🔹𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞🔹

Wei Wuxian woke up to the smell of food. It had been hitting his nose fir the last few minutes and he could not just sleep.

Wei Wuxian opened his eyes, to find his other side empty. He knew Lan Wangji myst have been already awake. Memories of last night came flooding in his mind and he could not help but smile. Last night, he had hugged Lan Wangji to sleep!

Another wave of smell hit his nose and Wei Wuxian rose to his feet. Tying his inner robe properly around him, he walked out of the inner room.

The first thing that met his eyes, was; food! Wei Wuxian was surprised. He had never dined in Jingshi. He had always had his meals with other disciples in the dining hall.

Wei Wuxian walked up to the table and took a seat around it. He yawned, pushing his sleep away and took the chopsticks on hand only for it to be batted away.

"First, wash." Lan Wangji's voice came behind him.

Wei Wuxian was frightened at the sudden intrudence. "Eh... huh... Lan Zhan, you are here." He managed out.

"Mn." Lan Wangji hummed.

"Lan Zhan, what's up with this special arrangements? Are we having any guests?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"No, it's for Wei Ying." Lan Wangji stated.

"For me?" Wei Wuxian asked, his mouth agape and astonishment written all over him.

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian's eyes widened. He really missed food ever since he came to Cloud Recesses. The food in the Cloud Recesses was medicinal in taste and strictly vegetarian. The Gusu Lan Clan banquets were nothing more solemn than a funeral. So, seeing such colorful food which was mostly red, was mouth watering!

"Lan Zhan, did you order all these?" Wei Wuxian asked next.

"No, I made it for Wei Ying."

"What?!" Wei Wuxian yelled at the top of his voice. He just could not understand the man in front of him.

"Lan Zhan, you.... You cooked these for me?"

"Yes."

"But....but why?"

"Wei Ying does not eat the Clan food much so I made some door for his liking."

"But...," Lan Wangji was a man full of surprises. "This is unfair. I am a disciple who had come to study. I should eat same as the others."

"That was before. Wei Ying is my husband now. It is my duty to take care of him."

Wei Wuxian's heart froze. "Lan Wangji, you are..." Wei Wuxian did not know why but he could not speak. His eyes burned, tears threatening to fall.

Lan Wangji understood how Wei Wuxian was feeling right now. "Wei Ying does not have to say anything. Go and freshen up. You can eat then."

"La..Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian sniffled, "Gi..give me a minute. I... I will be back."

Wei Wuxian ran off to their shared bathroom and before Lan Wangji could even set the table for Wei Wuxian, he was already back.

His hair was a little wet and he had not worn anything besides his inner robe. Lan Wangji fekt his ears burn at the sight of Wei Wuxian and he looked away instantly, not wanting to be embarrassed.

"Lan Zhan, come, let's eat." Wei Wuxian pulled Lan Wangji down with him.

"Wei Ying, this is for you."

"Aiyaa... just shut up." Wei Wuxian said, serving Lan Wangji food. He helped himself too. "Eat, eat." He urged, taking a bite from his plate.

"Oh my heavens!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed. "Lan Zhan, this is so..." he stuffed himself with another bite. "So delicious!" His voice was muffled with food in his mouth.

"Have more then."

"You eat too. Its very delicious." Saying so, without giving a second thought, Wei Wuxian stuffed Lan Wangji's mouth with reddish food.

"How is it?" He asked.

Lan Wangji did not answer but his face turned red. His eyes turned watery and Wei Wuxian could see Lan Wangji was sniffling.

"Lan Zhan, what's wrong?" Wei Wuxian asked, hurriedly, worry filled in his voice.

Lan Wangji took a whole minute to answer abd when he did, a tear was already flowing down. Hardly, he said, "Spicy."

"Of course, it's spicy. It's really very spicy just how I like it to be." Wei Wuxian beamed I'm happiness. But then he asked, "But, what's wrong with you? Don't you like it? Why are you crying?"

Lan Wangji wiped away his tear and replied, a little calm now that he had some water. "I do not consume spice."

"What? How is that possible!" Wei Wuxian was surprised.

"Too much spice is not good for health."

"It's tasty!"

"Then, Wei Ying can have it. Please do not force me." Lan Wangji said, pushing his plate away.

"But... how can I eat alone?"

"I am here."

"But you aren't eating." Wei Wuxian pouted.

Lan Wangji remained silent at that. Wei Wuxian smiled at that innocent look.

"It's ok. I'll have all this then. Lan Zhan, are you alright, though? Your face is all red."

"I am fine. Eat." Lan Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian nodded and began munching fast as he could. He really missed spicy food and now that he was having it, he finally really how much he has been starving. He looked at Lan Wangji every now and then and indulged with him in some small talk, despite Lan Wangji reminding him that 'Speaking while eating is prohibited'.

A knock heard on the door and Lan Wangji went to open it while Wei Wuxian ate. Wei Wuxian waited patiently until the visitor came in and he was surprised when he saw Lan Xichen.

"Zewu Jun," He stood up, bowed and greeted.

Lan Xichen bowed back. "Young Master Wei, there is no need fir such formalities between us. We are a family now. Sit down and continue your eating."

"You can join too." Wei Wuxian offered.

"No, thanks. I had my breakfast already."

"Brother, what brings you here?" Lan Wangji questioned.

"I am here to take Wangji out." Lan Xichen replied.

Wei WuXian grinned, "ZeWu-Jun, what are you two going out for?"

Lan XiChen, "To exterminate a water ghoul. We were short of hands, so I came back to find WangJi."

Wei WuXian hurried, "Wait, wait, wait. I know how to catch water ghouls. ZeWu-Jun, why don't you take me along?"

Lan XiChen smiled without words. Lan WangJi declared, "Wei Ying should stay back and rest."

Wei WuXian, "No, no. I want to come with you two. Wait for a few minutes. I am almost done eating."

Yunmeng was abundant in lakes and water, so it teemed with water ghouls. It was true that people of the Jiang Sect were adept at this.

"It is not necessary. The GusuLan Sect is also..." Before Lan WangJi finished talking, Lan XiChen spoke while smiling, "Sure, then. Many thanks for your help. Do some preparations, and we can depart together.

Lan WangJi looked at them from behind, his brows knitted with confusion, "Brother, he stayed up late last night because of punishment. He needs rest."

"You need rest too but since you are going, I will accompany you."

"But.." Lan Wangji was cut off by Wei Wuxian.

"Let's take this as our first date." Wei Wuxian winked at Lan Wangji and ran off, to get dressed. He did not know why he said that but he liked the way how he phrased it. He smiled to himself.

Lan Wangji stood there face flushed in red. His heart thundered in him and he only got back to his senses when his brother coughed.

"Seems like you two are getting along well. Get ready then, for your first date." He smiled and excused himself from the young couple's space.

He was so happy for his brother!