Chapter 45

In Bai Li's memory, the family has always been only him and old man Bai, as well as the portraits of the previous family heads hanging on the walls of the old house.

This is a very aristocratic habit, but after Mr. Bai realized that he might only have one omega descendant, this habit was thrown out of the sky, and he didn't pick it up until Bai Li was taken into the Bai family.

Accompanying Bai Li growing up, apart from the noble banquets and the iron fist of Mr. Bai, there are only those strange family members' faces on the wall that will never change.

He has seen the image of old man Bai's partner, projected on the wall of the old man's bedroom with a virtual screen, it is a gentle and delicate omega, the image will always only say one sentence: "Take medicine on time, eat on time, I love you."

Bai Li felt that this sentence was turning over and over, and it was boring. Besides, Master Bai was accustomed to it. He puts that virtual image every day. He should eat and drink. , very disrespectful to the deceased.

Before his death, old man Bai was lying on the bed in the bedroom of the old house, unconscious, and the image on the wall was still saying: "Take medicine on time, eat on time, I love you." Old man Bai was unconscious, but he still said

vaguely One sentence: "Me too." The rest of the words were very unclear, and Bai Li listened to him to hear clearly.

"I love you guys."

Mythology in the military world stopped breathing on that bed. Bai Li walked over and turned off the virtual screen that hadn't been turned off since he remembered it. Li lost two relatives at the same time.

Bai Li felt that the old man's sentence "I love you" before he left should still include him, but he didn't know if Bai Ying was included.

The warm light in the corridor reflected Mrs. Tang's face softly and beautifully, which was somewhat similar to the one on the virtual screen in Mr. Bai's bedroom in memory.

Mrs. Tang spoke, and her voice pulled Bai Li back to reality from the distraction: "Li Li, how have you been recently?

" Not hot or cold, "What's the matter with you? I'm busy. A spring night is worth a thousand dollars, Mrs. Tang, I'm in a hurry." Mrs. Tang tasted the indecency in

these words, and the blush immediately dyed half of her face: "I , I'm fine..."

"Come on." Bai Li wanted to leave.

Mrs. Tang was stunned, and then hurriedly said: "I just want to tell you that I had... something to do on the day you and Major General Lu got married, and I couldn't make it over there. I want to bless you all, and I have someone send a congratulatory gift to you , but it was returned."

"Well," Bai Li said lightly, "you sent the latest repairing solution for soaking." "

Yes, yes," Mrs. Tang said happily, "I heard that it is very useful, I will I have been worried about yours...but why did you return it?"

Bai Li stopped and glanced at her: "Because I am allergic to most soaking methods."

Mrs. Tang froze in place, and then lightened after a few seconds. He said softly: "I'm sorry, I don't know..."

"It's okay," Bai Li smiled, "What can you know? You don't know anything."

He smiled casually, and the blood on Madam Tang's face turned a little bit child faded down.

"I'm sorry," Madam Tang's lips moved, her voice was very low, "I'm sorry, I won't be like this in the future."

She unconsciously picked a corner of her skirt with one hand, and lowered her head, not daring to look at Bai Li's face , but refused to give in, unwilling to just walk away.

Bai Li felt that he and Bai Ying were both ridiculous. They stood here as if there was really a deep affection between them.

He remembered that when he was just in primary school, Bai Ying sneaked out from Tang's house, sprained her foot halfway, and limped and hid in a corner to watch him after school.

The driver was late, Bai Li stood at the school gate and waited for a long time, until finally Bai Ying couldn't help but slipped out from the corner, asked him why he didn't go home, asked him if he was tired from standing, and asked him what grade he was in. What class, what subjects do you like, what job do you want to do in the future.

Bai Ying thought that Bai Li didn't know her, so she blushed and said that she was a school teacher and she was just asking about the situation. Finally, he asked Bai Li again, asking if his grandfather had taken his medicine and eaten on time recently.

Bai Li couldn't remember how he answered, but he only remembered that he was the same as now, thinking that he and Bai Ying were both ridiculous.

When the driver came, Bai Li got on the suspension car and waited for the car to go a certain distance before looking back. Bai Ying trotted for a few steps, her feet hurt, but she finally stopped.

Bai Ying has always been like this, she will stop when it hurts, she will burst into tears, and she is helpless to deal with any problems.

He never knew whether Bai Ying had secretly read Bai Li in the original book like this, nor did he know what kind of feelings Bai Li had for this mother in the book.

Bai Li always felt that his feelings for Bai Ying should tend to be indifferent, after all, he never wanted to have anything to do with this old woman who had the same background in the original book from the very beginning. But maybe it's because he is not the original Bai Li, so his behavior is different. As a result, in the details that cannot be covered by the plot, Bai Ying secretly approached him several times at the banquet.

At that time, old man Bai's health was not well enough, Bai Li took the title of the heir of the Bai family to participate in banquets of nobles, drank too much wine, and was almost frightened by Bai Ying who slipped into the washroom of Alpha when he went to the toilet Liberated on the spot.

Bai Ying was still the same, asking him how he was doing recently, and then asking how Mr. Bai was doing.

Maybe it was because he drank too much wine and couldn't control his emotions well, so Bai Li suddenly became angry and scolded harshly, telling Bai Ying not to mention old man Bai anymore, and stop playing this bitter drama.

Bai Ying didn't cry that time, she shrank her shoulders from being scolded, saying sorry over and over again.

After that day, Bai Li found himself angry with Bai Ying.

Anger, disappointment, incomprehension and a little bitterness.

Bai Li came back to his senses. He realized that he was always distracted today. He pressed his forehead and said, "Okay, I'll leave first if you have nothing else to do." "

Li Li," Madam Tang grabbed Bai Li's hand. Li's arm, "Don't be angry, I just want to ask if you are in better health, and if you are happy after marriage, I wanted to see you when you were in the hospital, but I have something to do... " "What's the matter with you?" Bai Li finally couldn't take it anymore, and turned around to look at Bai Ying, "What's the matter with

you, so that you can't go home when the old man dies?!"

Da, holding Bai Ying's hand pulled forward, revealing a section of white arm under the cuff of the long-sleeved dress, and the blue-purple bruise on it.

Bai Li's gaze fell on it, and the half-smile expression on his face froze. A few seconds later, his "Master Bai" mask finally cracked, and anger filled his entire face.

Madam Tang withdrew her hand in panic, pulled her sleeves and took two steps back, trying to run away, but Bai Li grabbed her and pulled her sleeves away.

"He hit you again?" Bai Li looked at the scraped and bruised arm, and said softly, "He hit you again." "It was an accident." Mrs. Tang said tremblingly, "

Really , Lili, I'm fine."

Bai Li didn't say a word.

Mrs. Tang said again: "It's getting late, you should go to rest. Oh yes, say hello to Major General Lu and me, you are a good match, and you should live happily." There was noise in

Bai Li's mind.

A mixture of rage, hatred and powerlessness filled his chest, attacking every nerve in him. He couldn't understand Bai Ying, he felt that Bai Ying was like a puddle of mud that could never be picked up.

Bai Li's lips moved: "You must..."

Mrs. Tang didn't hear clearly, this time she easily withdrew her arm from Bai Li's hand, but she was keenly aware of the pheromone that belonged to Bai Li. fluctuation. Although her body is a little fragile, her mental strength is still quite good. She withstood the pressure and felt that Bai Li's state was not right, so she said tentatively: "Li Li, I'm really fine, don't worry, okay?

" Seconds later, Bai Li's extremely angry roar sounded: "You must hang yourself on the tree of Tang Xiao, right?!

" Squeezing out from his chest, he pulled back Mrs. Tang's arm, but he didn't dare to look at the skin under the cuff, "I said that he is a fucking scum! I said you have to leave him, I will give you money, you Go wherever you want, how many times have I told you! Ah? Bai Ying, do you still know your name is Bai Ying? Do you still know that your father's surname is Bai?" Madam Tang's eyes filled with tears, she bit her

tongue Lips refused to speak.

"Do you know where the old man died? Have you ever thought about how he felt when he died without seeing you?" Bai Li asked for the first time in so many years, "If you choose this road, don't you Pretending to be a mother in front of me, okay?"

Maybe it was the last sentence that pierced Mrs. Tang's heart, she covered her face, and finally raised her voice: "He said my father is fine, and that the empire has a new treatment It's a trick, as long as I am obedient, I will be able to go home and see him in a few days!"

Bai Li stood where he was, feeling like he had been poured with cold water.

"I've made up my mind. I want to apologize. I can do whatever I want, as long as my father lives well. I haven't had the face to see my father for so many years. I will definitely not make him angry when we meet this time..." Mrs. Tang said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

After a long time, Bai Li said, his voice hoarse: "The legs are growing on your body, won't you come back by yourself."

Just now venting seemed to take away Madam Tang's energy, she slowly shook her head. Shaking his head, he whispered: "Lili, you don't know, you don't know how much Omega will rely on Alpha after being repeatedly marked for life. Just smelling a little bit of residual pheromone is enough for me to surrender." Surrender

.

Bai Li closed his eyes.

If life-time marking is the stamp that Alpha puts on omega, then repeated life-time marking and injecting a large amount of pheromone into omega's glands is a means to force omega to become addicted.

Over time, the surrender of the body will gradually penetrate into the bone marrow and become the surrender of the soul.

It's not that it can't be washed off, but the damage to the body will be greater and there will be certain sequelae. Mrs. Tang is no longer young, and her body is relatively weak. The canary-like life these years has already made her very weak. She is not sure if she can bear the pain of washing off the marks.

She is the kind of person who stops when she feels pain.

"It's actually not that bad," Mrs. Tang wiped away her tears. "Really, he will apologize, coax me, and buy me a lot of presents. He said he will always love me, and we are still very close." Have feelings."

Bai Li looked at her, feeling that he and Bai Ying were both ridiculous.

He may have lived for a long time and really took himself seriously, thinking that he could pull Bai Ying out of the quagmire.

No one can pull Bai Ying out of the quagmire, she is living in a dream she has woven, and once she wakes up, she has to face unbearable facts.

Goldfish cannot go to the sea.

"You said you didn't come to the wedding because you had something to do," Bai Li asked hoarsely, and his voice calmed down, "What's the matter?"

Mrs. Tang was silent for a while: "When I went to the hospital, I asked a question that was repeatedly marked for life." How to deal with it, he was very angry."

He was very angry, so she couldn't go out and see people for several days.

Not to mention Bai Li's wedding, a happy occasion, she felt happy just thinking about it.

Bai Li smiled coldly: "You call this 'feeling'."

Mrs. Tang lowered her eyes and said in a nasal voice: "I thought it was."

It's so boring.

Bai Li thought to himself, it's too boring.

"Let's go," Bai Li rubbed his forehead, "I'm... not in good shape today, maybe I drank a little too much."

Mrs. Tang wanted to ask about Bai Li's physical condition, but seeing Bai Li's frown He held back again, nodded slightly, but didn't leave, standing there hesitantly.

Bai Li asked: "Is there anything else?"

"Well," Mrs. Tang's eyes were still a little red, but her emotions were under control, and she said awkwardly, "Major General Lu, he...he...you understand the physical injuries. ?"

Bai Li put down his hand rubbing his forehead, half-closed his eyes and looked at her, trying to find some clues from her face. After a long while, she said: "He didn't hide it from me."

Madam Tang breathed a sigh of relief, clasped her hands together again, rubbed her thumbs together, and said softly: "I'm afraid you misunderstood, since you know, then I don't have much to say. After a pause, she looked at Bai Li's face, and said after deliberation, "Li Li, Major General Lu's physical injury is not his fault, don't be unhappy, you two should be well." There was a silence in the corridor, Bai

Li Li's brows loosened slightly.

"Well," he replied, "I know."

Mrs. Tang nodded. She didn't know the real condition of Lu Zhao's body, so she just said: "However, you still have to persist in the treatment. You are the only one in the Bai family. You still have to There is an heir——"

"You don't understand," Bai Li looked at her and said calmly, "I don't need a family, I just need a family."

Mrs. Tang looked at him blankly.

"Two people can be a home," Bai Li said, "I just want him to be at ease."

The lights in the corridor were in a warm color, and Mrs. Tang staggered a little when she walked. Her heels were so high that she almost sprained her ankle again. .

When she left completely, Bai Li was still standing there, surrounded by silence, he thought of Bai Ying's back when she left, her hair was pulled up high, her swan-like neck should have been exposed, but it was covered by the high-necked dress Strictly.

Bai Li thought, what does he actually know about Bai Ying? Maybe Bai Ying couldn't wear the necklace he gave Bai Ying.

He squatted down slowly in the warm light, feeling that he was pressed by something and couldn't breathe.

Someone came over and stood in front of him.

Bai Li raised his head upwards and saw Lu Zhao's face.

Lu Zhao still had that calm expression, with no extra emotions, only a pair of eyes, and when he looked at Bai Li, it would reflect Bai Li's outline.

The two of them didn't say anything, after a while, Bai Li smiled: "I was a little loud just now."

Lu Zhao looked at him: "Yeah."

Bai Li asked: "Did you hear that?"

Lu Zhao Said: "Yeah."

Bai Li gave a "fuck" sound: "Did you hear that?" "

Yeah," Lu Zhao said calmly, "I overheard, sorry." Mainly because he couldn't hold back.

"Brother Major General, you don't mean to be sorry at all." Bai Li tilted his head to look at him for a while, and finally lowered his head again, "Oh, bad debt, damn it, I'm so annoying." From knowing Bai

Li Until now, it was the first time Lu Zhao heard such words from Bai Li.

Give up on yourself, helpless and powerless. It's not like Young Master Bai at all, Lu Zhao thought, but he still doesn't hate it.

Bai Li squatted on the ground, buried his head deeply, and Lu Zhao called him, "Bai Li."

There was no response, and he didn't even bother to move.

Lu Zhao stood for a while, then squatted down, very close to Bai Li. He raised his hand and rubbed Bai Li's head: "Go back to the room, Bai Li."

Bai Li nodded, but still didn't move. He knew he should stand up and go back to his room, what's the matter with always squatting in the corridor like this? But he just couldn't get up.

He couldn't stand up.

"Hua Hua, you don't know," Bai Li's voice sounded muffled, "She was raised by the old man's partner so obediently, so obediently, she did what the old man said, never refuted, she was obedient and well-behaved , Unlike me, she didn't take the initiative to ask for anything, she lived in a world without wind and rain before she got married, and she regarded everyone as a good person." Lu Zhao's heart was so blocked that he no longer had any feelings for his mother

. How many memories, I don't know how Bai Li feels. But just seeing Bai Li like this made it hard to breathe.

"She was willful just once, just once." Bai Li's voice showed a trace of repressed unwillingness and anger, "I can't stand her, and I can't help her." Lu Zhao stretched out his arms to hug Bai Li,

lips Rubbing his hair. Lu Zhao said, "Yes."

Bai Li smelled the faint smell of grass on his body, and he closed his eyes, feeling that he was extremely tired today.

The elevator sounded as it was running, and someone got on. It's not too early, and people will leave the table one after another, going to the rooms on each floor to rest.

"Let's go back first." Bai Li stood up on his knees, and smiled at Lu Zhao, "Go back and talk."

Lu Zhao pursed his lips and said nothing, stood up and went back to their room together.

Although he had opened the door just now, Lu Zhao didn't go in. He couldn't control himself since he heard Bai Li's answer. He stood at the corner and listened.

Lu Zhao took out his personal terminal.

"I was a little out of control just now," Bai Li's voice was still slightly hoarse, "It's shameful, don't mind."

Lu Zhao knew that he was saying that there was a moment just now when Bai Li's pheromones fluctuated due to emotional fluctuations. Cyclonus, Lu Zhao could feel it even after turning a corner. He shook his head: "It's okay, it's not serious, Madam Tang is not affected either."

The time was short, and Bai Li didn't show any aggressiveness. Lu Zhao hesitated at that time, but still didn't walk out of the corner to stop him.

After all, this is a matter between Bai Li and Bai Ying.

Bai Li lowered his eyes, watching Lu Zhao flexibly tap on the personal terminal, and the door opened. He said: "She has high mental strength, but she is not in good health. After her partner died, the old man asked her to exercise after returning to the main star, so she slowly adjusted it." "Yes." Lu Zhao didn't know how to answer, but he didn't want

to When Bai Li spoke alone, he could only make monotonous syllables.

The two walked into the room, and the room provided for the couple to live together was very large, facing a huge transparent wall, where they could fall asleep in the galaxy. The lights in the room were not turned on, and the two stood at the door, silently looking at the universe outside the transparent wall.

The vast universe, small troubles, but people will always face these troubles.

In the dark, Bai Li said: "I have thought about what it would be like if I had a child."

Lu Zhao's body trembled slightly: "I..."

"If my child is an omega, how can I teach him That's all right." Bai Li held his hand, and said in a calm voice, "The old man gave Bai Ying protection, let her grow up carefree, and lived a better life than many who were arranged to be married since she was a child, and took care of the family's social work. The O was relaxed and happy, but she failed to show her the wider world, meet more people, and learn to be responsible for herself."

Lu Zhao was silent for a few seconds, and said in a low voice: "Most omega are like this, I was in school When I was young, I also took omega etiquette courses to prepare for marriage. Many O can get married directly after graduation." Bai Li was a little surprised when

he heard this for the first time, and squeezed Lu Zhao's hand: "You still You chose to enter the military, and you also know that this choice will actually face many difficulties."

"My father passed away very early, and no one cares whether I get married or not." Lu Zhao said lightly, "I chose the difficulties myself." Bai Li asked again: "

If your parents are both present, you will follow the tradition of an omega since childhood. The process grows, will you still choose this way?"

No one spoke.

If both of Lu Zhao's parents are present and his family is relatively well-off, then he will be arranged to attend traditional omega courses as soon as he is born, accept his gender, obey his circumstances, and obey secular management.

Of course, maybe he will still maintain this stubbornness in his bones, and he will still choose this path, which is not impossible.

There are always a few people in the world who are born to break through the frame. But those in the framework are, after all, the majority.

"I heard that she used to be very interested in mecha research," Bai Li said again, "There are books on this in her room, but after she differentiated the gender of omega, the old man's partner put those things away Yes. Omega will be assigned to get married when they are old, and most of them will leave their jobs after marriage. It is more stable to be a husband and a child. She has always heard people say that, and later she felt the same way." Lu Zhao didn't know what to say

, He could only say "um", and shook Bai Li's hand comfortingly.

Bai Li talked a lot today, and he brought up his own views and memories more than usual. Lu Zhao wanted to hear Bai Li say these things before, but it was not like this, nor is it this occasion.

He remembered what Mrs. Tang said before leaving, "You still need an heir".

Bai Li looked at a sea of ​​stars and said: "When I first participated in the research and development of mechas, Situ proposed two plans. One was only for the development of alphas with physical defects, and the other was the current set of mechas that improve mental strength and connect to reduce mechas. A plan for the overall body connection requirements. The first set of plans has precedents, but it is not perfect, and the second set of plans needs to be explored from scratch, and it is not certain whether it will be successful." At that time, the institute had just started, and everything was

still Chaotic dilemma.

Lu Zhao turned his head to look at Bai Li. He had never heard Bai Li mention mecha research and development in this regard.

"When I saw the second plan, I was thinking, if there is a day, whether it is omega or bata, or even alpha," Bai Li's voice was very soft, and he recalled the choice that day, "If everyone can There are more choices, if children live in a world where they can make their own choices, be responsible for their choices and not regret it due to the outside world, can we live more comfortably." Lu Zhao's heart came a "pata

" a sound.

A drop of water falls on the heart, but it causes huge ripples.

Bai Li once made a choice, he chose the second plan.

At that time, their research institute was also known as the "Reemployment Base for the Disabled and Laid-off".

He still chose the second option.

Lu Zhao didn't know if Bai Li had regretted and wavered in the past few years. He couldn't even understand how Bai Li had to endure the pain in his left leg when he stepped down from the simulation cabin where the experiment failed again and again.

"I hope she has more choices when she picks up the book on mecha research, and I also hope that the boy from the Zhou family and Si Dong will not be influenced by others in their choices. I really, really hope that everyone The day when you have more choices." At the end of the day, Bai Li's voice was too low and deep, and his tone changed, "Lu Zhao, I hope you have more choices."

He held Lu Zhao's hand tightly, but still couldn't calm down the slight trembling.

"Go wherever you want, do whatever you want, I choose you, so respect any choice you make, and you won't regret it." Bai Li said, "Even if you don't have me in your choice.

" The world is weaved by these roads by choosing different paths again and again.

Sometimes Lu Zhao felt that there were really too few choices before him, but when Guangnao jumped out of Baili's name during the matching, he clicked to accept.

That was his only choice back then, thank goodness.

Thank god damn it.

Lu Zhao kissed Bai Li, he couldn't say anything else, he could only kiss hard and fiercely.

Bai Li's response was equally frantic. The darkness obscured the vision of the two of them. They stumbled and fell on the bed, with Bai Li on the bottom, pulling Lu Zhao's neckline and lowering his head.

As he was short of breath, Lu Zhao touched Bai Li's left leg with one hand, and he said hoarsely, "You are really fucking sick, you are already like this..." Who cares whether other people have a choice .

Bai Li wanted to answer, but Lu Zhao didn't give him a chance, so he kissed him again.

Lu Zhao felt that he was kissing a ball of light.

This group of light is dilapidated, sensitive and fragile, but it is still bright.

It would still fall upon him in darkness.

There may really be many choices in this world, but Baili will not have a second choice.

The silent kiss, the exchange of pheromones, the swelling emotions in this room where you can see the stars of the universe.

It was as if there was a fire that ignited each other, making people dizzy and brain blank. Lu Zhao felt the smell of chocolate from Bai Li's breath, making him fall into the light. Bai Li whispered in his ear: "Shh."

The hot air puffed against the ear, bringing an inexplicable heartwarming temperature. Like that day in the dressing room at the training ground, the soothing cooing he made before marking him.

Lu Zhao couldn't see Bai Li's expression, he could only feel his hand reaching out to him.

They touch each other in the dark and in the universe.

Unable to think, exile one's own thoughts to fluctuate between breaths, share each other's body temperature and breath in the vast galaxy.