Chapter-23

Naina was very happy to meet Ian's parents. She was so surprised when his father said Namaste. It was so unexpected. She was so amazed to see how they made her so comfortable. Before meeting them she was feeling little awkward but the way they talked to her she didn't feel that she was meeting them for the first time. And Emma.... She was such a cheerful girl. She didn't let anyone to talk to her much. She dragged Naina to her room. It was like a princess room. All pink and purple . There was a big toy castle inside the room. She showed her all her toys and dolls . She was very naughty too, when they were having snacks she suddenly put the frosting of the cake on Naina's cheek and started running. Naina was afraid that she would fell down so she also started running after her to catch her and while running she once again bumped into Ian. She was so embarrassed. Poor Ian ..... Every time he had to suffer because of her but he never complained. Thank god his mother came and she hurriedly left with her.

At the dining table she started serving her. Naina was so surprised to see that in spite how rich they were still they were so down to earth. Now she understood why Ian was like that. He inherited his parents qualities. He was really lucky. When his mother told Naina that Ian had told her that she is vegetarian she was so surprised that he remembered. He is really a great friend..  She thought.

After lunch he showed her his house. Naina was fascinated to saw it. It was such a big place. Every room, every corner of the house was so well maintained. When she was in his room she saw something that caught her gaze. It was his childhood picture. He was wearing Michael Jackson costume and was posing like a rock star. He was looking so cute , adorable and innocent that Naina couldn't refrain herself and chuckled. He was looking very Embarrassed that made her laugh. Then he showed her his music studio with all the musical instruments and pictures of all the musicians. He even played guitar for her and she realized he was really good at it.

When she called him cute,he didn't like it but she quite enjoyed teasing him. She was laughing when suddenly he came close to her and talked in husky voice while looking deep into her eyes......and her breath hitched. She was stunned. The way he was looking at her it was something else. It was a strange feeling. She was standing there speechless when suddenly he started laughing......Oh God she didn't know that he would do such a prank on her.....He asked her about her passion other than study. She wanted to tell him that she was a dancer and was too performing on the college fest but before she could speak Emma came and she had to go with her.

They were in the living room when she saw the time. It was almost 6'clock so she told them that she wanted to leave. Ian said he would drop her so sat said goodbye to them and went out.

They were going towards garage when she got the call from Tara. She felt happy but at first she showed tantrums because this is what Tara always did to her. Naina thought today she should tease her......Anyways she was so happy because it's been while since they talked. They talked about everything college, their friends, family everything. Then she took Naina by surprise when she told her that she was getting engaged.

"Whatttt..."..was her first reaction.... Then she felt so happy for her.

Her engagement will be next month. She said she wanted Naina to be with her on that day but she knew that  this was not possible. Her voice was trembling when she was talking. Naina too became emotional. She told her that how she wanted to be her and how much she was missing her.

"It is my best friends engagement and I will not be with her" This thought was making her sad . She was not able to talk to her anymore so she said that she will talk to her later and cut the call.

During the ride  Naina was just thinking about Tara and their childhood. How they did every thing together. They were inseparable. They were always there for each other. But now things had changed. She will not be there on her special day. All those thoughts captured her mind. She didn't talk much to Ian. Even when she reached hostal she didn't say much. She just thanked him and left. She needed some alone time.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ian was so happy that he got some more time with her. After biding goodbye to everyone they came out. They were walking towards the garage when her phone rang. She looked at the phone and a smile formed on her lips.

"Hello " She said with attitude and Ian was surprised because she always talk very politely to everyone.

"No, I don't want to talk to you.".. She said while making a face. After sometime she suddenly started giggling. Then she started talking in her native language for some time.

"Whome she talking to " Ian thought because the way she was speaking to that person he was sure that was not from her family because he had seen her talking to her mother and father many times. But this time her behavior was different but he couldn't understand because of her language.

"Whatttt...".... She said and she was looking stunned.
"What would have happened " He thought. Then again she started speaking in other language and was looking really happy then again her expression changed.

"Noooo..... Why you always say this.....please don't be upset ".She said softly.
The other person said something and she started giggling.

"Ok.. Ok... You know na I want to be with you. Now stop... I am going back to hostal. I will talk to you later". She said while chuckling.

"Miss you too" She said and cut the call but she was still looking at the phone.

Ian was looking at her trying to understand who it could be.

Anyways she put her phone in the bag and went inside the car. Throughout the ride she didn't talked much. She seemed lost.

Is it because of the call.......Ian thought.

"Should I ask her about that.....no, no....I shouldn't. What if she would think that I am interfering too much.....".he was talking to himself.

As they reached the hostal Ian went out of the car and opened the car door for her. She came out quickly. He was getting impatient and finally he decided to ask her directly but before he could say anything she started speaking.

"Ian thank you so much for today. It was a great pleasure to meet your family. They are so kind and wonderful. You are really lucky to have them..... Ok... You take care... See you tomorrow.." . She said and left and Ian stood there watching her leave.

Something happened to her after that call. He didn't know that she was so close to someone who can affect her so much. She was talking to that person like without being formal, showing her completely different side, like someone very close to her heart. If not her family then who it might be....he thought and suddenly a thought flashed in my mind... Her boyfriend.....

Oh god.... How stupid of me.... I never asked her about that... She is so beautiful, so intelligent, so kind. She has every quality which can make anyone fall for her......In college I have seen many boys staring her. There were some indian students too . I often saw her talking to them in her language. How can I think that I am the only one who can love her. There must be someone for sure..... And her behavior clearly shows that she also likes him..... He was lost in his thoughts

No...... This can't be true.... She is only mine...... " He said to himself.

But what if it is..........

He didn't know how but a strong feeling of jealousy took over him.....