Chapter 4

It was about ten minutes after Lu Zhao left that Bai Li got up from the sofa. The machine butler dragged his chubby body to bring him a pair of slippers. He didn't wear them, and walked to the kitchen on the floor.

The water on his body has long since dried up, and the machine butler can finally rest for a while without following Bai Li to wipe the floor.

Bai Li opened the constant temperature cabinet and took out a dose of repairing nutrient solution.

He has been taking repairing nutrient solution every day for many years since his leg was injured. In the first few years, because of his leg pain all day long, Bai Li also took care of drinking the nutrient solution with analgesic effect.

In the past few years, Baili's speed of changing the repairing nutrient solution can be said to be the fastest group of people in the empire. He is almost staring at the nutrient solution development and research laboratories all over the empire. Once a new product is developed When it comes out, he will definitely buy it and try it immediately.

It's a pity that these products have no significant effect on his injuries. Every time the hope for the effect of new products passes, Bai Li will bear another round of frustration and despair.

According to the setting of the novel, the "earth" in Baili's previous life has become the distant history of this life. After experiencing the devastating interstellar war, the earth has disappeared into the vast universe. The current imperial humans can only be regarded as the descendants of the inhabitants of the earth. .

In order to adapt to the universe and war, the original earth residents are also gradually evolving while developing technology, their bodies become stronger, and they differentiate into three genders besides male and female: alpha, omega and beta in order to reproduce powerful His descendants even extended their lifespans, and finally gained a firm foothold in the universe, becoming today's empire.

In today's empire, the average life expectancy of human beings is as long as 150 to 200 years, and relying on today's technological means, human beings can enjoy a long life.

But for Bai Li, from the day his leg was crippled, it meant that he had to drag his sick leg to soak in various nutrient solutions, enduring the endless overlapping of hope and disappointment, and live on again. More than a hundred years.

Whenever he thinks of this, Bai Li feels his heart constrict, and every minute and every second is extremely tormented.

Bai Li hadn't been distracted for a long time before he was drawn back to his attention by the communication notification tone of his personal terminal. He connected to the communication application, and a man's image was projected in mid-air by the personal terminal.

"Happy Newlyweds!!" The man shouted excitedly, and fireworks started to set off around the image, and two bare-bottomed children with wings flew out to play the trumpet, and pulled out a banner that read "Congratulations, boss, congratulations!" The boss wishes the boss a good shot and hits the bullet with no misses" in big characters.

Bai Li looked at the man with his own unique smile, and unscrewed the nutritional supplement in his hand with a "click". The flowers, willows and greens on the image disappeared in an instant. The man carefully observed Bai Li's face before spreading

his hands: "Boss, I sincerely congratulate you."

Find any clues within the range.

"Take a break, I'm already gone." Bai Li knocked the bottle of nutrition on the table.

The other party immediately showed a disappointed expression amidst the ding-ding bumps made by Bai Li, and even couldn't help shouting: "As expected, you were dumped on the second day of your marriage! This will definitely become the biggest gossip in the empire this year!" "

Although I don't think it's necessary to explain my private life to you, but for the sake of the respective reputations of me and Major General Lu Zhao, I will explain it for the time being," Bai Li rarely showed his patience and did not turn off his personal terminal on the spot, "Lu Zhao is going to the Legion , I was neither dumped nor beaten, I know that you all bet a lot of money on whether I will be beaten on my wedding night in private."

The man was a little embarrassed by being exposed, he coughed twice in a cover-up manner, and after two seconds he yelled unwillingly: "I can't help it, that's Lu Zhao!

" Li can quite understand the meaning of his words.

That is the imperial eagle soaring in the sky, a figure admired by many people, but he did not expect to bump into the concrete of the Bai family overnight.

Bai Li thought that he hadn't visited the Empire Forum today, and he didn't know how Huo Cun explained to the reporters who were blocking the wedding ceremony yesterday that he and Lu Zhao didn't come out, and he didn't even know that after the reporters' reports, , How big a wave of topics will be set off in the entertainment section of the Empire Forum.

Since Bai Li retired from the military, it has been a long time since he has been on the cusp of entertainment gossip reports. Thanks to Lu Zhao, he has experienced the addiction that seemed to be on the headlines of entertainment many times when he was young.

Seeing that Bai Li hadn't spoken, the man slowed down his voice and comforted him: "But you don't have to mind too much. Major General Lu Zhao is a popular man in the military circle. He is just at the age when he is shining. Don't be unbalanced. Let him go out to work for two days. It's not too late to return to the family in 2009, anyway, he's still an omega, after all, he can't stay in the First Legion until his retirement age like Alpha and then go home to give birth to AYO, right?" Bai Licong recalled that he was a big showman when he was

young He regained his senses in the dark, and glanced at the other party with a half-smile: "Situ, since you are studying mech research, you should study mecha well, and don't just stare at my omega all day long. When will you come back?" When will the family have a baby?"

Situ finally choked out a few comforting words and almost fainted: "Your omega? Huh? Your omega! It is the omega of the whole empire, but it is legally owned by you. Be careful when you go out, I feel that you will be photographed black."

Bai Li was very satisfied with the words "legal and private", and he brushed back the broken hair scattered on his forehead: "I will enjoy this The fun of being a public enemy."

With an arrogant and domineering attitude, Situ hammered the table several times angrily: "I was worried that you would be hit hard because of your marriage, so I came here early in the morning to express my condolences. I didn't expect you, a bastard, to be having fun all this time. You are shameless and disgusting. Vomit."

Bai Li clutched his chest: "If you are a little more jealous, I feel good now."

Situ: "..." You are really a dog to say that you are not human, right?

Situ already knew that Bai Li was not a human being. He and Bai Li have known each other for a long time. They are the same students of the Imperial Military Academy, but Bai Li studies actual combat and mecha operation, and Situ studies mecha development and optical brain intelligence.

Since his student days, Situ felt that Bai Li was not a person, but now he doesn't even want to pretend to be a person.

"You're really good. I thought it was pitiful for you to be scolded like that dog on Xingwang. I didn't expect that I misunderstood." Situ said with emotion, "You are a real dog, so you don't need to be scolded at all."

Bai Li Chao raised his eyebrows and smiled, his facial features still showed his usual self-satisfied appearance, as if he hadn't been affected at all by the overwhelming abuse on the star network.

Situ also admires Bai Li, he is also an alpha, and he has some thoughts about Lu Zhao's omega, but if it were him, he would really not want to marry Lu Zhao, and the psychological pressure is too great to bear.

"It seems that you are very satisfied with this marriage," Situ clicked his tongue. "There are a lot of light-brain matching partners who can't get along together at the beginning. I don't think you have this trouble. You don't seem to be generally satisfied with Lu Zhao." , you are satisfied to fucking open the door for satisfaction." Yiyi has reached home.

Bai Li drank up the opened bottle of restorative nutrient solution in one breath. He thought that if Situ knew the truth about his marriage with Lu Zhao, he might jump three feet high in surprise.

If Situ knew that he and Lu Zhao hadn't even smelled each other's pheromones, then he would have to spend the next hundred years under Situ's ridicule.

These thoughts flashed through Bai Li's mind. After swallowing the nutrient solution, Bai Li replied with a smile: "Lu Zhao is fine." Situ didn't have any

temper when he said this. He opened his mouth and closed it again. Shang opened his mouth again, hesitant to speak but stopped, and he held back for a long time before he could say: "You must have fallen in love with Lu Zhao." I don't know how many omega and beta who have a crush on you will be heartbroken. Bai Li didn't deny it, but changed

the topic: "You contacted me early in the morning just to ask about my married life?"

, has already been put into operation in the simulation chamber," Situ put away his teasing tone, "how is it, are you free today? Come to the research institute to try the simulation chamber?" Bai Li nodded, and chatted with Situ again

, Only then hung up the communication.

After graduating from the Imperial Military Academy, Bai Li entered the military world, while Situ entered the Imperial Academy to continue researching and developing mechs. Because they had a good relationship during school, the two still kept in touch.

A few years later, due to disagreements between Situ and the senior management of the research institute, Situ was suppressed and sent to the pension post. In a rage, he resigned and left the research institute, and worked in several private research institutes until Bai Li was discharged from the army due to a leg injury. After offering to sponsor him, he started his own company and established his own research institute.

Over the years, Baili has been pouring money into Situ's research and development business, so it is only natural for Situ to call Baili the boss.

The chubby robot butler circled around Bai Li's feet several times before Bai Li remembered that he was still holding an empty bottle of nutritional supplements in his hand.

He raised his hand to throw out the garbage as usual, raised his hand halfway and then retracted it, imitating Lu Zhao's way of placing the empty bottle on the robotic hand extended by the machine butler.

Bai Li patted the round head of the machine butler: "Say something 'you are so kind' and let me listen."

The machine butler said coquettishly, "Oh, bad guy~" and rolled away.

Bai Li went to change clothes, cursing and muttering while changing: "What's the matter? I don't deserve to be a good person since the day I got engaged, right?"

From the forum scolding to his personal blog, Lu Zhao married Bai Li, Bai Li He became an enemy of the people.

Flowers are stuffed into concrete, does concrete want to be a piece of concrete?

The suspension sports car that Bai Lichang drove was still parked at the place where the wedding was held yesterday. He manipulated the personal terminal to enter the personal living system, let the system on the sports car turn on the self-driving mode and return to the house, and he called up another car from the garage. A relatively low-key suspension car.

After he sat in the driver's seat of the hover car, the system automatically connected to the Empire News Network and began broadcasting today's news.

Lu Zhao's name rang out again, together with Bai Li's name, the marriage that caused a stir in most of the military and noble circles was a foregone conclusion, and the announcer of the Imperial News was reading a congratulatory speech full of gorgeous rhetoric.

Bai Li thought of the back of Lu Zhao standing in front of the French window in the early morning, the morning light blurred his outline, and the heart of the empire was at his feet.

Recalling that moment, Bai Li felt that it was not impossible for Situ to insist that he fell in love with Lu Zhao.

After all, there is no one who is not obsessed with the imperial eagle flying in the morning light.

Bai Li raised his hand and cut off the broadcast that was reporting his and Lu Zhao's marriage, switched to the entertainment section of the Empire Forum, and clicked on the smart voice reading.

The artificial voice began to read the posts one by one in an overly contrived voice, and said the first one: "Bai Li, the dog day! My leg hurts on the wedding night—"

Bai Li was amused by the voice of the artificial voice and the content of the reading while driving. Had to laugh wildly.

Although he was in a bad mood, he immediately felt better when he heard that someone was in a worse mood than him.

Lu Zhao came out of the physical training room. After exercising, his body was in a state that made him feel comfortable. He brushed back his sweat-soaked hair and walked to the washroom prepared for the officers. He prepared to clean up quickly before going The next stage of training is carried out in the mecha simulation cabin.

Huo Cun finished his physical training one step ahead of Lu Zhao, and was leaning on the chair outside the washroom to chat with several officers. As soon as Lu Zhao walked over, the officers immediately looked at him.

"What are you doing here if you don't take a bath?" Lu Zhao was a little scared, so he had to speak up. "It's been washed." The person who answered was Han Miao, who was on the same level as Lu Zhao, and was also a major general. He usually

had a good relationship, "Well, I haven't seen you for so long, how are you?"

Stand on your head: "I went to the mech simulation cabin with you just the day before yesterday."

Han Miao didn't remember: "Ah? Really?"

The officer next to him reminded him: "Yes, you almost got hit on the head after three rounds. It's gone."

Han Miao patted his thigh: "Hey, then I was beaten every day, how can I remember it when you say that."

Lu Zhao and others: "..." You can do it.

"Isn't it because you married that white guy? After three autumns, I feel like I haven't seen you for three hundred years." Han Miao seemed very sincere.

Huo Cun: "Three autumns are three years, not three hundred years."

Han Miao looked at him and said, "You know how to do arithmetic? Okay, tomorrow you go to teach the recruits, and start teaching them one by one." Huo Cun

: "..."

Han Miao and a few officers chattered nonchalantly, but the more Lu Zhao listened, the more he didn't feel right. After exercising, he was sweating all over and hadn't washed off. He was dragged away and frowned: "I have something to say. Something."

Han Miao immediately said: "Did that Bai Li treat you well?"

"Bai Li." Lu Zhao corrected, although he and Bai Li didn't have any relationship as a partner, but they got along pretty well, subconsciously said, " He's fine, why do you ask that?"

The other officers looked at me and I looked at you, and finally Han Miao, who had the best relationship with Lu Zhao, spoke on behalf of everyone: "How is he? I heard that last night you I took him to the hospital overnight, because of his leg pain, the reporters reported it, and now there is a lot of fun on the Imperial Forum." Lu Zhao was stunned for a moment, remembering what

Bai Li said to Huo Cun yesterday. He looked at Huo Cun, this grandson is really stupid, he can say whatever Bai Li asks him to say, no wonder Bai Li almost got out of the top 200 in the battle.

Huo Cun was also very embarrassed at the moment, his eyes looked up and down, but he didn't look at Lu Zhao.

Han Miao said again: "I heard that Bai Li's leg injury was too serious, which affected him a lot. It is said that he is not good at that.

" An emotion called "really fucking embarrassment" swept through Lu Zhao's brain, but Lu Zhao was naturally expressionless, so he managed to stabilize the situation and coughed dryly, "Who's talking nonsense?" "Really?"

Another asked the officer.

It was the first time that Lu Zhaohuo was cared about X life at such a young age, and he felt that his language skills were so poor that he could only repeat mechanically: "He is very good.

" Just kidding, Lu Zhao almost ran all the way into the bathroom.

The bathroom for officers is very spacious and divided into several compartments. When Lu Zhao stood on the quick-cleaning table, he still didn't understand how those people related Bai Li's leg injury to that aspect.

People really can't have a loophole, otherwise everyone will see you as a sieve.

After Lu Zhao finished washing and changed into his training uniform, he came out. The group of officers outside just now dispersed completely, leaving only Huo Cun and Han Miao sitting there chatting.

"What did he do to you?" Han Miao asked as soon as Lu Zhao came out. Now that there was no one else around, he no longer hesitated to speak, "I heard that those noble alphas look down on others. If he dares to fight hard, you will kill him." He beat him to death."

Lu Zhao didn't know whether to laugh or cry: "He's very good, really."

Huo Cun also said: "Major General Han Miao, don't look at Bai Li as a fool, he actually respects Major General Lu Zhao. Some alphas in the legion are okay." He is a beta, and he does not look at alphas as gendered as omega, so he looks down on some alphas in the military, not as strong as Lu Zhao, but he has a big temper.

Hearing Lu Zhao's repeated affirmation, Han Miao breathed a sigh of relief, and felt a little embarrassed: "It's all their nonsense, so I'm a little worried."

Then he stood up and followed Lu Zhao and Huo Cun to the airport. A simulated warehouse training field.

Lu Zhao thought of the overwhelming rumors and gossips on the Imperial Forum, but he didn't expect that even the Legion was like this, so he couldn't help asking: "Nonsense?"

Han Miao has been with him for a long time, and he is used to the way he occasionally pops out a word or two: "Hey, I can say anything. Some talk about you and some talk about him. Uh, don't take it to heart, they are It hurts to be idle."

Originally, I wanted to say a few more words, but I felt that the words were inappropriate, so Han Miao swallowed them.

Lu Zhao fell silent.

Because he himself is an omega, he has heard a lot of gossip over the years without pain or itching. He originally thought that these gossips were only at this level, but he didn't expect that the gossip about getting married turned up several degrees.

Han Miao said again: "I was quite worried at first, and I don't know what bastard the light brain has matched you with, but I am relieved to see you coming to the legion today. Bai Li is good to you." Lu Zhao did

n't Understand: "What do you mean?"

"You don't know, many omegas can't get up the next day after being marked, alpha bites the gland too deeply in that state, injects too much pheromone at once, weak You can't get used to omega at all, you'll have to faint for at least a day or two." Han Miao explained that he knew Lu Zhao very well and was beaten every day during training, so he didn't treat Lu Zhao as an O, and said very bluntly, "I At that time, I almost couldn't control it, and bit Chen Nan's glands very deeply."

Chen Nan is Han Miao's legal partner and one of the few omegas in the military, but he is in the logistics department.

It's not that there is no omega in the military world, but most of them are not allowed to engage in heavy physical work, especially manipulating mechs, let alone fighting with the team. It is rare for an omega like Lu Zhao to be so strong that he can make the legion surrender and be able to pilot the mecha.

Huo Cun, who was following the two major generals, interjected: "So ruthless? When A bites O, doesn't he consider O's body?"

Han Miao waved his hand: "At that time, whoever could bear it was like crazy. If you want to stay awake, you have to restrain yourself. It's very uncomfortable. Where are those A who have no feelings for their omega? Maybe I can bear it, patronize myself to have fun, and I don't care about the next day, anyway, it would be better if Omega can't work, so I can give birth at home with peace of mind."

Lu Zhao said: "I remember that Chen Nan went to the logistics the next day after you got married It's been reported."

"Can we be the same as you? Chen Nan and I grew up together, how can I let him suffer." Han Miao sighed, "It's not that I don't know how much he likes his job, of course it's impossible not to Let him continue to work. In fact, there are a few alphas who don't care about their omega soaking in a pile of A's every day? But I believe in him, and I'm willing to support him. Look at Chen Nan's joy every day, as if he's been eating. That's enough."

Huo Cun followed with emotion, never thinking that he was still a bachelor B, as if he was very experienced.

Spending every day in a place like Legion, you can understand even if you don't understand.

Han Miao said again: "Look, you came to the regiment the next day, didn't those alphas die of curiosity? They all thought it was Bai Li who couldn't do it, so they didn't give enough pheromones. I was also asked at that time But, I was so angry that I almost vomited blood from the few people who asked me, so I was lucky not to be demoted."

Lu Zhao thought of Bai Li, he couldn't tell Han Miao that he and Bai Li were innocent, let alone biting his glands, Even the communication signal was added just last night.

Bai Li has no opinion on Lu Zhao continuing to work, it was an agreement between the two before marriage, but Lu Zhao didn't expect that he would have to be judged along with him.

Lu Zhao didn't expect that it was because he was focused on training. Bai Li grew up in the aristocratic circle since he was a child. This kind of thing must be clear, but he didn't say it. Lu Zhao didn't know what he thought, but Lu Zhao himself I feel a little uncomfortable.

He was so distracted that he didn't hear Han Miao calling him behind him. He walked to the door of the first training room he was familiar with and pushed the door open.

A dozen recruits in neat military uniforms stood inside the door, turning their heads to look at him in unison.

The officer who was speaking looked up and saw that it was Lu Zhao, so he hurried over and saluted: "Major General Lu Zhao, the first training room will be used by recruits today, and the news has been conveyed to the personal terminals of the officers through the army communication system ."

Lu Zhao looked at the information on his personal terminal, then turned to look at Huo Cun.

Huo Cun slapped his head: "Damn it, I forgot! The news was sent yesterday. They must have thought that you will not be able to come to the army today, major general, so they missed you." Han Miao called Lu Zhao just now to tell him not to go in

. Unexpectedly, he shouted: "It's okay, the second training room is available."

The eyes of the recruits in the first training room became extremely hot after hearing the words "Major General Lu Zhao", mixed with curiosity or curiosity. The disdainful eyes scratched Lu Zhao from head to toe several times.

Lu Zhao himself didn't take these gazes seriously at all, nodded at the officer and backed out.

The moment the door of the training room closed, the discussions inside boomed.

"It's really Major General Lu Zhao. He actually came to the Legion to report the next day. It seems that what was said on the forum is true, that alpha who eats soft food—" Even

through the door, the voice can still be heard Clearly.

Han Miao and Huo Cun were a little embarrassed, so they could only walk to the second training room with their heads sullen.

Lu Zhao walked very slowly, instead of following Han Miao and Huo Cun into the second training room, he turned a corner and sat down in the rest area at the corner of the corridor, and clicked on the Empire Forum on his personal terminal.

Bai Li drove his hover car and parked downstairs in the apartment building. His personal terminal was broadcasting a live broadcast of a virtual match in the main star area, and the battle was in full swing.

He was in a good mood, and came out of the driver's seat humming a messy tune, turned around and picked up a big bag of tomatoes from the back seat, picked up a big white radish, kicked the door of the car happily, and turned around with Lu Zhao bumped into him, almost jumped up in fright, cursing his mother.

As soon as Lu Zhao came out of the garage, he saw Bai Li bending over to get something from the back seat before he took two steps. As soon as Lu Zhao saw him, he thought that his legs were being discussed on the Imperial Forum. Seeing that Bai Li was standing on one leg with the legendary disabled leg, he kicked the car door with the other leg.

Lu Zhao looked at Bai Li's left leg, which was said to be useless, and was puzzled.

"Huahua, why did you come back so early?" Bai Li was also puzzled, "I thought you would not come back after staying in the Legion for the past few days." Only then did

Lu Zhao see a big bag in Bai Li's arms. He still holds a big radish with mud in his hand. The unhappiness in my heart disappeared immediately, and I just looked at the big radish, the mud on it made Baili's dark gray casual suit dirty.

Lu Zhao looked at the radish, quite puzzled: "The radish?" Isn't it too big?

"I pulled it from the vegetable field of my friend's research institute," Bai Li said before he could react, "They still have soil cultivation, which is better than the vegetables sold in supermarkets and vegetable markets."

Lu Zhao looked at Bai Li, and Bai Li looked at Lu Zhao.

After a few seconds, Bai Li tentatively said, "Why don't you...have two bites?"

Lu Zhao had a serious expression on his face, and tentatively replied, "Just...just chew it?"

Bai Li: "?"

Lu Zhao: "?"