Chapter-64

Naina was still not awake

Naina was still not awake. Doctor had told them it was because of heavy dose of chloroform but but she would be fine. Mom, dad, Shreya, and Mike were sitting there waiting for her to wake up.

"Mom, dad....... Please go and relax now... She is fine.... Don't worry about her...." Ian said while caressing her hair.

"No Ian.... We are fine...." They said unanimously.

"Please mom.... We don't know how long it will take her to get her consciousness back.... Don't worry I am here with her. You both are looking so tired.... You should rest now..." He suggested.

"Ok then.... If you need anything don't hesitate asking us.... Ok....." Mom said and as they both walked out of the room Ian came in front of Mike.

"Mike.... Thank you....I will always remember what you did for us, today....." He said with gratitude.

Anything for her....." Mike said and looked at Naina's face and took a deep breath.

"Ian I know this is not the right time but......."

"I am sorry Ian..... I am sorry for everything. It's because of me you guys suffered a lot. I know what I did is unforgivable but if you could.........." He paused and started looking down.

"I have already forgiven you Mike......." Ian said and Mike looked at him in disbelief.

"Don't be surprise Mike..... Shreya has told me everything about you. I will not lie, I was really furious at you but I can see, you are a completely changed person now and how you helped me today..... I am grateful to you Mike..... Without your help I won't be able to save her. Thank you..... Thank you so much....." Ian said while getting emotional.

"Hey Ian.... It was nothing in compare to what she has done for me. My new life it is because of her. Today if I can understand the meaning of love is because of her.... She brought me back from the darkness..... I will always be thankful to her.... So don't thank me......" He said with a smile.

Ian was feeling so proud of her..... Her Naina...... He smiled while looking at her beautiful face.

"Ian ..... You know I am jealous of you. . .. You must have done something good that's why you got her .... I wish god forgive me for my mistakes and bless me with someone like her..... But I know it's impossible...... I am not that lucky......." He said and sighed. Ian could feel the sadness in his voice.

"Mike.... Don't say that I am sure you will too get your share of love......" He said and hugged him.

Mike was surprised as well as astonished to see his gesture. Naina was right. Ian was really a kind man.....

"Thanks Ian....... You have removed a burden from my heart. You and Naina.... You guys made me believe in love and kindness and I promise you, I will never give you guys a single chance to regret.
From now on, this Mike Hudson is your friend and I'll be there for you guys whenever you need me........." He said with wet eyes and Ian smiled at him. Then he addressed to Shreya.