Chapter 79

When Tang Kaiyuan's car parked outside the gate of Tang's old house, the dining room had already prepared a feast to celebrate Young Master Tang's victory again today.

With a satisfied smile on Tang Xiao's recently rounded face, he had been waiting at the dining table for a while.

It means he's in a good mood.

From the start of the solicitation competition, Tang Xiao had a big talk at the dinner table every day, imagining that his son's outstanding performance in the competition would lay the foundation for entering the First Army, and he would shine brightly in the military world, and Tang's future would be bright.

"What did the hospital say?" With some small exceptions today, Tang Xiao still had to care about his son's physical condition, and it was rare for him to postpone his bold words for a while, "Why have you been here for so long? Isn't it just a small problem?" Tang

Kaiyuan Before he could swallow the small piece of bacon stuffed into his mouth, he recalled what happened in the hospital just now because of his father's question.

The doctor's stern expression made him uncomfortable, coupled with the chance meeting with Bai Li Luzhao at the garage door, the good mood of winning was greatly reduced.

"It's okay." Tang Yuanyuan swallowed the food in his mouth and said.

"The doctor at the military hospital has been asking Kaiyuan if he has been stimulated recently." Mrs. Tang sat beside Tang Xiao and said something he didn't want to say for her son, "He said that Kaiyuan is in a trance and has frequent night dreams. It's normal, it is recommended to stay in the hospital for observation, and reduce the frequency of using mental power in the near future..."

Before she finished speaking, Tang Xiao interrupted Mrs. Tang's thin voice impatiently: "It's an exaggeration!

" He likes to make a fuss over a molehill, and talking about a little thing makes him feel like he can't live," Tang Xiao disdains, "Open source is a little tired recently, so I can't sleep well. If I don't sleep well at night, it will definitely be affected during the day." Tang

Xiao Madam whispered: "I think that machine..."

"That broken machine is also part of the influence, but it 's okay with the ability to open source." Tang Xiao looked at his son, "What do you think?" Afterwards, Tang Kaiyuan paid more and more attention to some details.

For example, in front of the father, the mother rarely has the opportunity to finish her opinion.

Tang Kaiyuan felt uncomfortable, but he didn't want to get into too much trouble with his father.

Just like that machine, he didn't want to use it, but he was also reluctant to part with the benefits it brought him.

It seems that he has to make a choice about everything, and nothing goes his way.

"Why don't you stop using it for a while," Mrs. Tang took a deep breath and said bravely, "Observe the situation."

Tang Xiao was dissatisfied that she disagreed with him, but at least there was no outsider like An Lun present He broke out and only raised his voice a little: "Let Kaiyuan speak for himself." He asked Tang Kaiyuan again, "Do you think it's okay?" His tone was a little subtle,

as if to say "You can't really do it, do you?"

Tang Kaiyuan's heart was lightly pricked.

This time, it was as if he had stabbed the most painful spot, and suddenly reminded him of Bai Li's face under the streetlight of the military hospital.

The facial features are still the same, but there is no gloom in the dream. Bai Li was still the arrogant and domineering young master Bai back then, and it seemed that he would never be able to climb this mountain.

On the contrary, he was so overwhelmed by the mountain that he felt hatred in his heart.

Tang Kaiyuan knew very well that if he gave up this machine that could improve his spiritual power now, then he would have no chance of winning in front of Bai Li.

"No problem," Tang Kaiyuan lowered his eyes, his voice was flat, "It's nothing, I've already adapted to my current mental strength."

Mrs. Tang's face turned blue.

"As expected of my son," Tang Xiao laughed, "I knew you were fine. When you won the solicitation competition and trampled that boy from the Bai family under your feet, it would be regarded as an outburst of anger for Tang Corporation—dozens Years have passed, after all, Tang's stands firmer and goes further!"

Mrs. Tang didn't hear clearly, she stuffed food into her mouth like chewing wax.

An Lun didn't say a word from the beginning to the end. He has been much quieter these days.

The dinner ended hastily during the conversation between Tang's father and son.

Tang Xiao drank a little wine and was a little tipsy when he returned to the study. He sat down on the small sofa in the study and squeezed out two pills to relieve headaches from the medicine box.

His headaches were getting worse day by day, and his refusal to follow the doctor's advice weakened the efficacy of the medicine. Instead, he blamed the low level of doctors.

Seeing that he was taking medicine after drinking again, Mrs. Tang did not dissuade him. She only waited for him to swallow the pills before tentatively asking, "Can you...don't say those things to Kaiyuan in the future." "What words?" Tang Xiao asked

.

"Let him win honor for the Tang family or something," Mrs. Tang thoughtfully replied, "I don't think that's good, it puts him under a lot of pressure." "

Shouldn't he win honor for the Tang family?" Tang Xiao said, squinting Mrs. Tang sneered, "Is it because I mentioned the Bai family,

and you feel embarrassed?" Mrs. Tang didn't want to entangle Tang Xiao on this issue: "Today the doctor also mentioned that stress has a certain impact on Kaiyuan's spirit, and he needs to rest .I think at least that machine needs to be suspended."

"Squeamish!" Tang Xiao said impatiently, "He is an alpha, he doesn't break down so easily, even if he feels a little uncomfortable, for the sake of himself and the future of the family, he has to endure it." "But he is already suffering!

" Mrs. Tang finally had enough, "You can't impose on him what you can't do, and you can't pass on your resentment to the next generation!"

Tang Xiao's eyes widened in disbelief, and it took a few seconds Only then did he realize who was contradicting himself.

"He is willing too!" Tang Xiao said loudly, "It's as if I forced him!" "

You put him on a high position and never allowed him to come down!" Mrs. Tang's body was overflowing with messages from Tang Xiao Su Xia trembled slightly, but his voice did not lower, "You set up an imaginary enemy of Baili for him, and put the whole family on him... The family will decline, but people should not torture their relatives for a name... ..."

Tang Xiao felt like a balloon that was inflated with anger and was about to explode. He stared at Mrs. Tang standing in front of him, her petite body trembling.

"You're talking so high-soundingly, you act like you're a good mother." Tang Xiao smiled and stood up, "I don't understand anything, I just know how to hang around eating, drinking, and messing around, and I can't solve problems when I encounter them." I just know what to do when I ask others..."

He stood up like a fat hill, and Mrs. Tang was caged in the shadow cast by the mountain, subconsciously taking small steps back.

"...Mom who can't help you, now it's my fault for my education?!" Tang Xiao pointed at Mrs. Tang's nose and yelled, "That's the kind of person you are! You are stupid and incompetent, and you yell nonsense when you can't help me. !"

Mrs. Tang was struck by lightning in Tang Xiao's roar, not because of fear, but because she was confused by what he said.

She was indeed cowardly, never daring to interfere with Tang Kaiyuan's education in front of Tang Xiao. She once blindly believed in her partner, which was also a point repeatedly emphasized in her Omega marriage course.

All her life, she has been asking herself what an Omega should do, be gentle and obedient, and take care of housework. After marriage, she gradually cut off contact with the outside world. The focus of life is only on her partner and son.

So it became "dumb and incompetent" "can't help".

She felt that something was wrong, but something was right.

"I have the final say on this family!" Tang Xiao was still yelling, "My son will not be as weak as you, and Tang's will not be like Bai's, becoming a poor and settled family!" "Don't tell me about the

Bai family. !" Mrs. Tang let out a loud roar.

Tang Xiao was stunned by the roar.

The study room fell silent after this roar.

After a long time, Tang Xiao rounded his arms—"Boom!"

Some things will become a habit with the body after a long time.

When everything returned to calm and Mrs. Tang got up from the ground, Tang Xiao was already sound asleep on the small bed in the lounge on the side of the small study.

The snoring after venting was extremely loud.

Tang Xiao is getting old. Sitting on the ground, Mrs. Tang thought expressionlessly, now that he doesn't hit her so hard now, plus the headache and dizziness, he will have to rest after a while.

The medicine box was overturned, and the pills were scattered all over the floor. She picked one up and looked at it.

Then put it in the pill box.

In the study room were only the sound of Tang Xiao's snoring, and the soft sound of Mrs. Tang picking up pills while dragging her messy clothes.

It's not too late now, if there's still time to go out. The small research room that Tang Xiao rented for temporary storage of machines was not far away, and it wouldn't take long to drive back and forth.

The operator who was sent along with the machine should have room and board in the research room.

Fortunately, I didn't slap my face today.

After picking up all the pills, Mrs. Tang began to think about another question.

Normally, Tang Xiao didn't allow her to have too much contact with the outside world, and she only visited the laboratory once. The operator basically only told Tang Xiao and Tang Kaiyuan about the machine. She had to find a reason to talk to the operator.

She walked into the lounge, looked at Tang Xiao who was lying on the bed sleeping like a dead pig, and took the personal terminal beside his pillow.

The night in the empire was filled with a damp smell. Madam Tang rushed to the garage wearing slippers. It was not until she got on the suspension car that her heartbeat barely eased.

Even though she was still in pain, she couldn't help smiling a little.

When the car arrived, she stepped on the high heels she had brought out, and when she got out of the car, she looked like a noble lady again.

Using Tang Xiao's personal terminal to open the door of the research institute, Mrs. Tang said softly: "After two days of open source, I will use the machine again. My partner is a little worried. Let me ask about the situation.

" In the evening, I received an email from Bai Ying, who had just finished a game.

The game was still tough, but it allowed him to qualify for the final round of the main star region.

Tomorrow will be the last match in the main star area. If they win, white01 will get a ticket to the final match.

The members of the Bai's Research Institute were excited, and the cheers from the supporters of white01 at the end of the game just now wished they could blow off the roof of the main arena.

Even the assistant who gave Bai Li a massage felt as if he had been spat with chicken blood. His ten fingers were trembling. Bai Li was terrified when he saw it, lest he push too hard and make a mark on his left leg.

Bai Li was okay, but when he got off the main stage, he saw Bai Ying's email, and his mood was a bit complicated.

"I said earlier that there is news about that machine," Bai Li told Situ Dao, "it was developed by O's family next to Tang Kaiyuan. It seems that the information was obtained from the black market. It is quite complete, so let's go ahead." ."

Bai Li also told Situ about this matter, without mentioning the changes in the original plot and Tang Kaiyuan, only talking about the problem with this machine.

Situ frowned and said, "Is this possible? With such complete data, the empire has already started to continue. How could it be left in the black market? Besides, if it is really successful, it will definitely cause a sensation in the whole country. The little noble family has already developed "

It seems that it has not been completely successful. So far, Tang Kaiyuan has only one successful case, and it is not very stable." Bai Li looked at the email, "The side effects are quite serious. Before Yang Han said that the empire banned research and development in this field, it was because of the Had an accident."

After reading the email again, Bai Ying's narration was very simple, but Bai Li still saw something unusual in the last few sentences.

This information is not a problem for outsiders, but it is very different for Baili.

"Do you know where this material that was left on the black market came from?" Bai Li laughed, "It was found from a sunken cruise ship, the original owner has been confirmed dead, and he worked in the Imperial Research Institute before his death , the person in charge of the mental power development research project, and also a professor."

Situ was stunned for a while, then stood up abruptly: "Ah!"

He pointed at Bai Li's leg, and said "ah" again.

Then, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Yang Han got closer to the professor and did some projects with the professor. After entering Baili's research institute, he got along well with the people around him and talked a lot. He revealed that he had visited the institute with the permission of the professor. The Imperial Research Institute was also responsible for some piecemeal work for the ongoing projects at the time.

After explaining the description of the machine in the email and some basic information, Yang Han was shocked and said: "It is indeed a bit similar to the machine in that project at that time, no, it is very similar! But as far as I know, after the project stopped Destroy that machine."

"It should be that they re-developed the second machine based on the professor's information." Bai Li said.

"Impossible," Yang Han said categorically, "All the data files of this project can only be carried out in the Imperial Research Institute. It stands to reason that the professor can't transfer the files to his own storage system and take them out of the main star." Situ asked: "But

he Isn't it a business trip? If it's about work, it's possible to bring the materials."

"The professor is responsible for more than one project, and the business trip may not be because of this project." Yang Han explained, "During the research and development of this project, it was discovered that there were certain risks. The Imperial Research Institute has always been very cautious about this kind of project."

"That's true," Situ nodded, "Generally, this kind of project will not be leaked until the risk is minimized.

" The piecemeal work of this project is carried out in the research institute as an intern, and they will be inspected when they leave to prevent anyone from taking the materials out of the research institute." Yang Han said, "Speaking of which, the professor was on a civilian cruise ship at that time. It's strange that there are special vehicles for business trips and research for major projects, and only small projects that can be disclosed without risk will be so casual."

Bai Li didn't know much about the Imperial Research Institute, but he could hear something from Yang Han and Situ's words.

It seems that the professor who indirectly caused Tang Kaiyuan's high mental strength did not obtain the project information through normal means, and there are doubts about the business trip.

"You just said that the Imperial Research Institute has made a machine before?"

"Yes, it has been made, and experiments have been carried out." Yang Han said, "But as I said before, the results of the experiments were not good, so the project was suspended. "

Bai Li asked: "Why is the effect not good?"

Yang Han didn't seem to want to say more, but Situ and Bai Li were waiting to hear, and he sighed: "The level of mental strength is determined when a person is born. The mental strength that the body can bear is limited, and there is a huge risk in forcibly raising it." "The

mental strength of the few people who participated in the experiment at the time gradually declined after a period of time, and fell to a level lower than the original mental strength. Serious It will cause hallucinations, and it will be difficult to distinguish between hallucinations and reality over time." Yang Han paused, "To put it bluntly, it is a mental breakdown."

Tang Kaiyuan's face in a trance under the streetlight of the military hospital quickly flashed into his mind.

Bai Li had an intuition that this was not a good thing. Tang Kaiyuan might have stepped into the center of the vortex and walked on the narrow path of mental breakdown.

Then Bai Ying's worry was not superfluous, she sensed the change in this son and wanted to stop it, but the entire Tang family regarded her as a background board.

I don't know how the background board got the news.

Bai Li was in a complicated mood, and he didn't know that Tang Kaiyuan might solve himself by himself.

In the old days, he might have thrown an all-night party right away to celebrate, but now he is much calmer than he thinks.

When you really don't care about a person, whether his life is good or bad will not cause any waves to you.

The only worry is whether I will be affected.

It wasn't until he got on Lu Zhao's suspension car that Bai Li let out a breath, and the filth that was suffocating in his chest was followed by him.

"If he does this again, he will definitely end," Bai Li said, "He collapses, and his world consciousness also collapses. This shitty place is really unpredictable and colorful." Lu Zhao is used to

Bai Li's random collocation of words is the same as the way he is used to scolding his mother without saying a word, anyway, he has to explain after scolding.

Sure enough, after the scolding, Bai Li told Lu Zhao about Bai Ying's email and his own speculation.

"This cheat finger is really amazing. How can there be a cheat finger that needs to be repaired later?" Bai Li said, "I thought it was just a matter of fooling around, but I didn't expect that the world consciousness would have to give a reasonable explanation, and a professor would be created. I didn't do it well, and I'm screwed to death, I can't go back now, it's time!"

Maybe because he was more relaxed towards Lu Zhao, and because only Lu Zhao really knew his secret in this world, Bai Li's mood relaxed a lot .

Lu Zhao was amused by his complacency, and remembered a word Bai Li had said before: "Butterfly effect." "

No, the most I can do is flutter the moth." Bai Li laughed, "The wings of the fluttering moth are also somewhat It works."

Then he asked Lu Zhao: "What did you do just now, you didn't go to the backstage to wait for me." "I

got a call," Lu Zhao said indifferently, "The people in the Legion asked me something."

Pu Leng Moth wings are quite useful.

There was a major accident in the previous competition in the main competition area. In addition to the participants, it also caused dissatisfaction among many spectators.

Especially Baili was also affected by the accident.

This person has already mentioned the title of "Refresh Point Literacy Teacher" within a few days of the competition, which shows that luck is really bad. But it is a bit embarrassing to see that the game has not been brushed to the normal place.

Coupled with the system failure in the main competition this time, the supporters of white01 and Bai Li exploded.

How can people have such unimpeded luck? In the competition group, do you expect Bai Li to run alone?

This dissatisfaction quickly fermented, and those who were interested immediately contacted the little leader of the Imperial Research Institute who was sacked not long ago. This little leader also participated in the preparation of this solicitation competition. Can you make a move? Before spreading rumors, saying that the Imperial Research Institute is only optimistic about high-destructive mechas, isn't that just trying to scare away the research institutes that are not of this type of mechas? Isn't Bai's Research Institute a member of this type of mecha?

If there is a hypothesis, there must be an argument.

The word "Lin" had already been proved before, and the people of the empire continued their efforts and directly proved the next word.

Mr. Lin Sheng appeared in the public eye so gloriously.

Under the pressure of all parties, the leader of Luoma Xiaoma finally admitted that it was indeed Lin Sheng who told him to spread rumors to interfere before the game.

The real hammer fell in front of the public, and the repercussions were huge. Lin Sheng is an offshoot of the royal family. The royal family is now gradually dying down, and there are not many offshoots left. They have been living under the radar, so there is no need to investigate too much. Lin Sheng's deeds over the years have been picked up. .

Under the deliberate guidance of some people, people soon discovered that Lin Sheng had been a high-ranking officer of the First Army in the early years and had direct contact with Bai Li—he was regarded as Bai Li's leader.

At the same time that Bai Li was injured and retired from the military, Lin Sheng soon announced that he was leaving the military, and was sent to a subsidiary star for development in a very low-key manner.

If the fallen leader really did these things under Lin Sheng's instructions, and if Bai Li's "bad luck" was all related to these things, can it be considered that Lin Sheng was the one who targeted Bai Li?

The only communication between the two was the short year they served in the First Army Corps. What happened during this year? Did the two have any personal enmity?

At the end of last year, the topic caused by Lu Zhao wearing a kali flower for Bai Li on the Emerald Star cruise ship was brought up again. Bai Li retired due to injury and the mission failed, but the news was suppressed. There are many inside stories. Give any positive explanation?

These doubts expanded rapidly when Lin Sheng's name was dug up.

A hypothesis was put forward-could the root cause of the mission failure be related to the royal family?

In this era of information explosion, once there are signs of many things, the subsequent development cannot be controlled by humans.

It didn't take long for Lu Zhao to receive a communication from the top of the First Legion. The question was rather tactful, but Lu Zhao still heard that the other party was insinuating and asked if he and Bai Li had mentioned the mission that year to the outside world, and told Lu Zhao The military community is still investigating this matter, and I hope that Lu Zhao can cooperate with keeping it secret, and don't answer some questions that will cause discussion from the outside world for the time being.

The call to Lu Zhao actually meant that he would tell Baili. One reason for not calling Bai Li is because he has been retired for many years, another reason is that the top management of the legion is really shameless, and another reason is that Bai Li's curses are too ugly, and Lu Zhao at least talks less.

"How did you answer?" Bai Li was quite surprised.

Major General Lu said succinctly: "I'm dead."

"Ah," Bai Li was stunned, "didn't you say a word?"

"Say: I'm hanging up." Lu Zhao explained calmly, "And then I hung up, anyway, he finished talking." After they finish speaking, they

want you to give a guaranteed answer, not just hang up by raising your hand.

Bai Li touched the air on his own head and placed it on Lu Zhao's head: "From today onwards, you will wear the 'King of Angry' crown instead." Oh, Major General

Lu, if you don't want to hear it, you are the slightest They don't listen, and they dare to hang up on anyone's communication.

Lu Zhao laughed enough, opened his personal terminal and said, "There's something else for you to watch." "

What," Bai Li leaned over, but saw Tang Xiao's big face on the video, "How can you let me watch it?" This thing!"

Lu Zhao didn't hear Bai Li's swearing, he just said: "During the interview, you were in a competition, and Huo Cun transferred it to me." The background of the video is outside the arena in Division 1

, On the way to watch their son Tang Kaiyuan, the Tang couple was blocked by reporters waiting outside.

The reporter was quite angry and asked, "Mr. Tang, I heard that you have a very close relationship with Mr. Lin Sheng. Mr. Tang Kaiyuan is also a driver in Mr. Lin Sheng's research institute. Do you know anything about the Shengshi Research Institute? What are you doing?"

Tang Xiao was in a daze at first, then showed dissatisfaction on his face, but somehow he still put on the appearance of an old nobleman and said, "I'm sorry, my wife and I have to watch the game, so we can't accept interviews." "Mr. Tang, Mr.

Tang The relationship with the Bai family has always been very delicate," the reporter followed behind relentlessly, "May I ask you to take this opportunity to suppress the Bai family and target Mr. Bai Li?" "What did you say?"

Tang Xiao turned his head and opened his eyes wide. "You are slander!"

The reporter took the opportunity to ask: "Mr. Bai Li and you have a very special relationship with your wife. Don't you feel angry about what the Shengshi Research Institute has done this time? Or do you have other ideas?" This is basically asking

" No matter what, Bai Li is your son, right? Not only are you not angry when your son is messed up by Lin Sheng, but you also let another son follow Lin Sheng, what the hell are you thinking?"

Although Bai and Tang didn't even bother to have a superficial relationship, but if you really want to take a closer look, Tang is still a bit irritating.

Tang Xiao's face turned red, and Bai Ying stood beside him, visibly flinching.

This movement of shrinking his shoulders made Bai Li frown, but he found that Bai Ying's expression was quite calm.

Neither fear nor panic.

Before Bai Li could react, Tang Xiao roared in the video: "Go away!" The

camera flicked after he stretched out his hand, obviously he was thrown to the ground. Followed by a series of arguments.

Bai Li was silent for a long time before slowly saying: "It's cool."

Lu Zhao glanced at him sideways, Bai Li's expression didn't look very happy.

"It's really cool, you bastard." Bai Li said, "But I have recently grown from eight to nine years old, and I am more mature, and I have learned not to show my joy." The main reason is that for a moment, Bai Li changed

from Tang Xiao's A little aging was seen on the face that was gradually evolving towards dough, and there was only muddy resentment left in those eyes that were still alive in memory.

Bai Li realized that Tang Xiao had been living for so many years in the desire to sharpen his head to stand out and in the resentment towards Bai Shi, and he became resentment itself.

If you can't reason with this kind of person, he won't feel that there is anything wrong with him until he dies. Don't even want him to make an apology, if he doesn't spray you with saliva, it will be regarded as dry mouth.

Tang Xiao was unlucky, Bai Li was very happy, but he was not ecstatic.

Sooner or later, these people will become an insignificant passerby, and Bai Li will no longer compete with a passerby.

Lu Zhao patted Bai Li on the shoulder.

When the video is finished, it automatically jumps to the next one.

This was saved on Lu Zhao's personal terminal, and it directly broadcasted other videos he saved.

A leg first appeared on the virtual screen, followed by an extra pair of hands, and then a human voice said in the video: "When massaging your legs, pay attention to the following points..."

Lu Zhao raised his hand and turned it off.

Bai Li recovered from the shock, slowly sat up straight, and stammered: "Ah, what, are you learning this specifically?"

Lu Zhao opened his mouth, but did not make a sound.

"Really?" Bai Li pushed him, "I learned it just for me, right?"

Lu Zhao couldn't stand it, and he said eight "really" in ten seconds, and said helplessly: "I couldn't press it before, so I just thought about it." Take a look."

"Practice is the most important thing!" Bai Li said, "Our army resolutely responded to the call and cooperated with friendly troops in actual drills when we returned home."