Chapter 64

Tang Kaiyuan never thought that applause and lights would embarrass him.

He waved his hands several times, but the lights in the lecture hall still did not respond, the applauding people were hidden in the darkness, and the voices seemed to come from all directions, trying to engulf him standing in the light.

Bai Li stood under the stage, two passages from the original book flashed through his mind.

——"Tang Kaiyuan stood on the podium and returned to the stage that belonged to him. He looked at the camera robot, as if he was silently staring at Bai Li outside the screen." ——"Only the dim light of the virtual

screen In the room, Bai Li smashed everything he could touch. Tang Kaiyuan can live in the light, but he can only curl up in a dark corner, living like a maggot." Tang Kaiyuan on the podium was caged under the

spotlight , while Bai Li stood in the dark under the stage.

They looked at each other, one stood in the center of the podium, and the other stood under the stage where only the outline could be seen clearly.

The applause was thunderous, between light and darkness.

Between darkness in light and light in darkness.

When the applause stopped, the students of the military academy sitting in the back row of the reserved seats suddenly noticed two or three alphas in suits and leather shoes standing in the aisle, wearing a metal badge the size of a fingernail on their chests, which was the symbol of the First Heir Guard .

"Sorry, the speech is not over yet," one of them said in a low voice, "Please sit back in your seat for now."

This was said to Bai Li, but Lu Zhao was sitting near the aisle, and the guards could only Talk through him.

Lu Zhao didn't move, the guards called out "Major General Lu Zhao", but he didn't respond. The leader was a little embarrassed.

In the dim light, only blurred outlines could be seen. The military academy students around were whispering, and some of them stretched their necks and asked, "Can't you applaud?"

Bai Li kept clapping for a full minute before stopping, satisfied Sighing: "This is really a real applause for every slap in my life, which is rare in my life." "You

can come for another minute." Lu Zhao looked at the time on his personal terminal, "It's still early."

Even It's because he couldn't see the expressions clearly, but Bai Li could still feel that the faces of several people in the guard became quite ugly after these words.

Bai Li wanted to laugh, but he found that Lu Zhao was very good at exasperating people.

"No, my hand hurts," Bai Li said, "and the 'hypocrisy under the wig' is gone."

Lu Zhao nodded and stood up.

His height was outstanding even in alpha, it wasn't obvious when he was sitting, but when he stood up, several members of the guard subconsciously took half a step back.

Most of those who work in their line of work are retired from the military, and they are quite familiar with Lu Zhao's record of "cleaning" the C14 affiliated star overnight.

Bai Li asked: "Leave now?"

"Then you come again for a minute?" Lu Zhao was taken aback, "Otherwise what else is there?" There was

nothing wrong, Bai Li thought about it for a while, and realized that Lu Zhao specially The invitation letter was obtained just to give him a chance to applaud for a minute.

"It's okay," Bai Li said with a smile, "Let's have supper, and go home to eat."

Lu Zhao's frown, which had been frowning since the beginning of his speech, relaxed.

"Major General Lu, are you leaving?" asked the kid from the military academy in the back row, "Our classmates want to talk to you about mechs after the speech."

Lu Zhao originally wanted to leave, but after hearing this, he thought run.

There was also a child calling Bai Li: "Major General Bai, what, we want to talk to you too..." "

Don't talk," Bai Li said, "The family rule stipulates that you have to go home before twelve o'clock in the evening.

" The child laughed.

"You can't talk about mechas while sitting here," Lu Zhao said, and said calmly, "You can only know what a mecha is when you fight." The

guards were a little dazed, and stepped aside a little, letting Lu Zhao and Bai calendar to go out.

Bai Li laughed as he walked, Lu Zhao guessed that he didn't feel how arrogant he was just now. In the speech where two-thirds of the people were talking about mechas, they said that they couldn't talk about mechas sitting here, and this word spread to the first heir , It is estimated that I will be half-dead with anger.

Most of the time, Bai Li felt that he was domineering enough. After Lu Zhao appeared, Young Master Bai realized his own shortcomings.

When he was about to walk to the door, Bai Li heard Tang Kaiyuan shout: "Bai Li."

Unlike Mr. Gao's exasperation, this voice was very cold and deep, with the temperament that a leading actor should have.

Not in vain, there are about a hundred words of specific descriptions of Tang Kaiyuan's temperament every few paragraphs in the original work.

Bai Li turned his head and looked at Tang Kaiyuan on the podium.

"Mr. Bai," Tang Kaiyuan said with a calm expression, as calm as a layer of ice, covering the turbulent undercurrent below, "Thank you for your applause. It's a great honor to invite you to this speech."

Bai Li stood still and looked at him with half-closed eyes for a few seconds.

"Our institute respects veterans like Mr. Bai very much, and the same is true for mechas," Tang Kaiyuan said in a gentle and polite voice, which came out through a miniature microphone, temporarily relieving the atmosphere of discussion in the lecture hall just now, "I I think Mr. Bai will like this mech that our research institute is developing, and I sincerely hope that I can have a happy exchange with Mr. Bai in the solicitation competition."

These few words are neither humble nor overbearing, but they look like some old nobles.

Standing on the podium, he looked as straightforward as the lights.

Bai Li took two steps towards the podium: "When you looked back at me just now, did you see what my mouth was saying?" Without the aid of a

microphone, Bai Li's voice could only be heard by Tang Kaiyuan and a few people in the front row. The nearby legionaries and nobles heard it.

Tang Kaiyuan was stunned for a moment, but said nothing.

"Then I'll 'say' it again." Bai Li suddenly raised his left hand, clenched it into a fist, and turned his wrist three times.

The light on the podium framed Bai Li's outline very clearly, and he was like a very black silhouette, lying in front of the light.

After doing this, Bai Li turned and left.

There was not a word, but the military people present understood the meaning immediately.

It was a pre-war gesture commonly used by veterans in the legion - "I will clench my fist until the last moment."

Lu Zhao stood at the door, watching Bai Li striding towards him, and shook his fist from a long distance away. Fist hand outstretched.

"Let's go," Bai Li said, "have a luxurious supper."

The first heir's last speech at the military academy at the end of the year turned into a farce.

The police station gave out the results of the investigation that night. Gao's participation in the information business of the hospital was confirmed. Mr. Gao made it clear not long after he joined the police station, which was faster than Gao Ye's.

Immediately afterwards, the military community immediately issued a statement, expelling Gao Ye from the military, kicking him out of the military, and never hiring him.

By the time the citizens of the empire woke up after a night of sleep and saw the news, the case of buying and selling personal information had already been dealt with swiftly. The punishment for Gao has not yet been determined, but judging from the posture, there is absolutely no possibility of a lighter punishment. The anger of the citizens these days has finally subsided a little.

But at the same time as the results were obtained, another piece of news aroused heated discussions in public opinion.

One minute before Mr. Gao was taken away by the police station to cooperate with the investigation, he was still enjoying the applause. The applause came from the speech of the first heir of the military academy, and the reason for the applause was that Mr. Gao had provided technical support and made considerable contributions in the research and development of mechas.

The citizens of the empire were quite shocked. The person who did such a nasty thing was enjoying the applause in style?

Immediately, someone followed Mr. Gao's line upwards, and it didn't take long to find out Lin Sheng's materials and information. People with this surname have different identities in the empire. Immediately there were rumors that "the royal family sheltered and condoned the nobles", which aroused public discussion.

Lin Sheng's identity was taken to pieces, and even the first heir was affected.

Clues and clues cannot escape the keen eyes of the netizens of the empire. Lin Sheng's publicly available information about his entry into the First Army Corps arouses suspicion. Some people ask: "The veterans seem to be in a hurry. I wonder if there is any ulterior motive?"

From Mr. Gao being taken by the police station to Lin Sheng being implicated, it was just one night plus one morning. Lin Sheng's research institute also became popular again, but it's hard to say whether the citizens are optimistic or not.

The first heir mentioned Lin Sheng's research institute several times in his speech, and then associated it with the Imperial Research Institute Contest shortly thereafter. The meaning of this is quite subtle. There was a lot of criticism on the Internet, and they were quite disgusted with this kind of behavior of guiding the public's attention before the game, and questioned whether the behavior of the first heir was abusing the royal status.

The royal family made a statement at the end of the year, denying that the speech contained private goods, and then began to control public opinion, and malicious speculation about the royal family was not allowed. However, in previous years, the year-end banquet hosted by the first heir and the speech to the citizens were replaced by the second heir unprecedentedly. This behavior seems a bit guilty.

The students of the military academy became the center of gossip for a while, and the details of the speech were spread from the students' social platforms or word of mouth, from Mr. Gao being taken away on the spot, to Mr. Gao's wig being crooked, to the white Li took the lead in applauding, and Xingwang was so excited to eat melons.

Gradually, someone discovered deeper details.

Bai Li said to applaud on behalf of his research institute. Does this mean that Bai Li will also participate in the upcoming competition?

There is also a photo that is discussed along with this question.

The photo was taken by students of the military academy. In the picture is a podium with a spotlight. Outside the aperture, a figure with raised hands clenched into a fist is tall and clear, like a hole in the light, deeply burned on it.

This is the first time that Bai Li has appeared on StarNet after the storm of public opinion surrounding the humiliation of soldiers and other incidents some time ago.

There is only one figure from the back, and hands clenched into fists.

People who don't know much about the military world didn't understand the meaning of the photos, but soon some retired veterans left comments: "I miss this action so much. Now recruits don't do this, right?" "It's so

cool Brother!"

"It's been almost ten years since I quit the military, but when I made this gesture, I feel that my blood is still alive."

The facial expression [clench fist] occupied the comments on this photo on Xingwang. There are veterans who have been away from the post for several years, and there are also newcomers who have just passed the year-end assessment and officially entered the military. .

It was the first time for many people to understand the military world from this perspective. When the meaning of this action was made public, some people finally understood why blood cannot be insulted.

Outside the prosperous lights of the empire, in the vast universe, there were countless people who clenched their fists to meet death.

"This is the Iron Fist of the Empire!"

"It's a pity that I can't enter the military due to physical reasons, but I will always respect every soldier!" "

We live under the protection of how many such backs."

This photo is Bai Li , not just Bai Li. It seems to evoke the reality under the emptiness of the worldview, and it seems to have finally moved a little bit of the boulder blocking the ant nest.

The ants crawled out of the dark cave, they were hungry, and they finally knew what day was.

Those who have seen the day will no longer want to live only in the night.

A series of follow-ups caused by the sale and purchase of personal information on Starnet set off a turmoil at the end of this year, and by the way, the solicitation competition of the Imperial Research Institute rarely received great attention. However, this kind of competition is generally only broadcast publicly in military academies and major legions. Citizens express their understanding while feeling sorry for it.

At the end of the year, the sponsoring group of the Imperial Research Institute's solicitation competition released a poster. On the poster was a co-production of the silhouettes of the empire's mechs that have attracted attention in the past. There were a few words written on the poster: Inheritance and Change.

This is tantamount to denying the rumors that "the solicitation competition favors more aggressive mechas" some time ago. The mecha R&D circle was full of indignation. Some research institutes who chose to give up the competition because of this made things public. The police station and the military circle After the incident of personal information trading had just subsided, I had to start investigating this matter again.

When the students from the Propaganda Department of the Military Academy's Mech Actual Combat Academy sent Bai Li an interview request, Young Master Bai was secretly delivering goods to his home.

Contrary to the public opinion on the star network that the wave is higher than the wave, Bai Li has been quite low-key during this period. The work of the research institute has finally been completed by the end of the year. With the help of Zhou's unreserved help, the completion of the mech can be assured to participate in the competition . Situ was so excited that he almost kowtowed to the simulation cabin on the spot, but was stopped by the researchers, and ended up having dinner and binge drinking.

And Bai Li's small mecha model has been completed, and tomorrow is the last day of this year, so he rushed to bring the small model back to the apartment the night before the last day.

It was almost twelve o'clock when I got home after having dinner with the people in the research institute. After changing his shoes, Bai Li walked into the bedroom lightly.

Lu Zhao went to bed early, and usually Bai Li came back late after saying hello, so he would go to bed by himself at that time.

A small lamp was left for Bai Li in the bedroom. Lu Zhao seemed to be asleep. Bai Li held the model in his pocket with one hand and walked over to touch his forehead.

Lu Zhao's eyelids moved, but he didn't open them. He only said vaguely, "It smells like wine." "

Ah," Bai Li said, "chocolate wine."

Lu Zhao closed his eyes and smiled, groping with one hand. Pull it to Bai Li's neckline, and pull him onto her body.

The small model in Bai Li's pocket put Lu Zhao on hold.

"What?" Lu Zhao opened his eyes, "It's so hard."

Bai Li replied calmly: "Bone, I am a tough person."

Lu Zhao didn't even bother to return, so he stretched out his hand to press on his clothes, and Bai Li quickly grabbed him.

This is to expose the small model in advance, and there will be no surprises tomorrow.

"What the hell?" Lu Zhao woke up.

Bai Li was quick to get wise, and jumped over the wall in a hurry: "What did you say is so hard?"

Lu Zhao was stunned for a few seconds, and Bai Li grabbed his hand and removed it from his coat pocket, pressing it on his chest, paused, and started to slide down again.

"Guess well," Bai Li felt his ears burn, "Why don't you guess after feeling it again."

Lu Zhao came back to his senses, and pushed Bai Li dumbfoundingly: "Get lost."

Bai Li: "Whoop."

"Change and take a bath," Lu Zhao withdrew his hand, lay back and closed his eyes again, "The fat man is banging on the door, he's going to scream soon."

Bai Li sighed pretendingly: "Okay. "

Walking to the door of the bedroom, he looked back pitifully and said, "Actually, kissing with the smell of wine is not bad."

Lu Zhao's answer was no answer.

After Bai Li entered the bathroom amidst the cursing voice of the housekeeper robot, Lu Zhao sat up and turned on his personal terminal.

The web page was still stuck on the photos he had browsed, it was Bai Li's arrogant back, now it was everywhere on Starnet, he looked at it for a few moments before closing it, and sent a text message to Chen Nan: How will you be tomorrow?

Chen Nan is a night owl, so she quickly replied: Don't worry, I'll send it to you by express when it's ready tomorrow.

Lu Zhao thanked him and breathed a sigh of relief.

He made a small gift for Bai Li, and referred to the big black stone he found on Xinger.com. He actually thought that the stone was not bad, but Lu Zhao had placed all his orders and got stuck in the engraving process.

Lu Zhao didn't know what to engrave.

Baili seems to be linked to every gentle word, and seems to be worthy of all words full of honor.

After hesitating for several days, Lu Zhao canceled the order and asked Chen Nan for help. He is such a close O friend of Chen Nan, when he heard that he was going to send something to Bai Li, Chen Nan was so excited that he almost cried.

He gave the gift without hesitation, Huo Cun said it was "precious", and Lu Zhao couldn't measure how "precious" it was.

He thought carefully about what Bai Li might be missing, and then he heard Bai Li's footsteps after taking a shower outside the door, and he picked up a call after a while, probably from Situ.

"... Arrived home... Did you forget things after drinking too much... What class do you have? I don't go to work tomorrow. Didn't I say it's a holiday..." Bai Li's voice came intermittently, "...I found out It's not that you forget things when you're too drunk, but you're dreaming when you're too fucking drunk, a pay raise is a fart, I don't have spare money to give you a raise..." Lu Zhao couldn't help laughing, it's the first time he's listened to

Bai Li said confidently that he had no money.

The communication over there was hung up, and Bai Li could still be heard cursing a few times.

After scolding the drunk, Bai Li returned to the bedroom and climbed onto the bed. Seeing Lu Zhao closing his eyes and breathing evenly, he must have fallen asleep. Touching Lu Zhao's face, he waved to turn off the light.

Bai Li lay down, his mind was still in a state of confusion, alcohol made his thoughts wander, and occasionally he remembered the lonely New Year's Eve that should have been in the original book.

He turned over and let out a breath, and just halfway through exhaling, he felt a hand pressing somewhere on him.

"Li Li," Lu Zhao said indifferently, "it doesn't feel that strong."

Bai Li froze for three seconds, then stood up suddenly and pressed Lu Zhao under him.

"That's because you haven't pressed it enough," Bai Li said, "Try again." Lu Zhao kept

laughing while being pressed on the bed, and touched Bai Li's burning ear with his other hand in the dark.

Try it and give it a try.

Both the research institute and the army had a few days off for New Year's Eve, and Bai Li and Lu Zhao slept until almost noon.

Lu Zhao woke up at midnight once in the morning, unable to hold back Bai Li's obsession with sleeping in, and wasting time with him.

Bai Li was woken up by the beeps from his personal terminal, rubbed his eyes and sat up to open it.

Several text message boxes popped up on the virtual screen, and Bai Li looked at them one by one. Some of them were sent by Situ Jianghao and Zhou Yue, and they all had the same content.

In order to separate the relationship, Lin Sheng terminated the cooperation with Gao Shi.

Jiang Hao added another sentence: Without the support of Gao's data, his mech completion is too low, and the Legion rejected his application for internal recommendation.

Instantly refreshed, Bai Li opened the webpage to browse today's news.

Since it was to clear the relationship, Lin Sheng must publicly announce the decision to terminate the cooperation. Sure enough, it didn't take much, Bai Li saw this on the news.

A piece of gossip news popped up in the pop-up window, and the title was a line of big characters: A young man from a rich family who is being hotly discussed has another scandal! Frequently going in and out of a high-end club, it seems that she has entangled with many lovers!

Bai Li didn't close the pop-up window properly, so he clicked on the news directly.

He took a quick look, and his eyes fell on the accompanying picture of the news.

It was a somewhat blurry surveillance screenshot, but Bai Li still recognized it from the stylus. Isn't this fucking Gao Ye?

Looking at the so-called "a certain high-end club", it is exactly the one that has been reported some time ago where 18th-tier stars in the entertainment industry come and go.

Bai Li whistled.

This matter was probably found out along the way, so Bai Li didn't think much about it, and closed the webpage and continued to read his text messages.

At seven or eight o'clock in the morning, there was an unfamiliar text message sent by the system, so Bai Li clicked to read it.

"Imperial Bank: Account Binding Terminal Reminder: The certificate authentication method has passed the review, your personal terminal has been successfully bound to the 1652358320445 account, and the balance..." Bai Li sat upright and

reacted for several seconds, and let out a slightly puzzled "Wow groove".

Lu Zhao woke up when he sat up. He just closed his eyes and didn't bother to move. When he heard the voice, he asked in a nasal voice, "What?" "

Who account is tied to my terminal?" Bai Li scratched his head. For a moment—"

Lu Zhao closed his eyes: "Mine."

Bai Li turned his head, but didn't respond: "Ah?" "

Mine." Lu Zhao said, "My salary account." He paused and opened the account. Yan asked tentatively, "Is this considered 'expensive' as a gift?"

Bai Li sat on the bed in a daze for more than a minute, then got up abruptly and began to put on his clothes.

"You wait," Bai Li said, "I'll sort out the property of the Bai family before sending it to you."