Chapter-9

Naina was feeling nervous when she got her schedule and all. This was time for her economic class. After looking for some time she finally found it. A man of middle age was giving lecture there. Principal had told her that his name was Mr. Singh. She became so happy to know that he was an Indian. You know whenever you find someone from you own nationality in foreign countries it really feels great.

She knocked the door and asked " May I come in sir "?

He looked at her and told her to come in. She wished him and handed over him the paper.

After seeing her name on the paper he became happy too. I think we all indian's are same. Just meeting with other indian makes us feel like home. He gave her introduction to the class. All this time she was looking down in nervousness.Then he asked her to take a seat so she started looking for seat. There were many student in the class but she was not in condition to look at them properly. She saw an empty seat in the last row so she went there and sat down.

She opened her book and started listening to Mr. Singh. The way he was explaining everything was commendable. He was behaving like a friend. Just because of him she felt relaxed and took out her note book and started making notes.

While they were in the middle of class, some blonde girl came in. She was very beautiful. She was wearing a pink short dress with high heels. Her hair was wavey but not too long. She was wearing so much makeup but it was looking good on her. To be honest she was looking like some model.

Mr. Singh became little upset as she was very late and asked her to be punctual to which she rolled her eyes . Naina could felt that she was very arrogant. Then she passed her and Naina couldn't saw where she sat because she didn't look back. Anyways the class finished and professor Singh asked her to come with him. So she put her things in the bag and left with him.

He took her outside the class and asked her about helpself.

"So you have come here on scholarship." He asked.

"Yes sir". She answered slowly.

" Is this your first time out of India"? He questioned again.

"Yes sir". Her voice was shaking in nervousness.

" So where are you staying,? do you have any relative or friend here? " He asked with concern.

"No sir, I am staying in college hostel."I don't have any relative or friend here". She said and looked down.

Listening to this he put his hand on her head and she looked at him

" Naina.... Don't worry, you are like my daughter. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask me.
I have seen your profile. It's very impressive. I really feel proud when I see students like you come here and prove that Indians are no less than anyone. God bless you ".He blessed her and left.

Naina had tears in her eyes after listening him. She was very happy that there was someone she could trust.

Next class was management which also went well. After that she went to cafeteria for lunch break.

The cafeteria was big with so many chairs and tables. Many students were sitting there and having their lunch.

She saw an old lady there. She was looking humble so she went to her and wished her .

"Hello., good afternoon ma'am. "

" Good afternoon, dear How are you? " Are you new student... I have never seen you before? "She asked with a smile.

" Yes ma'am " Naina answered with a small smile.

"Please don't be formal, you can call me Martha that's my name. " She said with humbleness.

" Ohh... Sorry but I can't call you by name. It's bad manner. You are my elder. Can I call you aunty?" Naina asked her.

"Sure dear, you must be from India? " She asked making Naina surprised.

"Yes aunty. I am Naina.. And how do you know that I am Indian? ". She asked in confusion.

"Naina... I have a few Indian friends so I know little bit about their values and culture. Anyway, tell me what you want to eat ? " She was so kind that Naina felt comfortable talking to her.

"Do you have something vegetarian"? She asked her .

"Yes sure dear, we do have vegetable sandwich, fries and fruit juice. Will that be good.?"

"It's more than good aunty. You know I'm starving right now". Naina said and giggled.

She gave her food tray and Naina started looking for a seat. She found one empty table in the corner of the cafeteria far from the crowded area so she went there. Every one had someone to accompany but she was alone this thought was making her sad.After some time she started to eat her lunch.

When she took the first bite she became emotional. She started missing her family. She remembered how her mother used to make delicious food for them and whenever she skipped her meal she always scolded her for not eating properly and in college Tara never left her alone. Remembering all this tears started flowing from her eyes .
She was in my deep thinking when a girl came to her.

"Hi., I'm Shreya, I saw you in economic class." She introduced herself.

"Hi, Shreya......I'm Naina... Please to meet you." She said and smiled.

Shreya sat besides her and they started talking. She was from Mumbai, India. She reminded Naina of Tara. During their conversation they found out that they were sharing the same room. It made Naina really happy and relaxed. Now she atleast had one friend. After lunch they attended rest of their classes. Her first day of college was quite emotional.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Naina.... Her name was quite unique for Ian but he didn't know why it sounded so good. Finally he understood why she had that different accent .She was Indian. After her brief introduction she sat down on an empty seat of the last row. Since she entered in the classroom Ian's full concentration was on her. He didn't know what professor was teaching or what was going in the class. His eyes were fixed on Naina. He could feel her nervousness . He was carefully watching her actions. He himself didn't know why this new girl caught his attention. He wanted to look her face one more time but he was not able to see that as he was sitting on the last bench of the second row . He was busy staring her just when Liza came and sat besides him.

He never liked her company but he could not do anything so he pretended to study to ignore her. After class he saw her leaving with Mr. Singh..

After next class,they all went to cafeteria and were sitting at their usual place. They were laughing at the joke Tyler told them when Ian saw her entering in the cafe. She was alone and was looking here and there then she went to Martha. Ian was not able to listen what they were talking about .

During their conversation he first time saw her smiling. The smile was making her even more prettier and it also made him smile too (weird right). Ian also saw Martha was very happy while talking to her. Then she took her food tray and sat down at the corner table. First she looked around then started to eat.After some time he saw tears in her eyes. He didn't like seeing her in that condition.

"What happened to her?".Is she all right?" He mutter.
Liza was observing him all this while.

" Hey Ian, where are you lost? What are you looking at? She asked while looking at her direction.

"Nothing.... you tell me, how was your party? He asked her to divert her mind.

And she started telling him about the party and fun she had there. Ian pretended listening to her but his mind was somewhere else. After some time when he again looked at her direction he saw her leaving with other girl.

She was also there in rest of their classes but she seemed lost .He thought She might be feeling home sick.

That night he kept thinking about her. She took over his mind.

I don't know her then why am I so concerned about her?

Oh God..... What is happening to me?.......He thought.