Information about Lu Zhao's infertility.

But Lu Zhao still chose to hand it over.

Bai Li's heart ached enough, Lu Zhao would always ask Bai Li first when dealing with these matters, but he didn't this time, he knew that Bai Li would probably not agree.

They didn't mention it again. Lu Zhao didn't care, but Bai Li knew that this person had always wanted to do something for him, so let him do it.

It is enough for Bai Li to be the one who takes care of him this time.

A series of bombarding-like news fell, and apart from the media reporters following the reports, the police department was probably the busiest. After investigating and verifying day and night, Bai Li has not been asked yet.

All the noise did not come to Bai Li, and people consciously avoided him.

In this chaotic situation of all parties, the finals of the finals finally started.

On the morning of the race, Lao Zheng specially found a spacious suspension car, and fixed Bai Li's legs firmly. Sitting in a wheelchair, he left the military hospital by car and went to the main stadium.

Bai Li's wheelchair was tampered with by himself, the speed of going down the stairs and climbing the slope was much faster, and he jumped onto the suspension car with a "swoosh".

"How about it, my car!" Bai Li patted the wheelchair to show off to Lu Zhao, "Luxury car!"

Lu Zhao wanted to laugh, but couldn't.

People who could calmly walk off the main stage a few days ago now have to use a wheelchair to move.

"Well, a luxury car." Lu Zhao's Adam's apple moved up and down, and he still echoed Bai Li.

The suspension car turned onto the viaduct, and the driver was one of the medical staff that Lao Zheng had found, and the passenger in the co-pilot was a helpful little nurse, all dressed in casual clothes to avoid attracting attention.

Bai Li and Lu Zhao sat in the back, and the rear seats were folded up to accommodate Bai Li's wheelchair, leaving only one seat for Lu Zhao.

As the car got closer and closer to the main arena, Bai Li's words became less and less, and finally fell silent completely.

Lu Zhao reached out to hold Bai Li's hand.

"It's okay," Bai Li smiled, "I'm just a little nervous." Even more nervous than himself when he was on stage.

"I know," Lu Zhao looked at him, rubbing his thumb on the back of his hand, "You are not afraid of losing." "I didn't even know

I was so strong," Bai Li couldn't help laughing, "Why are you so sure? What if I Cry until your nose is full of tears?"

"It's a pity to lose." Lu Zhao whispered, "You said that the most important thing in life is regret."

The most indispensable thing in life is regret, what is lacking is the calmness to face regret and the courage to start again.

"Crying is not about being afraid." Lu Zhao said, "You will continue to walk after crying." Bai

Li's heart was first tightly wrapped in a layer of warm water, and then he was a little flustered.

All right, so respect him.

He remembered the words of old master Bai in his dream.

——"I hope you have gone through everything, and you can still move forward."

——"You did a good job."

Bai Li was still nervous, but he was no longer afraid to face regrets.

Before the car arrived at the main arena, the huge virtual projections of the white01 model and the opponent's MU90 heavy-duty mech could be seen from a distance above the main arena, accompanied by stardust shuttling through the virtual gunfire.

Bai Li looked at white01, when he looked at it before, he would think that he would sit in its cockpit soon.

But today, when Bai Li looked at this model carrying his ideals again, he watched it as a spectator.

it's a pity.

But I still have to watch it.

The suspension car stopped not far from the main entrance of the main arena. Bai Li did not choose to watch the game as a staff member due to physical and emotional problems. He also knew that staying in the background would make Situ and others more nervous and uncomfortable, so today he Those who come to the main arena to watch the game as spectators can only go through the main entrance.

"The tickets specially reserved by the competition team have vacated a few seats for easy access to wheelchairs," Bai Li explained to the two medical staff, "you can sit nearby in a while, it's okay, I think I'm fine..."

His words were cut off when the car door opened.

Lu Zhao followed him and supported the wheelchair to avoid any accidents when he got out of the car. He looked at him when he couldn't hear him continue talking, and looked up when he saw Bai Li staring ahead.

The main arena was full of people.

The reporters turned off the flashing lights, stood under the steps outside the main entrance, and nodded when they saw Bai Li get off the car, but no one made a sound.

In addition to reporters, there are also many supporters holding white01 pictures printed from the official website, young and old, there are A, B, and O.

"Mr. Baili!" Someone shouted first.

Then other supporters and fans shouted, "Bai Li", "Bai Boss", and "Major General Bai".

They came to see the man, to pay him silent respect.

Say hello to a man who has struggled in the mud for so long to make a mech like this.

You've been tired for so long, we know now.

When Lu Zhao heard Bai Li scold in a low voice, he clenched his hand holding the wheelchair tightly in order to vent his emotions.

The medical staff dutifully took equipment and medicines and followed Bai Li Luzhao to the main entrance of the main stadium.

There were also people waiting on the front steps.

Most of them know it, and some don't. Jiang Hao brought a few old comrades in arms with bloodshot eyes, and Si Dong stood with the students of the military academy. It had been a while since we saw each other. The child seemed to have grown stronger again, but his eyes were swollen like walnuts. When Bai Li came, he called "Brother Li" in a hoarse voice, but luckily he didn't cry, and Bai Li was relieved.

Just after he breathed a sigh of relief, the students around Si understood also called "Brother Li", and Bai Li cleared his throat in embarrassment: "Watching the game?" "

Looking at Major General Bai." A child whispered, "Handsome "

Lu Zhao saw Bai Li's ear tips turning red quietly under his hair.

There were also some officers and soldiers whom they didn't know. They looked like they were members of the affiliated regiment. When they saw Bai Li approaching, the soldiers from the military circle saluted and nodded their greetings to those with higher rank than Bai Li in the military circle.

Song Tai also came, followed by a few people Bai Li had never seen before.

"Come and see the game," Song Tai shook hands with Bai Li, "These are relatives of the gang of boys who died that year." Strangers who have never met before, there are old and young,

most of them are speechless. The remaining hand holding Bai Li could feel some trembling.

"The battle is too big," Bai Li suppressed the turbulent emotions in his heart, and smiled with Song Tai, "This is just a game, if you lose, there will be a next time." "But today is very important,"

Song Tai shook his head: "There will be no second today in life."

Bai Li pursed his lips, speechless for a moment.

Jiang Hao came over and asked about Bai Li's physical condition, patted him on the shoulder, didn't say much, and accompanied him into the main arena.

Most of the lights in the auditorium in the main arena had been extinguished, and there were guide signs on the ground. Lu Zhao pushed Bai Li, who had forgotten to operate the wheelchair, into their designated position.

It was quite spacious, and two medical staff went to sort out the equipment and medicine, leaving Bai Li and Lu Zhao behind.

"Bai Li," Lu Zhao leaned over to look at Bai Li in the dim light, "Speak, Li Li."

With the temporary mark, Lu Zhao felt the huge emotional ups and downs under Bai Li's silence.

Even with him, there were waves in his heart.

Bai Li felt that there was a ball of cotton in his throat, and it took him a while to say: "I don't have to live so tired in the future." He returned to the spotlight,

received applause and praise, and gained recognition and love.

But the first sentence that Bai Li could say was "the darkness is finally over".

At this moment, Lu Zhao felt his throat sore, he pressed his face against Bai Li's, and put his arms around Bai Li.

"Yes, the rainy season is over," Lu Zhao kissed his earlobe, "You have worked hard, they know." The cheers

from the main stadium and the commentator's opening remarks overwhelmed the sound here.

The virtual projection of the white01 model swooped down, stopped very close to Baili, and gave a thumbs up.

Bai Li finally came to this arena. He is not on the main stage, and he does not know how to play.

But today he is white01.

Soon, the game will start.