Chapter 89

Bai Li knew very well that he was dreaming.

After all, old man Bai has been belching his farts for many years, and it's not normal to be able to beat him up on the training ground now.

The sky in the evening was a lazy warm orange. The grandpa and grandson sat down in a random corner of the training ground. Bai Li unscrewed the nutrient solution and complained to Mr. Bai that he drank it every day. The back of the head was slapped by old man Bai's iron palm.

"How many years have you been dead," Bai Li said, "why do you still beat me up like this?!" Mr. Bai laughed

loudly: "I can't die anymore, and you are also a grandson."

He was scolding, and his dissatisfaction with Mr. Bai reached a peak: "If I can choose myself, even if I am not born, I will not be your grandson of the old Bai family if I jumped off the stairs and died!

" He received another beating, it was still the familiar training ground, old master Bai's familiar sleeve-rolling movements, familiar tough guy education, he beat Bai Li solidly.

After beating the dream and still not waking up, the grandpa and grandson sat side by side to watch the sunset.

After a long time, Bai Li whispered, "If only you could live for two more years."

The old man Bai didn't say a word, and after a while he said, "I don't want to die early?" "

That's right," Bai Li said. It's very useful."

This time old man Bai didn't even bother to beat him up.

"Hey," Mr. Bai said looking at the warm sky, "Do you know why you are called Bai Li?"

Bai Li was annoyed: "Didn't you just look up the ancient earth data and look it up? Such a bad name."

"It's been a day, can you respect the fruit of Lao Tzu's labor?" Mr. Bai said, "The words are translated, but they are written for you because they feel suitable." Bai Li looked at him sideways

.

"As soon as I saw you, such a small person, I didn't know what to do, but I thought you would go through a lot of unhappy days in your life." Mr. Bai gestured to a baby-sized length, "I hope you are strong and able to Fight against the idiots in the world. I hope you are strong and brave, and the pain you have experienced will eventually become your glory."

Bai Li couldn't figure out whether the old man Bai in his dream was a consolation he imagined, or if there really was such a person.

He propped his back on the ground, stretched his legs, and remained silent.

"'Experience' is the trace left by time." Mr. Bai said, "I hope you have experienced everything, and you can still move forward."

Bai Li twitched his lips: "

I really think highly of me." explain.

It was windy in the evening, but the weather was fine, warm and comfortable.

Bai Li said again: "I'm still 'strong and brave', why don't you just name me Bai Qiangqiang

?

" ..."oh.

Seeing Bai Li's deflated expression, old man Bai laughed and said, "Being strong is so tiring. You have to be strong when you need it. Let's forget about being strong for the rest of your life." Even in a dream, the nutrient

solution is not very tasty. The grandfather and grandson didn't speak any more, Bai Li's head gradually lowered, then lowered again, and finally buried it on his knees.

"I miss you so much."

Old man Bai patted him on the back: "The rainy season is over, everything will be fine in the future."

Then he stood up, stretched himself, and patted Bai Li's head.

Tiezhang pulled Bai Li's head so that it dangled like a ball.

Bai Li stretched out his hand again to grab the corner of old man Bai's clothes, but when he stretched out his hand, it was in vain.

After this emptiness, he opened his eyes.

Bai Li's last memory was being carried into the medical vehicle. His legs hurt so badly that he felt exhausted. Blood dripped all the way from the wound. Lu Zhao's hand covering it was useless. In the end, someone gave him an analgesic injection. He also lost consciousness when the drug took effect.

What came into view was the ceiling of the hospital above, the dark room with no lights on, the sound of rain, and even the smell of disinfectant was exactly the same as in the nightmare, but Bai Li was not afraid.

He smelled the familiar smell of grass.

I don't know how long I slept. This sleep was very long and comfortable, but it was a bit stiff after sleeping too much. Bai Li turned his face to the side, and Lu Zhao was lying beside him. His clothes had already been changed, and the injury on his waist could not be seen.

Bai Li touched Lu Zhao's head.

With a light touch, Lu Zhao sat up suddenly, held Bai Li's hand, and touched Bai Li's forehead with the other hand to take the temperature.

"Don't get excited," Bai Li said in a hoarse voice, "Scare me, how is your waist injury?"

Lu Zhao's complexion was very bad, pale and tired, his eyes were bloodshot, he shook his head to express that he was fine, and spoke The voice sounded like he hadn't drank water for eight hundred years: "My name is Lao Zheng."

There was a pager by the bedside, and Lao Zheng hurried over with the nurse after a while.

After asking a few words, Lao Zheng's expression was not very good, but he didn't say much, and only asked Bai Li to rest first.

The heavy rain was still falling outside the window, and the sky was dark and it was impossible to tell the time.

"Did you bandage it?" Bai Li asked, "You just sit here? How long have you been sitting?" "It's

bandaged." Lu Zhao kept holding his hand, "Not long."

Bai Li looked around, this is a separate ward , he lived alone, his left leg was fixed by a machine, probably because of an analgesic injection, and now there is only a dull, mild pain.

"What time is it?" Bai Li asked again.

Lu Zhao paused for a moment before replying: "On the 18th afternoon, at 6:10."

The day Bai Li defeated Tang Kaiyuan was on the 17th, and he won the qualification for the final, which should have been held on the morning of the 18th. .

Bai Li was a little dazed.

"The game has been postponed," Lu Zhao said hurriedly, "the opponent proposed it on his own initiative, and the details are still being discussed." "

Oh." Bai Li lay back on the pillow, his brain was still a little dull after waking up, and it took a while for him to slow down. Slowly said, "But I can't play the game anymore."

Lu Zhao shook his hand slightly, he didn't know how to speak.

"There is no substitute in the research institute, and the previous substitute is still in the hospital." Bai Li was very stable and didn't say anything else, "What did Situ say?" "He is in contact with the

substitute," Lu Zhao said with his head down, "Zhou Yue I'm also looking for someone to let you stay in the hospital."

Bai Li lay on the pillow and said "hmm".

The rain was loud, and the rain curtain outside the window blurred the outline of the empire, and some damp smell penetrated through the half-opened window.

Perhaps it was due to some mental preparations, or perhaps the deepest part of his heart had already guessed that such a day would come, Bai Li was very calm, and he didn't even ask himself about the condition of his left leg immediately.

After a while, he suddenly remembered that the 18th was also the date when Lu Zhao was going to the peripheral satellite for support. He turned his head and asked, "Huahua, when are you leaving?"

Lu Zhao held his hand and didn't answer.

"Let's go at night, what time?" Bai Li pressed his fingers, "Huh?"

Lu Zhao lowered his head and couldn't see his expression clearly. From Bai Li's perspective, he could only see his lips moving, but he didn't make a sound. .

In this silence, Bai Li tasted something wrong. He set off at night, but usually he would go to the army to gather in advance, but Lu Zhao was still wearing casual clothes at the moment. He has an injury on his waist, but according to the practice of the Legion, he will be allocated to the treatment personnel on the way to the destination to continue the treatment, and the arrangements will be made according to the situation when he arrives at the place.

Bai Li realized that Lu Zhao did not obey the transfer order.

He sat up straight in shock: "Why didn't you go to the Legion?"

Bai Li's hand was pulled back vigorously, but Lu Zhao clenched it tightly, but said nothing.

"Are you crazy? Do you still want to be in the military?" Bai Li said angrily, "Why did you promise me? Ah? Lu Zhao!" A layer of sticky

sweat broke out from the clasped hands, which also made There was less resistance when Bai Li smoked, and Lu Zhao finally couldn't hold it back. He took Bai Li's hand with both hands, leaned down and pressed his forehead against his hand: "No more, I won't." Bai

Li Li has never seen Lu Zhao like this, he couldn't move his hands, and just sat there in a daze.

"Don't you respect any of my choices?" Lu Zhao's voice trembled uncontrollably, but he still tried to make himself less choked up, "I will choose now, I will choose you, I will not choose anything else, not the army Fuck Zerg, I'm right here, Bai Li, I'll choose you."

Bai Li felt the back of his hand wet, whether it was the original novel or the reality, Bai Li had never thought that Lu Zhao would cry before this.

The Imperial Eagle has no weakness, is powerful and invincible.

It turned out that the tears were also hot.

It was as if holes had been scalded in Bai Li's heart. Bai Li felt his heart hurt badly, and countless emotions poured in from those holes, making him about to explode.

I do not like this.

I don't want you to leave the place you love like me, and take a sharp turn on the road of life, and spend the next few decades in regret and sigh.

I think so again.

You want nothing but me.

This despicable and selfish feeling made Bai Li feel like a scumbag. He wanted to harden his heart and withdraw his hand, telling Lu Zhao to pack his things and return to the army immediately.

This person was very stubborn, stubborn, and when Bai Li's words reached his lips, they became a sigh held in his throat.

"Hey," Bai Li rubbed Lu Zhao's cheek with his hand, "I'm not driving you away, don't do that."

Lu Zhao shook his head.

"Then why," Bai Li said, "competition? Legs? It's okay, really, I didn't cry."

This dry comfort had no effect. When Lu Zhao said "legs" Body tense.

Bai Li is at a loss for words.

On the back of his hand, he could still feel the warm tears falling from Lu Zhao's eyes, but there was no sound. I couldn't hear the choking, and if I didn't know enough, I could hardly hear the emotional ups and downs in Lu Zhao's voice.

Bai Li had never seen anyone who could cry so peacefully.

"Lu Zhao, Major General Lu," Bai Li wiped Lu Zhao's eyes with the back of his hand, "make a noise." The

ward was quiet, and when Bai Li thought he would not speak again, Lu Zhao opened his mouth: "I If you block it, you won't be like this."

Ninety-nine steps out of a hundred, why is this step stuck here?

Lu Zhao couldn't figure it out.

He has been thinking about this problem during the time he was sitting here. If he didn't come to watch the game, Bai Li might have left with the research institute. If he hadn't supported Bai Li to walk that way, he probably wouldn't have encountered this matter. If he moved faster, if he resisted the influence of the pheromone, he blocked it, at least it wouldn't be Bai Li lying here.

After everyone left, only him and Bai Li, who had a high fever and fell asleep, were left in the ward, and the time became very difficult.

Bai Li was still asleep, but what he had said was clear in Lu Zhao's mind. He remembered what Bai Li said on the Beatles when he was susceptible.

Bai Li said that this leg may have to be hit again, it will be useless, and it will not be able to stand up. Lu Zhao thought he was afraid, but Bai Li said that he would know at that time, in fact, the feeling of "nothing can change" would be a kind of torture.

Bai Li is like a magic stick who does not know the prophet, he explained it in advance, and when that day really comes, it will make Lu Zhaobie feel too uncomfortable.

When this day really came, Lu Zhao realized that it was no longer a matter of being uncomfortable or not.

Except for this ward, everything outside has disappeared. Lu Zhao couldn't feel any discomfort, every breath would bring a heavy burden, he was overwhelmed by the huge and thick emotions.

Bai Li didn't expect Lu Church to say that, he didn't even think Lu Church would make such an impossible assumption.

"Look up," Bai Li moved his hands, "Why am I so unwilling to listen to your nonsense?" The

harder he moved, the lower Lu Zhao's head was.

Bai Li gave up the idea of ​​making him look up, lying on the pillow, turned his hand over and scratched Lu Zhao's cheek.

"Scared," Bai Li said, "You call it 'scared'."

The layer upon layer of fog in Lu Zhao's heart was torn away, and he finally realized that the feeling that made him collapse more than the discomfort was What.

This is called fear.

He was afraid of seeing Bai Li's face, afraid of seeing disappointment and frustration on Bai Li's face. Bai Li, who had walked ninety-nine steps, just fell behind one hundred steps.

He was afraid that Bai Li would ask himself if he could still compete, and that Bai Li was in so much pain that there was nothing he could do.

Lu Zhao was afraid of seeing himself weak and incompetent in Bai Li's eyes.

Compared with his own remorse and sadness, being unable to share his lover's injury and pain made him feel more at a loss and fear.

"I didn't think so," Lu Zhao heard that his voice was stable, and he could still maintain his calm appearance, "Just take it easy." "

Well," Bai Li said, "Brother Major General is the most annoying."

Lu Zhao Zhao silently twitched the corner of his mouth.

Then I heard Bai Li say again: "I'm quite scared, why don't you hug me."

In Lu Zhao's life, Bai Li was the most gentle and soft person he had ever met.

The cunning gentleness, the softness of the stitches, weaves into a huge net, covering Lu Zhao's head, unable to turn over.

Lu Zhao knew that Bai Li was giving him a chance to seek comfort. While feeling contemptuous of his weakness, he couldn't help but put his arms around Bai Li's neck and buried his face in his neck.

Bai Lihui put his arms around Lu Zhao, and heard a suppressed, almost indistinguishable sob.

He also patted Lu Zhao on the back clumsily, which was really frightening.

It's no wonder that everything went well a second ago, but suddenly it became like this.

Bai Li experienced this kind of shock once, but Lu Zhao never experienced it.

Probably before that, Major General Lu had already started to make plans to work with Bai Li in the First Army Corps.

"Go to rest for a while?" Bai Li said softly, "You look very bad."

Lu Zhao shook his head.

Bai Li couldn't help it, in fact, he also felt a little indescribable. Being in the hospital can always feel lonely, and it's different when you have someone to accompany you.

"Then lie here with me," Bai Li patted the vacant space on the right side of the bed, "Squeeze."

This private ward is specially prepared for people like Bai Li. The bed is quite spacious, but not enough for two people. A tall, burly adult lay loosely. Lu Zhao leaned against Bai Li tightly, and the two were squeezed together on the hospital bed.

After venting his emotions, Lu Zhao calmed down a lot, his eyes were still red, but his breathing eased when he lay down.

Although they have been married for so long, they sometimes hug each other when they lie on the same bed, but this is the first time they are so close together.

The pillow was laid flat, Bai Li's head was next to Lu Zhao's, and Lu Zhao's arm rested on him.

"The wound is okay?" Bai Li lifted Lu Zhao's clothes.

The waist on the right side that was not next to the bed was simply wrapped with an emergency bandage, and some redness could be seen faintly, Bai Li frowned and touched it.

"Small injury," Lu Zhao let him touch it, "It's not bleeding anymore, it's the blood from when it was just wrapped."

Bai Li pulled up his clothes, "Where's the lunatic?"

He stopped talking about the little bastard.

"I don't know." Lu Zhao closed his eyes, "I didn't ask."

Indeed, he didn't ask. At that time, he was completely distracted, and he was only concerned with sending Bai Li, who was curled up in pain, to the medical car.

From Bai Li's entry into the hospital to the injection of analgesic injections to fall asleep, Lu Zhao's memory during this period is very chaotic. Situ Jianghao also brought many subsequent external situations, but he actually couldn't listen to them.

Bai Li didn't continue to ask, he was tired from sleep, and he was quite energetic at the moment, looking at the rain curtain outside the window with his eyes open.

Lu Zhao couldn't sleep either, he just closed his eyes and remained silent, even less able to speak than before. The hand on Bai Li's abdomen unconsciously tugged at his clothes.

This very childish action made Bai Li want to laugh, but felt a little sour. A person like Lu Zhao probably never did this even when he was really a child.

"Legion." Bai Li slowed down his voice, "Jiang Hao should think of a way, you still have time to go tomorrow."

Lu Zhao didn't say anything, and silently refused.

Two words popped into Bai Li's mind: self-willed.

There was a sound of rain, the wards on this floor were all high-end independent wards, no one lived in them, the corridors were quiet, and only each other's breathing could be heard in the wards.

"In fact, I always thought that there would be such a day." Bai Li looked at the blurred empire in the rain, and said flatly, "Except that the lunatic's collapse was his own fault, I sometimes feel that I haven't changed the plot." Lu Zhao didn't know how to say

, He could only say forcefully: "No."

"I still reached the end where my left leg was disabled," Bai Li smiled, "During this process, you were imprisoned by my side just like the original track, and most of your future was ruined." "

Lu Zhao's hand holding his clothes slowly clenched into a fist, and said in a low voice, "It's different." After a pause, "I am willing." When the

last three words were said, Bai Li suddenly felt a little nervous. speechless.

He hasn't come out of that numb feeling until now, maybe he has experienced too many disappointments, and this time the disappointment didn't come stronger.

Compared with the time when he was injured and retired from the military and was angry all day in the ward, he felt that he could accept everything now calmly.

At least the world consciousness has completely disappeared, Tang Kaiyuan is probably hopeless, the center of the world does not exist, and this world does not need world consciousness.

It will be fine in the future.

He will get used to it.

In fact, one leg is not bad, young master Bai, who is physically disabled and strong, will continue to work hard.

It will be fine, it will be fine.

Bai Li closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and didn't want to continue to fall into this thought-provoking silence. He smiled and said, "I dreamed about the old man again." The

topic changed quickly, and Lu Zhao didn't say anything. .

"He beat me up," Bai Li said, "and told me that our family has an ancestor named Bai Jianqiang."

Lu Zhao's fist did not loosen, but clenched even tighter.

He didn't get a reply, and Bai Li didn't stop: "I have to go to the old house when I'm discharged from the hospital. You should go too. There are a lot of things over there. See what you can use and move back. I don't want to live there. By the way, every room has memories of my beatings..." "

It is estimated that I will not be able to travel this year, but there are quite a few places to visit in the main star, and I can go to see it when I am discharged from the hospital." "

This rain It should be the last scene, and it will be sunny tomorrow."

After talking a lot, Bai Li didn't quite know what he was talking about, but he couldn't stop talking.

As long as he talks, his brain can take a short break, so he has to keep talking.

Lu Zhao moved his head and finally made a move.

He raised his hand to cover Bai Li's mouth, then half sat up and put Bai Li's head in his arms.

Bai Li called out, "Flowers?"

"I'm sorry," Lu Zhao covered him up, "I'm too weak, let you comfort me."

Bai Li didn't react.

"You are the one who suffers the most," Lu Zhao said, "Cry for a while."

Warm darkness enveloped Bai Li, and the quilt was enchanted.

In this enchantment, people will always be easily punctured, unable to hold back the tears that fill their hearts.

Bai Li's hands grabbed Lu Zhao's back uncontrollably, pushing him closer to him, and buried his face in the other's arms, unable to stop his body shaking.

"I've already prepared an application to be transferred to an affiliated army." Lu Zhao's voice sounded again, very soft, and he still couldn't speak softly, thinking that the volume he used was soft enough, but gentle, "It's not the first-line army, I can replace you Mech armor."

"There are very few things I can do, Bai Li, I can't do other things well, and I can't even block knives very well," Lu Zhao rubbed Bai Li's arm with his hand, "But the mech I can't do well. I will definitely be able to do it well."

Bai Li wanted to say that you are an idiot, and now you apply, but it turns out that the competition has been over for 800 years.

But all the words were squeezed into the throat, and what came out was a sob.

Why the fuck is that?

He also wanted to live a smooth life. I want to live my whole life without any serious illness or catastrophe. I want to be ordinary, worry about oil, salt, sauce and vinegar, fall asleep when I am tired from work during the day, have no dreams all night, wake up and kiss the person I like before going to work.

He also thought about a life that everyone was watching. The character design of the proud son of heaven, with a script that slaps faces all the way, lives chicly and recklessly, crushing all kinds of miscellaneous soldiers, then has a happy love, gets married naturally, and spends the rest of his life together with the blessings of relatives and friends.

He didn't want to be called Bai Li.

Not all experiences are good and pleasant.

Why is he Bai Li.

The first choked sob came out, and the subsequent crying could not be suppressed. Lu Zhao felt like he was holding a ball of light full of holes. He had no body, but he would emit soft light and choke Lu Zhao's heart.

"So I really..." Bai Li said hoarsely, "I'm a supporting role."

It turned out that he was still disappointed.

No matter how hard you struggle, how brilliant you are, at the end you will use two or three sentences to summarize Yu Sheng's supporting role.

So he is not smooth sailing, he does not attract much attention, he has to work hard to get to where he is today.

Lu Zhao closed his eyes unbearably. He was pierced by these words and couldn't breathe.

"The real world never needs a protagonist." Lu Zhao said, "Everyone is someone else's supporting role."

Bai Li's hand was very hard, and his back hurt from being scratched, but he hoped that it would hurt again Some.

Pain will keep people awake, and they will not cry along with the headache.

At this moment, Lu Zhao didn't want to be Bai Li's floating board, nor did he want to be an unsinkable boat. He hoped that he was Bai Li's falcon. Except for hunting, he only stayed on Bai Li's arm.

Then Bai Li would know one thing clearly, at least in this world, Lu Zhao would only choose him.

"I love you, Bai Li," Lu Zhao hugged Bai Li tightly with his own body, "I love you, you are my protagonist."

Imperfect protagonist, sensitive and hypocritical little character, flesh and blood, stumbling.

But Lu Zhao is willing to offer all the prey and stay on his arm for a second.

The empire's heavy rain poured down like the sky falling, washing away everything on the main star.

The rainy season is coming to an end.

Tomorrow will be a brand new day.