Chapter 83

"Gene mutation," Bai Li said decisively, "If it wasn't for the gene mutation, how could the Lin family have such a real person!"

Lu Zhao sat on the chair opposite him, and pressed his finger on the knee of Bai Li's left leg with a little force , too lazy to talk to Bai Li.

"Otherwise, I bumped into my head in the garrison regiment," Bai Li said, "Did you see that the marshal wanted to cover my mouth at first, but when he walked halfway, he was about to turn back and cover Lin Xu's mouth, but in the end he could only stand aside and cover my mouth Your own mouth."

There were only two people in the treatment room of the military hospital, Lu Zhao and Baili, and they didn't have much scruples when they spoke.

Bai Li put his left leg on Lu Zhao's leg, so that he could massage his calf.

"You are very optimistic about him." Lu Zhao pressed down from his knee.

"I can't say whether it's good or not," Bai Li said, "The main thing is that after the horizontal comparison, the first heir told everyone with his strength that he really tried his best to set off the second child. It's really touching brotherhood.

" No accumulation, Lu Zhao laughed for a long time.

"I don't have any feelings for Lin Xu, at most I don't hate it." Bai Li leaned back, slumped on the back of the sofa and sighed, "I have a serious face, and I didn't expect to be a dreamer. Just listen to the beautiful words on your lips."

Lu Zhao didn't quite understand.

Bai Li said: "Let's put it this way, why do you think I can live so well?" Before Lu Zhao could think about it, Bai Li gave the answer, "Because of my identity."

"I have to admit that I can receive a higher education, have an excellent living environment, have a wide network of contacts, and have no worries about food and drink for the rest of my life, all thanks to my being an aristocrat, and I happen to be quite rich. My status allows me to be in the empire There are certain privileges." Bai Li lazily said, "That's why I said that I have the ability and opportunity to make the choice of white01 more than many people. From the very beginning, my starting line is higher than quite a few people."

Lu Zhao agreed that he was born as a commoner, and his childhood was not well off, as were most of the people around him.

He's a superstar, and it seems that as long as he works hard, he will have a future, but most of the people he knew when he was young lived in that gray subsidiary star from beginning to end.

"My background is doomed to the circle I'm in. The more well-connected, the more well-connected, and the richer, the richer." Bai Li smiled, "So we hold together to occupy the upper level, and the dark clouds and quagmire are formed like this Yes. The second young master wants an empire that belongs to everyone, so he can only pull the starting line to a position where everyone can stand." Bai Li

sighed: "It's difficult. Even if there are no nobles, there will be rich people. People and the poor, the strong and the weak, even the aristocrats are divided into the old school and the upstarts, there will be levels in the existence of people, and people with high levels will naturally group together and become a new class, and the starting line will be raised."

Lu Zhao was speechless, and the movement of massaging his hands stagnated slightly.

"But this is all my one-sided idea," Bai Li laughed while slumped on the sofa, "It's 'washroom thinking'." "

What do you mean?" Lu Zhao asked.

"It's just the thoughts that come up occasionally when sitting on the toilet or taking a shower," Bai Li said, "It seems that I am a cultural person who thinks deeply." Lu Zhao looked at him inexplicably

.

"Why?" Bai Li raised his neck, "Didn't you find that people are most likely to think about things when they sit on the toilet or take a bath without a personal terminal?"

Lu Zhao said after a while: "Indeed."

"Look," Bai Li said, "Think in the bathroom."

I don't quite understand how Bai Li can connect two unrelated things together. But Lu Zhao was still amused and couldn't help laughing.

After laughing enough, Lu Zhao still asked, "How to solve these?" The

"these" he said were very vague, and the simple two words were huge things.

"I don't know, I'm just like this," Bai Li pinched the tip of his little finger with his thumb and compared it to the size of an ant. , I should not be unhappy."

Lu Zhao smiled.

"It's very idealistic, I think. The reality is deeper and more ruthless. People who walk in reality have to grope forward, and they may fall into the ditch if they make a mistake," Bai Li shook his leg. Zhao held him down and continued to knead, "I can't play this, you are not as good as me, let's make do with it." "

Yeah." Lu Zhao said, "Be ready for the present."

Bai Li smiled, "I Thinking in the bathroom tells me that the most basic thing a person like me can do is: When standing in this position, be careful not to step on the people below."

In the empire, which is completely different from Baili's previous life, he There is often a strong sense of powerlessness.

But there is one thing that Bai Li knows very well, that is, no matter where you are or where you stand, you can never go wrong in being a good person.

"After all, I'm living a good life. It may be said that these principles have the meaning of 'why not eat minced meat', but I can't think of anything else." Bai Li said, "But to be honest, when I rejected Lin Xu, I still didn't like it. I'm a little afraid that he won't like it and will run on me in the future."

"How to run?" Lu Zhao raised his head and asked.

"I can't tell, but I always feel anxious. I'm not sure if the original track has completely collapsed. Anything can happen before it completely collapses." Bai Li sighed, "After all, the original track My left leg has to be completely broken."

In the original plot, the villain Bai Li's exit was after his leg was completely scrapped.

The follow-up news is also relayed from the perspective of Tang Kaiyuan in the original book. It has no connection with the main line, and it disappears as soon as it is written. The reason why Bai Li now knows that he will die in the hospital is also because Tang Kaiyuan comforted him. What Lu Zhaoshi said.

——"Don't worry, he won't be able to get out of the hospital bed by himself in this life, and maybe he will spend the rest of his life in the hospital."

All this happened after Bai Li completely lost his leg, thinking of this, he subconsciously frowned.

Lu Zhao didn't answer, but ran his fingers across the hideous scar on Bai Li's calf.

"It's really not possible," Bai Li was a little itchy, shrinking his legs with a smile, "I can only eat soft food."

Lu Zhao has never liked to answer this topic, so he continued to massage in silence.

"To be honest, I have been a little worried since the system failure in the main arena last time," Bai Li joked, "If I can't continue the game, I haven't come on the bench, so let Major General Lu play for me." Lu Zhao's hand paused

. After a pause, there was a "hmm".

It took two seconds for Bai Li to react: "Don't 'hmm', I'm talking nonsense, people from the main force are not allowed to participate." "

Before... there have been participants," Lu Zhao said in a low voice, "I checked, Finally dealt with it."

"That was in the past, now who dares to try to hit the gun like this?" Bai Li said, "You can kick out the main force directly, and it is possible to leave the military."

Lu Zhao glanced at him and didn't say anything.

Bai Li realized that this person had really thought about these things, so he couldn't help but sit up straight: "Did you hear what I said? Don't say it before, don't affect yourself because of anything." What Lu Zhao wanted to

say , the lips moved.

"I don't need to say that too much. I strangled you to death." Bai Li said, seeing that Lu Zhao didn't answer, he was a little anxious, and he pulled out his legs before he finished pressing them, frowning and calling Lu Zhao. Pushing his hand away, "I'm talking to you, Lu Zhao."

After a while, Lu Zhao said sullenly, "I know."

Bai Li's leg was pulled back by him, and his foot was pressed against Lu Zhao's abdomen. Wrapped in body temperature, my heart was soft and itchy, and my toes grabbed Lu Zhao's arms.

Lu Zhao didn't respond, Bai Li grabbed him again, and then Major General Lu was willing to look up at him.

"I think, I am your partner, lover, and family member," Bai Li said, "and also your good brother, right." Every time this

title is mentioned, I feel a little happy, but Lu Zhao sullenly didn't smile, just nodded.

"A good brother should kick you and let you go forward when you are hesitant to go on the road." Bai Li looked at him and smiled, "It's not a fork in the road that will make you take a long way, right."

Their The relationship was built on the appreciation of each other at the beginning. Bai Li liked Lu Zhao's appearance of fluttering his wings and never thought of breaking his wings.

"We all have our own way to go," Bai Li gently rubbed Lu Zhao's stomach with his foot, "It's also very happy to watch each other go, you just need to wait for me at the finish line, you can't run for me. "

The belly was gently touched, and the frustration that had just built up in Lu Zhao's heart collapsed at the touch of a touch.

He brushed the scar on Bai Li's leg with his fingers, and thought to himself, this leg is still running a fart.

But when he spoke, there was only one "um".

The effect of the soaking repair solution is very good. When I went to Lao Zheng for a reexamination, the other party was rarely nagging. After prescribing some medicines to take, he sent Bai Li back to rest.

"You still have to pay attention to the time and frequency of using your legs," said Old Zheng, "immediately after the game, you will take a big vacation and come to me for a review. I don't need to ask you any more, right?" Bai Li agreed, and was about to take the medicine and

leave , Lao Zheng thought of another one.

"By the way, many people know about your coming to the military hospital?" Old Zheng asked.

"Except for me and Lu Zhao, everyone in the institute probably knows about it," Bai Li thought for a while, "Is there something wrong?"

Lao Zheng's expression was complicated: "You haven't been on Starnet for the past two days? Some people on the Internet said that you have been on the Internet during the competition. Received treatment in a military hospital, relying on drugs to maintain the body, the performance of white01 is actually very poor, not as strong as your research institute." "Nonsense,"

Bai Li frowned, "I don't deny that white01 is still a semi-finished product, but if there is no such event Due to the data fluctuation caused by the accident, my legs won't be a problem after finishing the game."

"I know, but others don't know, if someone plays the rhythm, someone will definitely praise it," Lao Zheng said helplessly, "I think this is not right, Let me tell you."

Something is wrong, Bai Li's leg injury is probably not clear to anyone in the empire.

At the end of last year, there was a lot of commotion, and the degree of his physical damage was almost picked up. Everyone knew whether he could use the machine armor. The appearance of white01 could allow people like Bai Li to return to the cockpit. It is enough to prove the success of the research and development.

So this wave of rhythm is inexplicable, and many people feel that this statement is a malicious provocation, adding to the obstruction of Bai's research institute.

But you can't expect everyone to be on Baili's side, as long as the rhythm is fast enough, it can stir up some people who are not clear-headed or who are already sour to start booing.

"Is it really impossible? Let the Bai's Research Institute give an explanation. Are you guilty of not showing up?"

Someone immediately replied: "I don't understand. Don't you know how serious Bai Li's leg injury is? He is now It's a fact that white01's record is certain because of being able to boot armor, what more do you want to say? It's a guilty conscience to be too lazy to talk to you idiots?" The supporters and doubters quarreled fiercely

, and the quarrel became a comparison before the finals. One of the topics of concern.

People's focus is easily taken away. If there is too much noise here, no one will pay attention to the topics that were still discussed before. The news about what happened in the backstage of the sub-competition area just discussed was put aside, and they turned to argue about who was right and who was wrong.

"It's very abrupt." Lu Zhao turned the suspension car and turned a corner, "Now let's talk about this." The

artificial voice on the car was reading a series of forum messages, and Bai Li raised his hand to close it when he heard half of it: "Smart people can see it. "

Lu Zhao glanced at him.

"Praise you are very smart." Bai Li smiled and bumped him with his elbow.

The corner of Lu Zhao's mouth curled up: "Leave it alone?"

"It doesn't matter if you don't care about it." Bai Li took out his personal terminal and swiped across the contact list, "The best way to shut up the trash is actually very simple, just win." Lu Zhao agreed, but he didn't like it

. Very comfortable.

No one would feel comfortable with flies buzzing close to him. Bai Li was already under a lot of pressure, and this kind of buzzing would only distract him.

"But I'm in a good mood recently," Bai Li said, "When I'm in a good mood, I don't see anyone jumping in front of me." Before

Lu Zhao could react, Bai Li sent a call to the police station.

As soon as the face of the leader of the police department popped up on the virtual screen, Bai Li said, "Call the police." The

remarks about whether Bai Li's entry into and exit from the military hospital meant that there was a problem with the white01 model were still being fermented on a large scale, and they were splashed all over the place. A basin of cold water.

Bai Li directly contacted the police department with the two reasons of "investigating the daily schedule is harassment" and "fabricating rumors is slander", and the police department intervened in the investigation.

This basin of cold water poured on the spectators to curse bad luck, but woke up the supporters.

That's right, when will Ren Baili go to the military hospital to take care of your shit? How did you know that he was gone? Isn't this a private investigation?

Besides, Baili's leg injury happened many years ago, regular physical examination is not too much, right? How do you grab a thread and pull it on white01?

Soon someone noticed something wrong from this incident. The fact that the small leader of the Imperial Research Institute was sacked some time ago spread rumors that the contest focused on destructive mechs has not been forgotten. That wave of interference before the match directly made The Xu Xiao Research Institute gave up the competition.

Now that this is happening before the finals, who would believe it if it wasn't pre-match interference?

Since the end of last year, the citizens of the empire have been so shocked that their nerves are tense. Everyone seems to be on the radar, and they feel that there is something inside when they see any news.

This rumor that caused heated discussions before the finals, combined with the fact that Bai Li had been unlucky from the beginning of the game, the idea of ​​"who the hell is running on Major General Bai" once again occupied the high ground in the hearts of supporters.

The goal of the supporters is very clear, whoever can benefit from the run on the white calendar will be suspected.

There were not many suspects, except for Bai Li himself, there were only fifteen left.

The trials for the sub-divisions finally came to an end. A total of 16 people from the main star area and the sub-divisions were qualified for the finals and gathered in the main arena.

Under the vigorous discussion and the shady radar sweep of the citizens of the empire, the finals of the mecha competition finally kicked off.

The spectator seats in the main arena are all open for use, and spectator admission channels have been added to accommodate mecha lovers from affiliated stars who come to watch the game.

This year's solicitation competition gathered talents. Sixteen pilots conquered the major legions and military academies with their superb driving skills, and set off a frenzy of mechs in the empire that had been quiet for many years.

On the day of the competition, there was already a commotion outside the main arena. Under the holographic projection, sixteen mechas appeared in turn, sometimes swooping down to the auditorium, causing bursts of cheers.

Audiences from different sub-stars also arrived at the main star today to cheer for their favorite models and drivers.

Lu Zhao, Jiang Hao and others have already entered the arena ahead of time. The open main stage is wider than before, and a huge virtual screen is broadcasting the situation outside the arena.

"When will Bai Li and the others arrive?" Jiang Hao divided the drinks he brought and asked Lu Zhao, "The drivers will be there the first day, right?"

Lu Zhao took the drink and said, "I don't know the specifics. He set off from the research institute with Situ and the others, and he should be on his way..." Before he could finish speaking, there was

a burst of discussion in the auditorium. Lu Zhao Waiting for someone to look up.

On the virtual screen, a suspension vehicle is coming from outside the main arena. The white body is painted with a dazzling dark blue, and the logo of Bai's Research Institute is branded on it.

"Come on! Major General Bai!" Someone shouted.

As soon as the hover car came to a complete stop, reporters from the major mecha publications who were squatting outside the venue surrounded them, consciously keeping a polite distance, but as soon as Bai Li walked out of the car door, he was still caught by such eager gazes. Very uncomfortable.

"Hey, what, do you want to retouch the pictures after taking the pictures?" Young Master Bai was wearing a competition suit, holding his special helmet in his hand, and said to the reporters around him, "Be more handsome, but don't cover up my original temperament The

reporters laughed, and someone said: "This is a live broadcast."

The audience in the main stadium also burst into laughter.

"See," Jiang Hao said with a smile, "This grandson didn't make a sound, but his lips moved so fast, he must be swearing."

After everyone in the Bai's Research Institute got off the suspension vehicle, another reporter asked: " Mr. Bai Li, do you have the confidence to achieve ideal results in the competition?" "

It's hard to say," Bai Li adjusted his state, Situ walked beside him, and the two led the team behind them to answer the reporter's questions. ask questions.

Without giving Situ a chance to cover his mouth, Bai Li had already said, "I thought the competition team had already engraved my name on the medals." The young master is still arrogant.

Situ, who was too late to catch up, was frowning.

Jiang Hao and Chen Nan and Han Miao were already laughing. Lu Zhao's eyes paused for a moment on Bai Li's face, and he could see a little smugness in those eyes.

Major General Lu couldn't help laughing.

Some people disdain and some despise, some people pursue and some follow suit. No matter what kind of people around him, Young Master Bai is always the center of the spotlight wherever he goes.

After the arrogant speech, Boss Bai was collectively silenced by the research institute, and a specially appointed assistant answered some routine questions from the reporters.

"Here comes another person," a reporter said, "Shengshi Research Institute."

Bai Li turned his head to look, and not far away, a black and red suspension car had just stopped, the door opened, and a person in a racing suit stepped out first. , and a coat was draped over his shoulders.

The eyes of the two met in mid-air, and they felt each other's vigilance and hostility almost at the same time.

Once the aura between the alphas collides, it will bring a certain feeling to the people around them. This feeling is so subtle that it is difficult to explain it clearly. The reporters invariably pointed the shooting robot at the two of them.

The researchers of the Shengshi Research Institute got out of the car one after another. The black and red uniform made the leader look chic and handsome. He looked at Bai Li with his coat on. The two looked at each other silently for a few seconds before showing a gentle smile and reaching out Come over: "Mr. Bai Li."

Bai Li smiled and changed his arm to hold the helmet: "Master Tang, why are you always so untimely." The

Shengshi Institute was caught in a public opinion storm some time ago, The news of being investigated by the police department spread like wildfire, and he has not shown up until now. Driver Tang Kaiyuan led the team to compete today.

The relationship between Tang and Bai needs no introduction. The two brothers with different surnames almost never appear in the outside world at the same time. This may be the first time that they appear on the same screen in this way.

"I'm going, the enemy's road is narrow," Jiang Hao cursed in a low voice, and when he turned his head and saw Lu Zhao's expression, he was stunned, "What's the matter? Don't worry, Bai Li has a sense of proportion, and he can't fight..." Jiang Hao's voice Lu

Zhao He couldn't hear clearly, and his body stiffened the moment Tang Kaiyuan stretched out his hand.

He remembered clearly the last time Bai Li and Tang Kaiyuan shook hands, and he was extremely nervous at the moment.

"Let's shake hands." Unlike Bai Li, Tang Yuanyuan smiled politely, "Respect your opponent, right?"

Bai Li looked at him, Tang Yuanyuan didn't have the haze of being in the military hospital at this moment, his face was ruddy, The spirit is refreshed, the pheromones are well maintained, and only a faint smell of alcohol can be smelled.

I don't know if it's really under control, or if I restarted the machine again.

The former is fine, but if the latter...

"That's right," Bai Li nodded coldly, but he didn't reach out for the first time, but turned his head and said to the assistant, "Take out 'that'."

Without waiting for the people around to react When he came over, the assistant took out a sealed bag and tore it open, and took out a pair of gloves from it.

Bai Li put on his gloves slowly, stretched out his hand under Tang Kaiyuan's stiff expression, and shook it.

"I've been buying it for several days," Bai Li smiled at him, "Thickened, plushed, disposable."

No one spoke.

Tang Kaiyuan said after a while: "Unexpectedly, Mr. Bai is still obsessed with cleanliness."

As soon as he finished speaking, Bai Li sneezed pretendingly, took off his gloves and wiped his mouth: "Ah? What did you say?"

The expression on Tang Kaiyuan's face was distorted for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure: "Mr. Bai, it seems that there is no basic respect between us.

" Picking his chin, "Among us, we just don't need to dress up."

Tang Kaiyuan nodded, "That's right, then..."

"See you on the main stage." Bai Li continued.

The two didn't look at each other anymore, and each entered the main arena.

In the main arena, the holographic projections of the white01 and LIN23 models were lit up at the same time, and the two mechas swooped down to the auditorium. Only then did the audience come back to their senses, and the discussion became louder again.

The feud between the Bai family and the Tang family was evident in the brief meeting just now, and it also made many good people look forward to whether Bai Li and Tang Kaiyuan would have a chance to fight.

Ten minutes later, as the last research institute entered, there was a sound of metal collisions in the sky above the main arena.

The final round will eliminate eight models on this day.

Amidst the cheers and applause, Lu Zhao felt his personal terminal vibrate and received a text message.

Jiang Hao and Han Miao also opened their respective personal terminals at the same time.

The text messages received by the three were all from the top of the First Army Corps. This is a message that all senior military officers who participated in an emergency meeting not long ago will receive.

--"confirmed."