Chapter 67

Bai Li had never seen a child dare to yell at him like this since he graduated from elementary school, and he didn't recover for a long time.

After yelling, Si Dong felt strangely relieved. He looked up and found that the confrontation on the virtual screen was over, and the simulation cabin was opened. The researchers around Lu Zhao were stunned by the yelling. look at him.

"Be louder!" Situ slapped his brother on the back, "Give you a microphone, if there is one person in the main star who doesn't hear you yelling tomorrow, I will slap you to death!

" He frowned and pursed his lips without saying a word.

When Situ saw how his brother sawed the mouth gourd, he became angry: "Are you crazy? You came here to swear an oath? You try to make another mess, and I will tell Dad when I get home at night, look at how he will deal with you!"

Bai Li stopped him for a while, and didn't let Situ continue to whip his brother, while handing water to Lu Zhao who had just walked over.

"What's going on," Lu Zhao asked as he turned on the water, and saw Situ scolding his younger brother, "Don't worry?" "

He wants to be a substitute, but Situ refuses," Bai Li looked at Situ spit flying The Department of Education understands, Zhi Le, "It's okay, his house is like this, and Situ usually takes care of his younger brother."

The people in the research institute are already familiar with this kind of scene, and Situ will slap his younger brother twice on the back at most , Not serious, but he could nagging his brother for more than half an hour without interrupting him.

This time, Bai Li didn't give Situ a chance to chatter for half an hour. When Situ said, "I should crack you down when you are in the third and fourth grades standing on the roof and swearing at the sunset", Bai Li helped him to walk aside: "Come on, Teacher Si, hold back for a while, save some saliva and spray it in the meeting." While being

pushed away, Situ stretched his neck back and shouted to Si Dao: "Do you understand what I just said? ah?"

After Bai Li carried Situ away, Si Tong sat down on the sofa with his head drooping.

Only Lu Zhao and Si Dong were left near the couch in the research institute. Lu Zhao didn't have much experience with children of this age, so he didn't know how to speak.

"Brother Zhao, I'll just sit down." Si Dong stopped calling Major General Lu Zhao recently

. The meal-type nutrient solution was given to him: "Drink it?"

"Well, I haven't eaten yet." Si Xiao took it and unscrewed it, and drank it up in two or three sips.

Lu Zhao sat down next to him, took out his personal terminal and connected to the research institute's system, and began to watch the replay of the previous battle.

The video of the battle with the substitute was not interesting, Lu Zhao watched it for a while and then changed to something else.

As soon as he tuned into the replay of the previous scene between him and Bai Li, he felt that Si Dong next to him had passed by, and he stretched his head to look here.

Lu Zhao wanted to laugh a little, this kid really doesn't look like Situ's younger brother, but rather like Bai Li's younger brother.

He magnified the virtual screen a little and asked Si Dong to watch it together.

"It's handsome," Si Dong said dully while watching, "I want to drive it too."

Lu Zhao: "I'll give you a simulation cabin."

"I want to be a substitute," Si Dong said, "but my brother won't let me. ."

Lu Zhao looked at him.

"I'm young, my mental strength is unstable, and I can't support this model," Si understands dejectedly, "This competition is very important to Brother Li, and requires experienced pilots. I'm just a student and have no experience."

Lu Zhao didn't know what to say. He didn't get along with teenagers in the confused period, so he could only say "Oh", "Indeed." "..." Si Dao lowered his head

, "Brother Zhao, don't you It's okay to comfort me, and you don't need to agree so bluntly."

Lu Zhao smiled.

The main thing Situ said is correct, this kind of competition is not an intramural competition of the military academy, and Si understands that his usual training targets are all students. An old fritter with a background of hard work, or a powerful character who retired from the private guard.

Under the current pressure, not everyone can drive the mecha well.

"Actually, I don't want to make trouble, I just..." Si Dong sat on the sofa, frowned and buttoned his pants with his hands, thinking, "I'm just aggrieved."

Lu Zhao didn't say anything, and Si Dong fell to the bamboo tube Just like Douzi, he told about the messy thing he had with his roommate at the military academy.

After speaking, I felt a little hypocritical, touched my nose, leaned on the back of the sofa and said, "I also know that it is useless to argue with him, but I just don't have the strength. Others think that we are not good enough, we don't think we are good ..."

Lu Zhao nodded after listening, and continued to watch the video.

Si Dong didn't get his response, so he was stunned for a few seconds before he straightened up and said in a low voice, "Brother Zhao, do you think I'm annoying? My brother thinks I'm annoying." "No." Lu Zhao really didn't think so

, He understood Si's chatter, and felt like he could hear the chatter of Bai Li, who was not so virtuous, which was quite interesting.

"Then what are you..." Si understands embarrassedly, "don't say anything."

Lu Zhao didn't understand, and only when he looked at his boss with confusion and longing eyes, did he understand what Si understands: " You ask me what I think about this?"

Si understand nodded: "You must have encountered this kind of thing...on Starnet before, in those comments..." He didn't finish, but both of them knew what it meant.

"I don't read these news and comments," Lu Zhao said frankly, "It's a waste of time."

This sentence made Si understand choke, for a moment he felt that the gap between himself and Lu Zhao had widened a little bit, and he admired it while frustrated The feeling is more. "It's okay, I just don't understand, and I don't know what to do, so I just ask," Si understands retreating

on the sofa, "I have no place to ask these before."

He was the only one in the circle of life since he was a child who was admitted to the military academy to learn mecha combat. There is really no one who can say something like this. Only Bai Li is better, Brother Li is really one of the few careful people in Si Dong's life, but he is also an alpha after all, Si Dong is not very good at talking about these things with him.

Lu Zhao glanced sideways at Si Dong, the child was not energetic, and had the decadent temperament unique to young people in the confused period.

This kind of temperament is probably not found in Lu Zhao and Bai Li in this life, and neither of them has much time to worry about it.

But Lu Zhao didn't think Si Dong's troubles were childish. He liked Si Dong's appearance. He was a good child raised by a good education. He was positive, courageous and determined. Lu Zhao always liked this kind of child.

"No place to ask these?" Lu Zhao finally spoke.

"Well, like my brother, he got impatient before I finished asking," Si understands, "My father follows my father in business all over the world, so he has no time to take care of me." Lu Zhao nodded and asked again

: "Your family supports you to go to military academy?"

"It's okay." It was rare for Si Dong to talk so much to Lu Zhao, and he sat up straight and said, "My father was not very happy at the time, but he didn't say anything when I was admitted. My father was very supportive, and my brother just I was afraid that I would be bullied, but later I found out that I bullied others a lot, so I just ignored it."

The second half of the sentence was quite proud.

Si understood hesitated for a few seconds and asked, "Brother Zhao, your family..." "They

all passed away." Lu Zhao said, "No one cares about me." After a second, he said, "Bai Li supports it."

He used to have two family members, his parents, but now there is one more.

"Ah, I'm sorry..." Si Dao opened his mouth, "That's great." He quickly explained, "I mean you and Brother Li are so nice."

Si Dao was afraid that Lu Zhao would misunderstand: "Really, there are not many Omega, so don't worry. The attitude of the spouse after marriage."

"Well," Lu Zhao also understood, "Not everyone is Baili."

Si understand nodded.

"Not everyone has the same living environment as me and you." Lu Zhao said again, and he switched to the next battle video, "Don't force them too much."

Si Dong sat on the sofa in a daze. Lu Zhao was very close, and Lu Zhao's voice was very calm, even leading him to calm down.

People are different from person to person, in fact, sometimes it is reflected in their growth environment.

Some people bathe in the sun and have never seen darkness, so they are innocent and harmless all their lives.

Some people live in the quagmire, smelling rancid all their lives, and their mouths are filled with sludge. Even if they struggle to climb out, it will take a long time to wash away these stains.

This is not to say that people are good or bad because of their birth, but that the environment in which they grow up will affect part of people's concepts.

Someone sees a flower and feels beautiful and happy. When someone sees a flower, he thinks that it will wither eventually.

It is torture to make happy people face pain, and it is also torture to force pessimistic people to be optimistic.

You can't change the thinking of many people, and you don't have much ability to change the status quo. In fact, there are very few things you can do, because you are a small character.

"Then what should I do," Si Dong shrank on the sofa, leaning a little closer to Lu Zhao, and asked in a low voice, "What can I do to help him, and what can I do to prove myself." After a pause , and added, "What can I do to change the status quo."

"I don't know," Lu Zhao said lightly, "It's difficult, and I haven't thought about it."

He really didn't think about it, and he didn't have time to think about it.

Si Understand looked at him: "But I think you did a good job."

Lu Zhao said calmly, "I didn't think about anything else, I just kept walking forward."

I don't know if it's because of the worship mentality, but Si Understand thinks When these words came out of Lu Zhao's mouth, he could hear his blood boil.

"Someone has thought about it," Lu Zhao said again, "He did a good job."

Situ was stunned, and before he could ask, he felt his head being rubbed.

"You don't have to run quickly," Bai Li said with a smile standing behind the sofa, "Your brother will come down later, he just told me that he wants to educate you." Si Dong said

angrily : "I just want to be a substitute."

"Think about it," Bai Li said, "but don't say it."

Lu Zhao laughed.

Si understands being poorer than Bai Li, clutching at his hair and not saying a word.

"Why don't you," Bai Li said, "you can come here these few days, and if you have free time in the simulation warehouse here, you can go. That substitute is very good. You can play a few hands with him for practice. If you can give him a Get down, let me tell you about your brother."

Si Dong stood up with a "whoosh" and ran towards the simulation cabin.

"You think he can do it?" Lu Zhao looked up at Bai Li, "Your substitute is okay."

Bai Li smiled and said, "It doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm here, so it's not my turn to be a substitute."

These words are very arrogant, but Lu Zhao No objection.

In terms of mechs, Lu Zhao never refuted Bai Li.

Just as he was talking, Si Xiao rushed back: "By the way, there is another matter. I have a senior who wants to interview you." "Interview

me?" Bai Li was stunned.

"Well, he is from the News and Propaganda Department of our college. He said he had contacted you, but you didn't reply, so he asked me to ask," Si Dong explained, "He is okay, and he is good at writing press releases for the school magazine. It's not like some idiots write nonsense."

Si Dong has been running behind Bai Li and Situ's buttocks since he was a child, and he is a little like Bai Li's domineering and Situ's stubbornness. Idiot", I was educated several times and did not correct myself.

"Ah..." Bai Li paused for a few seconds, "Let's talk about it."

Lu Zhao glanced at him and didn't answer.

"Okay, I'll go tell him." Si Xiao was quite obedient, nodded, but still hesitated and said, "Brother Li, I think you can talk to him. If you don't explain, what do people outside really want to say?" Just say what you want."

Before Bai Li could answer, Si Dong said again: "I know, let's talk about the facts, but I think you can occasionally say something with your mouth." "I'll talk to

your brother with my mouth in a while ." Say bad things about you." Bai Li said.

Si understands and runs away.

"It's hard work." Bai Li went around and sat on the sofa, took a sip of the water that Lu Zhao had drunk, "It's the most difficult thing to talk to a child of this age."

Lu Zhao looked at him: "You are not going to be interviewed. "

I never thought about it," Bai Li scratched his neck, sighed, and leaned on Lu Zhao, watching the video playback with him, "I can imagine what the interview will ask, but I can't answer it I've been working on this mecha for so many years, and I haven't thought about how to tell others about this mecha."

In fact, it's not that I can't say it, maybe it's because I want to say too much, and I don't know where to start.

It was as if he had been dumb for many years. When he was dumb, he wanted to sing, curse, and even recite impassionedly. But when he really healed his throat and a group of people surrounded him and asked him to say a few words, he found that his mind went blank, and he couldn't think of what to say in the first sentence.

Lu Zhao didn't persuade him, and said "Yes": "I know."

It feels good to be understood without having to say it completely. Bai Li squinted his eyes and enjoyed this feeling. Before Lu Zhao was called out, he talked to the substitute. The video of the battle, the two discussed for a while.

"I found that you are more suitable for educating his younger brother than Situ," Bai Li said, "you are very good at teaching and educating people."

Lu Zhao reacted for a few seconds: "What education?"

"Just now," Bai Li patted the sofa, "Si Dong is sitting here, asking questions like a silly dog." Lu Zhao understood: "

You I heard it all."

"I put Situjia aside and came back," Bai Li said confidently, "But I don't know how to deal with the troubles of teenagers in the confused period, so I decided to let the idol of teenagers solve the teenagers for me." The idol of teenagers

Lu The major general was very helpless: "I didn't educate him."

"Very good," Bai Li said, "It's better than Situ and I combined."

Lu Zhao shook his head.

Bai Li leaned on him and said, "Really, you are more like a brother than us."

"You don't need to say it," Lu Zhao said, "You've been doing it, he understands."

Bai Li shook Lu Zhao's hand and squeezed: "Then Yes, after all, I am also a brother."

"Well," Lu Zhao smiled, "Brother Li."

For a moment, one of Bai Li's nerves twitched subtly.

He was still leaning on Lu Zhao, and said in a low voice, "Ah, I didn't hear you clearly, call again."

Lu Zhao was stunned for a moment, and after he realized it, he couldn't laugh or cry.

"Hurry up." Bai Li urged with red ears.

"Is it interesting?" Lu Zhao said helplessly.

"I've called you brother so many times," Bai Li looked at him, "Do you think it's interesting?"

Lu Zhao really didn't understand what kind of rubbish Bai Li was pretending to be in, so he pretended not to hear and continued to watch the video.

When Bai Li felt that the game was over, he spread out on the sofa and closed his eyes to take a nap, as if giving up, he heard Lu Zhao whisper in his ear: "Li Li." Bai Li turned his head

to the other side.

Lu Zhao laughed, and said, "Brother Li."

Bai Li quickly turned his head back, closed his eyes and replied, "Brother Li, sleep for a while, and when I wake up, I will use the machine armor to make a big deal.

" On the day when the solicitation competition started, the attention of the military academy and major legions reached an unprecedented peak.

The opening ceremony is a tradition of solicitation competitions over the years. In this opening ceremony, all drivers will gather in the main arena to show the mechs they drive to the judges, military academy and major legions.

The huge main arena can accommodate tens of thousands of spectators, but because the competition is targeted at groups, there are not many votes, and the audience seats are not full. Instead, there are suspended live broadcast robots floating on the periphery of the arena.

Thousands of suspended robots shuttled over the arena, and the light of the shooting lights filled the huge space, blending into the virtual universe and stars, becoming a flowing star cluster.

Behind these suspended robots are screens one after another, and countless audiences.

Among the countless spectators, there are different genders, residents of different affiliated planets, students and members of the legion, soldiers with many battles, and young eagles that are still growing. There are front-line officers, garrison troops, and soldiers from the logistics department.

Discussions on the mecha forum have been endless. Although the opening ceremony has not yet started, the pilots from various research institutes who came to participate in the competition outside the main arena are amazing enough.

This year's solicitation competition gathers talents and stars compete for glory.

"Bring me another bottle of water," Situ stood backstage, sweating all over nervously, "Why am I so thirsty!" , Be careful and go to the toilet later."

Several venues were divided in the backstage of the arena for the technicians and drivers of the research institute to rest and adjust.

The technicians didn't need to go on stage, they were only responsible for adjusting the data and the simulation chamber, but Situ was still so nervous that he took a bottle of water by himself, and couldn't unscrew it for a long time.

A hand reached out and unscrewed it for him.

"Drink," Bai Li said, "Drink two more sips for me, I'll choke when I see you."

Situ took the water and punched Bai Li: "Are you not nervous at all?"

"Little scene, "Bai Li flicked her bangs, "My face can withstand being photographed from any angle."

Several researchers smiled, still rubbing their hands and stamping their feet nervously.

It was just a cutscene opening ceremony, but for some reason, everyone tensed up.

They really came to this main arena.

Jiang Hao brought Han Miao and Chen Nan to the backstage. They will sit in the auditorium in a while, and now they come to the backstage to check the situation in advance.

Bai Li chatted briefly with them, and walked to the door leading to the arena backstage.

With his back turned to him, Lu Zhao folded his arms and looked at the long dark corridor outside the door. At the end of the corridor is the arena that is shining with stars and lights, but from here, there is only a small gap there.

This gap is where Bai Li is going to go.

"Flowers," Bai Li walked over and put his arms around Lu Zhao's shoulders, "You are very handsome today."

Lu Zhao is wearing a military uniform today, which is what he will wear on all important occasions.

Although he had seen it on the cruise ship, Bai Li still couldn't get enough of it.

Lu Zhao regained his composure and looked sideways at Bai Li: "You're nervous."

"Shh," Bai Li whispered, "don't let them hear you."

Lu Zhao pulled Bai Li's hand off his shoulder and shook it. in hand.

Wrapped by Lu Zhao's palm, Bai Li felt that his slightly trembling fingers had finally calmed down.

They stood at the door, looking at the light-filled gap at the end of the corridor.

"I'll go there in a while," Bai Li said, "I'll stand in the center of the light, and there will be a mech I want to activate on the virtual screen." "Well, I'm in the

auditorium." Lu Zhao said, "Look at you, and your mech."

Bai Li's trembling stopped.

He didn't care about the eyes of other people in the background, turned his head and kissed Lu Zhao's lips.

With a loud roar, a virtual first-generation mecha of the Empire swooped down in the sky above the main arena. Amidst the exclamation of the audience, it hit the stage of the main arena, turned into speckled stars, and scattered in all directions.

The gentle voice of the robot sounded: "Under the guidance of the first-generation mechas, the new mechas will ignite a few more stars for the empire—" "

——this is the opening ceremony of the Imperial Academy's mecha competition!"

The first driver walked to the arena from the same way he was assigned. The moment he stepped into the arena, the mecha he was driving appeared beside him in a virtual projection mode, and walked along the arena with his steps.

There was a burst of exclamation in the auditorium, and the hovering robots passed by like shooting stars.

Lu Zhao stretched out his hand and smoothed a pleat on Bai Li's shoulder.

"See you later." Bai Li smiled, "Major General Lu."

Lu Zhao nodded, "See you later, Major General Bai."

All the audience in the backstage were asked to leave and went to their seats to watch the opening ceremony.

Bai Li stood in front of the door, looking at the dark corridor.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time," Situ walked to him and stopped, "I know you've been waiting even longer."

Bai Li was pushed by him.

"Take our mecha," Situ waved his fist, "Fuck it!"

Yang Han and several researchers waved their fists and let out a loud roar.

Bai Li straightened his suit collar and smiled: "This time Major General Bai will take you flying."

He turned his head, took a deep breath, and walked into the dark corridor.

He walks in this darkness.

It's been many years going forward.

On the huge arena, virtual mechas and their drivers walked by, and the artificial intelligence was broadcasting their respective models and driver names.

Bai Li stepped into the arena, looked sideways, and saw that huge dark blue mech appeared beside him.

Stardust drifted away from his path with every step, his mech walking with him.

Bai Li suddenly wanted to yell, but he heard applause and felt the lights.

This is his playing field, his battlefield.

Lu Zhao was watching him outside the court.

"White01 model, developed by Bai's Research Institute," the voice of the artificial intelligence is extremely clear, "Pilot, Bai Li."