Chapter 82

The meeting that Bai Li was invited to attend did not tell anything, and it was not even clear who attended the meeting until Lu Zhao drove to the Legion with Bai Li the next day.

This kind of behavior doesn't quite fit with the First Legion, and Bai Li somewhat guessed the purpose of the meeting.

This guess was confirmed when the door of the conference room was pushed open and the people sitting in the room were clearly seen.

There were four people sitting in the room, one of them was wearing a legion uniform, both Lu Zhao and Bai Li knew each other. The man's hair was mostly gray, but his voice was full of anger. He stood up and said, "Can't you arrive earlier? Do you have to step on?

" "Bai Li relaxed his body and smiled, "Fortunately, I can sleep for an extra hour.

The Marshal has never been happy to see Bai Li's poor mouth, so he punched him with a smile, and then turned around and introduced: "Get to know, this It's Captain Tong of the Police Department and his deputy. "

Sitting on the sofa, the tall beta stood up with his deputy, and greeted Bai Li and Lu Zhao.

"This is..." Before the marshal finished speaking, the other alpha stood up and talked to Bai Li and Lu Zhao respectively. Li Luzhao shook hands.

" Lin Xu. "He said with a sullen face.

Bai Li and Lu Zhao's heart jumped at the same time. Lin Xu is the name of the second heir.

This is the first time Bai Li saw Lin Xu himself. In the original book, the second young master was run out since he was a child. , basically missed the main star, and when he grew up, he stayed in the garrison army all the year round because of the first heir, and lived with junior officers and ordinary soldiers. He was once called "grassroots young master". The life of the army all the year round made Lin Xu look calm and

serious , The corners of the mouth drooped slightly, serious.

"I originally planned to see you after everything was done, but today the Second Highness said that he would talk with Captain Tong, so I followed." The marshal pointed to the sofa and asked Bai Li and Lu Zhao to sit down, "The case In general, I understand it, but the details need to be checked carefully—you can't live up to His Majesty's trust." No matter how

you sounded like this, it sounded like an excuse.

Although the old man of the Lin family had indeed entrusted the matter to Lin Xu, it was not to the point where the second heir was to play in person. Bai Li knew in his heart that the purpose of this matter was not pure, so he glanced at the Marshal with a half-hearted smile.

The marshal pretended he didn't see it, and they sat down again.

"Mr. Bai Li, don't be nervous, we still have some doubts that need to be confirmed." Captain Tong was a tall man, speaking angrily, "Major General Lu Zhao can go to work first if you have something to do.

" Hesitating to get up, he felt his hand being pulled.

"No need," Bai Li didn't make him stand up, "My wife knows all about this."

The marshal glanced at Bai Li in surprise, and then looked at Lin Xu with Captain Tong.

Lin Xu nodded.

"Then let's start directly." Captain Tong used his personal terminal to call up the file.

The question of the investigation is not complicated, and Bai Li recalled the general idea of ​​the matter after asking.

Lu Zhao had a little understanding of the rescue mission back then, but he didn't know the details. This was the first time he heard Bai Li talk about the past in detail, and it was not a pleasant memory to be honest.

"According to your description, you had a conflict with Mr. Lin Sheng before the rescue," Captain Tong said while gesturing to his assistant to record, "Is it because of a command problem?"

Bai Li drank his saliva: "At that time, the adjutant and I felt that there was something wrong with his deployment, so we wanted to talk to him. But this bastard insisted that I was against him, so I could only confront him on the spot and let him see I didn't mean that before."

Lu Zhao wanted to laugh, but also felt helpless.

Captain Tong continued to ask: "Then do you think anyone else is involved in this matter?" Bai Li was stunned

: "Huh? "

You can not only express your views on what happened at that time, but also your subsequent views on this matter over the years. After all," he paused, "this matter was once suppressed, what do you think is the problem? What?"

Bai Li's eyes narrowed, his gaze passed Captain Tong and Lin Xu in turn, and finally landed on the marshal's face.

"Cough," the marshal cleared his throat in embarrassment, "don't think too much about it."

Although he had a premonition, Bai Li's mood was still very complicated when the matter was really in front of him.

Lu Zhao also sensed something was wrong, frowned, and subconsciously looked at Bai Li.

"Hey," Bai Li sighed, leaning on the back of the sofa, "don't do this."

Captain Tong: "What?"

"I understand that you want to use this as a pawn in the game," Bai Li Said, "But don't let me make it worse. I've had a terrible time in the past few years."

After he finished speaking, Captain Tong showed a hint of embarrassment on his face.

It's not difficult for Bai Li to guess what they were thinking, they just hoped that he could take another stab at him and implicate the first heir.

Now the first heir is being pressed by the second heir step by step, and the two are fiercely pinching each other. Lin Xu didn't get much support in his family, and it was not easy for him to be able to survive until today. He didn't want to let go of any chance to take a bite out of the first heir.

Bai Li can understand, but he really doesn't want to make more fuss about this matter.

The rescue mission back then brought too much psychological shadow to Bai Li, and many people died. He hoped to reverse the case, but he didn't want to reverse the case for killing someone, at least don't say it from his mouth.

The conference room fell into a brief silence, while Lin Xu kept his tight sitting posture, habitually putting his hands on his knees, with a serious expression.

Before Bai Li could say anything else, Lu Zhao stood up.

"Let's go if you have nothing to do." Major General Lu said lightly.

Bai Li was stunned for a moment, but Lu Zhao pulled him up from the sofa.

He saw a bit of unbelievable anger in Lu Zhao's eyes.

Lu Zhao has not been in contact with too many people in the center of power. In his cognition, many things are simply divided into "dos" and "don'ts". In his cognition, reversing the case is reversing the case, and the investigation is just an investigation. He can't understand this kind of behavior mixed with other purposes.

This incomprehension made him angry.

The major general brother is still too young. Bai Li thought to himself, it's no wonder that until the end of the original work, he couldn't get to the top like Tang Kaiyuan.

That's fine too.

"I'm sorry," said a dull voice, "I didn't mean to embarrass Major General Bai."

Lin Xu stood up, still sullen, speaking a little rigidly: "That's the end of today's investigation."

After he finished speaking, Captain Tong and his assistant also got up, and shook hands with Bai Li before leaving.

"I apologize for my question just now," Captain Tong said solemnly, "but I promise that the investigation will be conducted fairly." Bai Li smiled, and the two

police officers opened the door and walked out of the conference room first, followed by Lu Zhao Just about to leave, Lin Xu spoke again.

"I like mechs very much, and I also serve as a pilot in the garrison army." Lin Xu said, "So I have been paying attention to the solicitation competition. I am very interested in the white01 model.

" Lin Xu's appreciation could barely be discerned in the words: "Thank you."

"I'm curious," Lin Xu said, "What are your plans after the solicitation?"

Unexpectedly, Lin Xu would ask this, Bai Li paused for a few seconds and replied: "Return to the army world."

The marshal sighed softly.

"You mean, after winning the competition and the white01 model can be officially developed and put into use, you will have the opportunity to drive the mecha again and return to the military." Lin Xu seemed to be unable to feel his surroundings. The wood of human emotions said to himself, "But according to my understanding, it's difficult."

Lu Zhao frowned.

"It's difficult." Bai Li couldn't help laughing.

No wonder the old Majesty didn't like this son very much in the original book. This person speaks so directly that he doesn't even realize that he may have offended someone.

"Sorry, I mean, as far as I know, it may take a long time from the formal research and development of mechas to mass production and use, and there have been cases where plans were shelved during the process," Lin Xu finally noticed the problem with his tone from the marshal's expression, Added awkwardly, "This may affect your return to the military."

Bai Li admitted, "Yes."

"If you need it," Lin Xu said, "I can let you return to the military right now."

After Lu Zhao realized what he meant, he quickly turned to look at Bai Li.

This is undoubtedly a delicious dish in front of the hungry, and Bai Li is already sitting at the table.

"The first army may not work, but I can think of a way for the second army." Lin Xu continued, "You can work in the second army and wait for the mecha to be put into use." Bai Li was silent for a long time, and said: "

I You can probably guess that this is a deal."

In the process of fighting with the first heir, Lin Xu didn't have many connections. Bai Li is very aware of his own advantages in this transaction. The Bai family is only an empty shell, but its reputation is still resounding, and the contacts left by Mr. Bai have not been cut off. During this period of time, he had a tendency to stand up, and his image in the eyes of the citizens of the empire was different from the past, which deserves a big fuss.

And Lu Zhao tied him together.

The marshal said helplessly: "Your words are too..." Before the marshal could finish the word "directly", Lin Xu gave the answer.

"I don't deny that I have other goals and needs." Lin Xu stood straight and said as if reporting work, "But aside from these, I personally would like to give you a chance to return to the military. I have read your interview, I think the empire needs more people like you."

His tone was blunt, and he said this kind of thing openly, which made Bai Li a little speechless.

Lu Zhao didn't listen, he had a slight expectation.

He knew that as long as Bai Li nodded, he could save a lot of walking. Lin Xu provided Bai Li with a fellowship that could be regarded as a shortcut, but he only stipulated corresponding conditions.

Once linked with the royal family, the deal is established.

Lu Zhao looked at Bai Li for a moment, almost wanting to press Bai Li's head and nod for him.

Bai Li stood there in a daze for a long time before he finally breathed out: "Thank you, Second Young Master, but let's forget it." For some reason

, Lu Zhao felt that the answer did not exceed his expectations. But there was still disappointment, he pursed his lips and didn't say anything.

"You don't want to go back to the military?" Lin Xu was puzzled, "If you really want to go to the First Army, I can—" "

Don't get me wrong, I want to go back to the military," Bai Li scratched his neck, "I can't even dream Want to go back." He sighed, "But not now, and not like this."

Not now, because the timing is wrong. Bai Li didn't know where the plot had progressed, and most things were out of touch, but he vaguely felt that everything was not completely over, and he was always on tenterhooks.

Returning to the military in this state may not be a good thing.

No, because he didn't really want to go back to the office where the second-line military personnel stayed, and sat there blindly waiting. It's not that he tied himself to the royal family under a deal, and he had to implicate Shang Lu Zhao to board the ship with him.

"What I want to go back is the military world that allows me to use my armor and go to the universe," Bai Li looked at Lin Xu, and said slowly, "not to get involved in the dark clouds and quagmire of the empire." Lin Xu was speechless, a little

dazed Scratching his head, he glanced at the Marshal.

"I'm not suitable to come and go in and out of the Sapphire Palace," Bai Li said, "I don't want to go back to the military, I want to machine armor, I want to do what I like, and I want to be myself. I haven't done it for many years, I want to do it I have to go back."

His purpose has always been pure, he wants to machine armor.

It is not necessary to return to the military world, but only by returning to the military world can he continue to experience the universe and the galaxy.

Bai Li wants to go back, but don't put more shackles on his body.

Don't make this a deal.

The marshal's expression was a bit complicated, and after a long time, he gradually became more relieved. He touched his wrinkled face, and sighed, "Stubborn."

Lin Xu didn't seem to be too dissatisfied with his failure to negotiate. He was like an outlier in the Lin family, and he didn't inherit the Lin family's heritage at all. He can speak well, but he looks like a gourd with a saw-mouthed mouth. He didn't speak until Bai Li and Lu Zhao walked to the door after saying hello, "Major General Bai, I really appreciate you."

Bai Li turned his head.

"I will try my best to investigate Lin Sheng's case and let the public have a chance to know the truth." Lin Xu's voice became louder, "But my father is very difficult to deal with. He doesn't like to listen to me very much, but I will try my best to let him know the truth." He listened."

His bluntness amused Bai Li, and he couldn't help laughing twice: "Thank you, Second Young Master."

"I wish you win to the end." Lin Xu said.

Bai Li walked to the door, thought of something before opening the door, turned his head and asked, "Second Young Master, I want to ask you something."

Lin Xu nodded.

"When I said 'dark clouds' and 'mire'," Bai Li asked, "what were you thinking?"

Lin Xu frowned and thought for a moment, then replied: "I admit that it is difficult for them to disappear, but I will A generation can walk on a flat road and look at the blue sky and do everything it can." After a pause, he apologized, "Maybe the means are a bit ugly, but sometimes I have no other way." Bai Li asked again: "What do you think the ideal empire is

? What kind?"

When this question was asked, a trace of nervousness appeared on the Marshal's face, and he almost jumped back and forth to cover Bai Li's mouth.

But Lin Xu didn't evade, he walked a few steps with his arms folded, and said in a low voice, "It should be 'my empire' in everyone's heart, it belongs to everyone, not to anyone." The room was quiet, Lin

Xu As if he hadn't said this sentence, he sat back on the sofa again.

This meeting with a more than pure purpose ended in silence. Bai Li made an appointment with Lao Zheng to soak his left leg, and Lu called a car to take him to the military hospital.

It wasn't until the car turned on the viaduct that Bai Li let out a sigh of relief and glanced sideways at Lu Zhao.

Major General Lu's expression was very calm, but judging from how many times he was overtaken, Bai Li still felt that he was a little distracted.

"Aren't you a little disappointed?" Bai Li touched him with his hand, "When I rejected Lin Xu."

Lu Zhao said frankly, "Yes."

Bai Li: "Actually, I just want to..." Speaking of Half stuck.

"You just don't want to be a weight." Lu Zhao said indifferently, "You have walked openly and aboveboard for so many years, and I hope you can come to the end openly and aboveboard."

He shook Bai Li with one hand.

Lu Zhao said softly: "I'm just disappointed for a little while."

He actually knew very well that Bai Li would make this choice, and that Young Master Bai was fooling around, but there was always a thread in his heart.

That line had ruined one of his legs and made him give up the favorable plan in mecha research, and now it has crossed out his shortcut.

That line was a little stupid, and a little admirable to Lu Zhao.